Pokemon 3D - foregone conclusion?

bic

CAGiversary!
With less than stellar 3ds sales and pokemon being as popular as ever...will we see a pokemon 3d release?

One can only hope.

Definitely yes, at some point, but probably not for a while. The series is a cash cow, why would they not make one? I am guessing they will have to make the 3rd version of B&W before they make a Pokemon 3DS. A new Pokemon game (main game RPG) has not even been announced in Japan yet so I am guessing at least 2 years off from seeing a Pokemon RPG on the 3DS in the USA.

[quote name='bic']With less than stellar 3ds sales and pokemon being as popular as ever...will we see a pokemon 3d release?

One can only hope.[/QUOTE]

You got to have games worth buying to justify buying a system. This is logic 101... It's almost laughable to consider they would release the next Pocket Monster game (which has always been portable) on the project cafe or DS. The upcoming Kirby game is one of those "we still support the system" games.

[quote name='SaraAB']Definitely yes, at some point, but probably not for a while. The series is a cash cow, why would they not make one? I am guessing they will have to make the 3rd version of B&W before they make a Pokemon 3DS. A new Pokemon game (main game RPG) has not even been announced in Japan yet so I am guessing at least 2 years off from seeing a Pokemon RPG on the 3DS in the USA.[/QUOTE]

One has to ponder why a pokemon rpg for the 3ds was not in the works during the development of the 3ds console.

I agree if there was a Pokemon game at launch especially a main series RPG I probably would have invested in a 3DS at launch like many other people would have. However with no RPG's in sight for the 3DS, it will not be getting my money until I see a Pokemon game or some sort of other very compelling, LONG LASTING experience. But with no Pokemon game being announced for even Japan right now we will be waiting a while.

Pokemon sells systems for me, I play a ton of other games on my DS but Pokemon is the system seller for me. Without Pokemon, I may as well just play games on my iPod touch.

The only reason I can think of why they don't have a new game, and I am going out on a limb here, is that they will be releasing the original Pokemon Red/Blue games for the E-shop. Really going out on a limb here, if those games come out with online trading and battling, it will be a system seller for me no doubt.

bread's done
Back