po N-Gage 59.99 @ gamestop

I would spend the $60 on just the MP3 player, if I didn't think it was crap.

So how is the MP3 player?

man i just received the phone yesterday.....man is this phone awesome!!!! it is much like my 3650 except no camera but other than that a+

radio is great. great quality.... game are great. tpny hawk looks and sounds great .. and better yet the phone came in all its original packaging with cd rom and usb cables and stereo headsets etc.....MINT!!

BARELY USED and even still had the protective sticker on the screen!!

thank you OP

i knew it was always good...its nokia they rock

anywayz its a great phone with endless features..

u can even record from the radio...

they have a 79.99 QD at the B&M locations, if you can find them. The 59.99 one didn't work, so I exchanged it out and paid the difference, which is worth the non-sidetakingness

Used original N-Gage's are back in stock at Gamestop.com, for those interested.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=909069

If you think of it as a portable game system, I agree it's not that great. As a phone that can do a bunch of other stuff, it seems okay to me. Should be fun to tinker with.

And remember, there's a decent homebrew/emulation scene for the N-Gage, which you can get info about here: http://ngage.dcemu.co.uk/

I can't wait to try out Mame on this thing.

-DM

Hi guys, question:
I already have Cingular wireless. Can I just pop in my phone's card and talk, or do I need to have the phone activated? (assuming I bought one used).

[quote name='ohnoitschris']well? how is the mp3 player? and what kind of medium does it store on?

*too damn cheap to buy an iPod*[/quote]

The MP3 player is OK, it uses MMC cards (not SD), but the key feature is that it also plays .RM files, so you can watch video on it as well.

A 128meg card ran me $18 and 1gb cards are going about $70.... but also you can use the cards to store other things as well, like SIS games, etc.

[quote name='BigDirty'][quote name='ohnoitschris']well? how is the mp3 player? and what kind of medium does it store on?

*too damn cheap to buy an iPod*[/quote]

The MP3 player is OK, it uses MMC cards (not SD), but the key feature is that it also plays .RM files, so you can watch video on it as well.

A 128meg card ran me $18 and 1gb cards are going about $70.... but also you can use the cards to store other things as well, like SIS games, etc.[/quote]

So you can use cards larger than 128 mb?

Yes you can, even though the manual only says it supports 128 meg (which happens to be the size of the largest Nokia branded card)...

I've got a 128mb card in right now, but I'm probably going to get a 512 or 1g once I finish upgrading my machine. Right now, I've been able to copy all of my games onto the one card, and since they use the same/similar .DLLs and APIs, there is some overlap, but also I've got the collection of ringtone and a couple other symbian games and poof, the space is all taken up.

The good thing about it is that I don't have to worry about opening it up and losing the little cards while I'm on the road. If you think a GBA cart is easy to loose, something 1/4th the size of a credit card is that much more easy to loose. But now I want to toss on some .RM files and .MP3s, just so I don't always have to use it for games while I'm mobile.

mmmm... sexy poker...

[quote name='PsyClerk']You have admitted to owning an N-Gage. You also admitted to spending $5 on a game called Sexy Poker.

Just start running, I'll try to buy you some time.[/quote]

[quote name='BigDirty']If I can use the discount card for the ones in store, I'm on this like flies on poop. I actually need a new TMobile phone, and that price tops off any that can be had.[/quote]

ITs 79.99 PO for the QD B&M if they have them. Call around maybe you'll find a gem.

[quote name='sying'][quote name='BigDirty']If I can use the discount card for the ones in store, I'm on this like flies on poop. I actually need a new TMobile phone, and that price tops off any that can be had.[/quote]

ITs 79.99 PO for the QD B&M if they have them. Call around maybe you'll find a gem.[/quote]

Look throughout here, and you probably could tell I already got a model one, and can't be happier with it. :lol:

I actually like having the radio and MP3 player on board, which is missing from the QD, and I actually enjoy the side talking as well.

$79.99 for QD? Hmmm? I was looking to get one for $99.99 to have a smaller alternative to my Original Flavor. I will have to look into this.

[quote name='soulwish2003']mmmm... sexy poker...

[quote name='PsyClerk']You have admitted to owning an N-Gage. You also admitted to spending $5 on a game called Sexy Poker.

Just start running, I'll try to buy you some time.[/quote][/quote]

It really is a fun game. Don't write it off because of the name. . .

Love that rolling on the floor laughing smiley. As for the N-Gage, I already have a cellphone and an ipod, so I don't see much of a use for it. Also the shape of the N-Gage...just no. I am planning on getting a new phone in April, but it'll be another Verizon phone. There's just too many factors limiting the N-Gage in terms of a viable buy.

