Please tell me this is just some sick joke.

thats not bad for the newer music these days. has a sound kind of like system of down... tell u this this band will be huge look at the darkness. at least this is better then slipknot.

Wouldn't it be great if there was just a gene or something that automatically made everyone grow out of nu-metal by the time they turned 12?

Damn, that's bad. Sad thing is, they could be a pretty decent band if they had a better vocalist. Jada Pinkett Smith makes Courtney Love sound talented.

I'll just keep listening to Lacuna Coil, a real band with a female vocalist who knows how to sing.

I remember wondering what her band sounded like.

Now I regret wondering.

[quote name='CrimGhost']...Remember when music was good?[/QUOTE]
when rock stars trashed hotel rooms, did enough drugs and alcohol to kill small towns, had sex with tons of females, all while still managing to crank out amazing songs? sadly mtv (and now american idol) has done an excellent job at killing the artistic merit of music.

Stick decent vox and you have a "friendly metal" band to market to the the masses......

[quote name='DigitalSpace']
I'll just keep listening to Lacuna Coil, a real band with a female vocalist who knows how to sing.[/QUOTE]

The only difference between the new Lacuna Coil record and Wicked Wisdom is the singer. Go buy Comalies and everything before, then pick up every The Gathering record past the first two.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']I love her for enjoying the metal-- i'm just sad she decided to try doing it :)[/QUOTE]

They're not metal.

So, just to make this shit clear:

Will Smith is one of the worst rappers alive, and Jada Pinket is one of the worst rockers alive.
Their kid is fucked.

WTF happened to this Jada

rcp.smith.jpg

The music was not bad but the vocals sucked.

To be honest, I've only listened to a couple of tracks and have forgotten what they sounded like; but if it might help spread the gospel of metal, then I'm all for it lol

[quote name='darkmere']when rock stars trashed hotel rooms, did enough drugs and alcohol to kill small towns, had sex with tons of females, all while still managing to crank out amazing songs? sadly mtv (and now american idol) has done an excellent job at killing the artistic merit of music.[/QUOTE]

That was sarcasm right? I'm not exactly sure that vandalism, drugs, and sex are exactly artistic merits of music.

Dude wicked wisdom isnt that bad man. Give them a chance, i went through this for about a month.

personally i am very glad that there is getting to be more black people in rock, not that i dont love yall white people its just that rap sucks so hardcore that it would be nice to see some blacks finally stop being scared to try rock.

Anyway Ozzy personally sign WW to ozzfest so if he can give them a chance so can you.

EDIT
[quote name='thespillcanvas']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nHGGAmJCYI&search=wicked%20wisdom

This is apparently a "popular band". And yes, the lead singer is Jada Pinkett. (Will Smith's wfe..). They toured Ozzfest last year and have an album out... All I can really say is, why the fuck do people listen to this kind of shit?[/quote]

Honestly....your a fucking idiot.

Nothing annoyes me more than "music fans" your repsonse to almost anything, "OMG ITS DIFFERNT NOOOOOOOO IT MUST SUCK"

One its not a popular band (i am guessing your just saying that because the lead singer is Jada so you assume since she is already famous everyone is listening to them) 2 its their first album they have some good songs and some bad songs but in the future they will get better as the learn to play together.

God damn will you fucking pussy give anyone a chance before writting them off by listening to just one song. If it wasnt Jada you would think they were alright but needed work but since alot of you seem to love to hate celebrities you will say "omg it sucks ass"

Its ok if you dont like a band but alot of you are just saying they suck because Jada is the lead singer which just makes you a fucking annoying pussy

My rant over.

I was going to quote the above post, but it's too large.

Well judging from the video, which is all I have, she is a very poor singer.

The bass player and drummer are quite good, while the guitarists need some work.

[quote name='willardhaven']I was going to quote the above post, but it's too large.

Well judging from the video, which is all I have, she is a very poor singer.

The bass player and drummer are quite good, while the guitarists need some work.[/quote]

Yeah...i never said she was the greatest singer on the planet i said they need time to gel. It annoyes me to hear people say any band sucks after hearing just one song. Not every band is the greatest on their first album.

But i am guessing most of you will listen to this one little snipit and say everything they do now and in the futures completely sucks donkey balls, but then after a year or 2 they might come out with a brillant album then some of you will go, "WHAT......I NEVER SAID I DIDNT LIKE THEM I LOVE ME SOME WW" like 90% of all so called music fans do.

All i am saying is give them and any other start up band a little time before saying that everything they do now and in the futures sucks ass.

I went to their website and sampled their cd, and in my personal opinion, it' horrible. The music is very well made, but the vocals are terrible. A woman yelling crappy lyrics isn't really talent. Especially since she can't even sing.

[quote name='jmcc']Hey, one of them has to win some bread. And Will's career is out of steam, it seems.[/quote]

Will Smith is signed on to do the film version of "I am Legend". I dont really see him in that role so I kinda have my doubts. Still, I am hoping the film is good.

As for Jada, I think she should leave the rocking to Mastodon, High on Fire and Slayer.......

EDIT: The best rocking bands with chicks fronting them are: Bikini Kill, Joan Jett, Babes in Toyland, L7.

[quote name='vietgurl']change the singer and this band might actually be decent[/quote]

I disagree. I've been listening to metal for a long time and i think its time for this nu-metal to go away. I'm glad bands like Korn and Limp Bisket are in a decline.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Too many guitars and she sounds like a 14-year-old boy.[/QUOTE]
Ditto.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Dude wicked wisdom isnt that bad man. Give them a chance, i went through this for about a month.

personally i am very glad that there is getting to be more black people in rock, not that i dont love yall white people its just that rap sucks so hardcore that it would be nice to see some blacks finally stop being scared to try rock.

Anyway Ozzy personally sign WW to ozzfest so if he can give them a chance so can you.

EDIT

Honestly....your a fucking idiot.

Nothing annoyes me more than "music fans" your repsonse to almost anything, "OMG ITS DIFFERNT NOOOOOOOO IT MUST SUCK"

One its not a popular band (i am guessing your just saying that because the lead singer is Jada so you assume since she is already famous everyone is listening to them) 2 its their first album they have some good songs and some bad songs but in the future they will get better as the learn to play together.

God damn will you fucking pussy give anyone a chance before writting them off by listening to just one song. If it wasnt Jada you would think they were alright but needed work but since alot of you seem to love to hate celebrities you will say "omg it sucks ass"

Its ok if you dont like a band but alot of you are just saying they suck because Jada is the lead singer which just makes you a fucking annoying pussy

My rant over.[/quote]

Dude, I don't have ANYTHING against them because of Jada/popularity/race/anything like that. I don't like them because I don't like her vocals. And you mentioned about her being a black singer doing rock. That's great, I have nothing against that, here's a band I like ALOT that has a black singer, their name is Killswitch Engage, here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJMoaZm-zsY&search=rose of sharyn

[quote name='thespillcanvas']Dude, I don't have ANYTHING against them because of Jada/popularity/race/anything like that. I don't like them because I don't like her vocals. And you mentioned about her being a black singer doing rock. That's great, I have nothing against that, here's a band I like ALOT that has a black singer, their name is Killswitch Engage, here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJMoaZm-zsY&search=rose%20of%20sharyn[
/quote]

No no no dude calm down this isnt anything about race. I am not saying you didnt like because she was black...not at all. I only mentioned that because i am black and i think its about time that more black people are trying rock that all. Also i seen KSE at ozzfest a couple years back.....they were sweet as hell.

The only thing i was saying was give them..and any other band a chance to gel. Not liking their vocals is fine and a very good arguement because i dont like them either but saying they suck without reason or merit is stupid. The rant was more about me hating people who just says every type of music sucks expect the stuff they are listening to.....this goes double for new bands since everyone seems to think every new band sucks ass without actualy listening to their album at all.

Lets face it.....90% of music fans just like whatever happens to be number 1 on TRL that week or whatever. Its hard to find a true music fan.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
No no no dude calm down this isnt anything about race. I am not saying you didnt like because she was black...not at all. I only mentioned that because i am black and i think its about time that more black people are trying rock that all.

The only thing i was saying was give them..and any other band a chance to gel. Not liking their vocals is fine and a very good arguement because i dont like them either but saying they suck without reason or merit is stupid. The rant was more about me hating people who just says every type of music sucks expect the stuff they are listening to.....this goes double for new bands since everyone seems to think every new band sucks ass without actualy listening to their album at all.

Lets face it.....90% of music fans just like whatever happens to be number 1 on TRL that week or whatever. Its hard to find a true music fan.[/quote]
Sorry about seeming worked up, I'm not mad, I just seem like that way sometimes, lol. Also, I know what you mean about people not giving bands a chance, I can't stand it, and it's only getting worse as the days go by.

[quote name='swetooth9']lol, i thought if jada pinkett ever sang, it would be R&B...guess not...[/QUOTE]

Well she was in the Matrix.

bread's done
Back