Do you know if B&M have them for sale used? Is it possible that I can use the code thing to make it compatitble with AT&T? I really want a new cell phone and this seems perfect since I can get a 1 gig card to play all my MP3's and games.

i need a gsm phone to get me through the next few months until the Treo 650 hits the GSM carriers, anyone think this would be a good interim purchase? It's hard to find a decent phone without a contract.

[quote name='Milkyman']i need a gsm phone to get me through the next few months until the Treo 650 hits the GSM carriers, anyone think this would be a good interim purchase? It's hard to find a decent phone without a contract.[/quote]
It's better than a decent phone. Anyone who has one knows that once you spend 20 minutes with it, you pall in love and can't picture yourself with any other phone. It's a great little electronic "swiss army knife"

[quote name='BigDirty'][quote name='Milkyman']i need a gsm phone to get me through the next few months until the Treo 650 hits the GSM carriers, anyone think this would be a good interim purchase? It's hard to find a decent phone without a contract.[/quote]
It's better than a decent phone. Anyone who has one knows that once you spend 20 minutes with it, you pall in love and can't picture yourself with any other phone. It's a great little electronic "swiss army knife"[/quote]

Agreed. My initial impression of the N-Gage was "What a stupid idea!" After picking one up for $100 though, my impression is "What a great idea!"

Okay, I'm actually thinking about picking one of these up for the wife.

I've been looking to get her a cell phone for really cheap.

Will the phone service only work with Nokia, or can I use another company? Also, will it work with Nokia prepaid?

[quote name='Milkyman']Hello kind sir, but I do not believe Nokia provides service, but only phones. This should work with any gsm provider cingular/att, t-mobile, etc., your majesty.[/quote]

Ahhh, stupid me.

[quote name='Engineer_J']can anyone link a site with the type and price of the cards I would need to get to play mp3's

Thanks[/quote]

It takes MMCs (Multi Media Cards). Your best bet would be to head over to pricewatch and look under Flash Media, MMC, and then the size you are looking for. Especially since the price of media tends to fluctuate. I got a 128 meg house brand from www.areocooler.com for $18.

Make sure you get a MMC and not a SD card. They're similar, but SDs are too thick for the NGage.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Does anyone know how much these are B&M?[/quote]
Most GS B&M stores should be 59.99. That's how I grabbed mine

I called up gamestop today to see if they had any but i guess "used ngages" is a bit of a tongue twister or something, he didnt understand me at first and thought I was asking about guilty gear

[quote name='Milkyman']even though it said backordered mine shipped already woohoo![/quote]

Good stuff. I got mine today. The only problem is that it didn't come with the disc or any instructions, so Im trying to hunt some down now.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']If the NGage had more than a handful of games available, it would be worth it. As it is, it's worthless as a console because of the almost nonexistent library...

I still think that it was a good idea. It just died in its execution.[/quote]

It does. Just get a memory card and load it with any Symbian OS game out there(tens of thousands). It will run any software that the Nokia 6000 series ones do.

I have my spreadsheets, about 50 Java-based games, and a few office type apps loading on my memory card. It's 512 MB, so no worries on ever taking it out.

[quote name='guyver2077']yea ngage rocks...i have a 256mb mmc...and i have a bunch of games,movies,music,apps etc on it.....[/quote]

Anyone got a good link for software? Also is there any onboard memory or is a memory card a must?

Well, I ended up going and picking up the N-Gage yesterday. The system seems pretty damn cool, but it didn't come with any of the cables or discs, so I think I may take it back and save up a bit for a brand new one.

I figure by the time I go out and find all the cables I need I'll end up spending about the same for what I can get a brand new one for.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Well, I ended up going and picking up the N-Gage yesterday. The system seems pretty damn cool, but it didn't come with any of the cables or discs, so I think I may take it back and save up a bit for a brand new one.

I figure by the time I go out and find all the cables I need I'll end up spending about the same for what I can get a brand new one for.[/quote]

Yeah, but also if you got a model one, and the radio is important to you, then it's probably the best you're going to get. It's a tough call, personally I can't see having mine without the onboard radio/MP3 features, just because that's what I use most frequently.

The headset will runs $15 for the stereo headset, and that's the main one you need. If you just need a hands free one, the little micro-plug nokia works for the NGage. (It also works as a mono headset for games/radio/mp3 player... I pull that off at work sometimes), and those can be picked up almost anywhere for

Just got my N-gage today, i think they sent me a broken one! the charging port... theres nothing inside, no contacts for the ac adapter to touch, when i stick it in it just wiggles around in empty space.. am i doing something wrong?

edit:
Here's a picture,
broken.jpg

And the shrink wrap on it was broken when I looked in the box, I think some prick at gamestop.com switched me his broken unit! D*(@&#$*(!!@

bread's done
Back