Pokemon Black & White 25 FSSS Amazon DotD

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Should I buy White if I have Black?[/QUOTE]

ya im kinda tempted too to get black even thou I have white...

In for both. I held off from buy these because some asshole stole my DS out of my car (and a laptop!) but I was able to find a clearanced Mario DSi XL at Target. This day keeps getting better and better!

Awesome price. Hard to expect to get Pokemon games for cheaper than this, so if you're interested you might as well buy it now. Best Pokemon game made so far.

More logs for the fire! Erm, more for the backlog. Damn, it's been a while since I've played a Pokemon (think I stopped at "Yellow") but this was a good price. If only I hadn't just got Nostalgia, and didn't have Chrono Trigger and TWEWY standing in the way.

Ordered both and got SSFIV 3DS in my GB with $25 promotional credit from 3DS purchase, which came out to $12.99 and $62.99 total with free shipping.

If I have pokemon platinum and pokemon heartgold that I haven't played yet, and a backlog til I am old and gray, should I still buy this? I am going to eventually play it I just don't know when. Is a pokemon game at 25 common?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Which is better, white or black? I've never played a pokemon game but these have me interested...[/QUOTE]

i like your avatar, i saw them a couple times in jacksonville back in the day

[quote name='hwmusic']i like your avatar, i saw them a couple times in jacksonville back in the day[/QUOTE]

ha! me too actually.

i just bought pokemon heartgold for a little under 30 and I think pokemon platinum at 30, so the chances of black and white ever going to 25 again is slim I would think?

[quote name='hwmusic']i just bought pokemon heartgold for a little under 30 and I think pokemon platinum at 30, so the chances of black and white ever going to 25 again is slim I would think?[/QUOTE]

This is the first time in my memory that I've seen the current generation Pokémon games even fall below retail*...so probably.

Oh, just to note: this also drops the price down to the same price for those who preordered the game and got the $10 credit (in a sort of roundabout way).

*Edit: hell, it's the first time I've seen them new for under $30. (Though you could probably find the older titles that low if you went looking.)

Last edited by a moderator:
im 8 in line at goozex so i might as well wait ...... might be a few more months but i would rather wait then buy white when i havent even played more then 8 hours of black

THOSE LOOKING FOR A FLIP

POKEMON BLACK AND WHITE FETCHES 850pts on goozex with early release (meaning you get to preorder a game)

Now if there was something i really wanted on preorder i would order a few just to flip on goozex

50 bucks for both = 1700 goozex pts + 2 early releases 1700 pts be worth 85 bucks

something to think about for people runnning low on points

[quote name='w7w7w7w7w7']I feel like such a suckler! I just paid full price for White Yesterday :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Buy the new one on Amazon at $25 and then return that copy to wherever you bought it for $40.

Wow, I'm really tempted to buy White even though I never beat the second version of a Pokemon game that I buy.

I definitely have to thank all these retailers and CAG these few months. I never get amazing deals for 360 and the deals lately there are these crazy amounts of deals around this time. It's deal after deal after deal, I'm not sure if I can buy this if I'm getting a 360 at best buy but it's so tempting.

[quote name='Optical']So what are the differences between both versions? I might end up getting both at that price. :p[/QUOTE]

They're both amazing, I tried Pokemon White that I borrowed from someone. Generally the same, while it depends on whether you want a Physical Attacking Zekrom or Special Attacking Reshiram. They're both great choices and prior to getting the legendary there's only some changes here and there. It makes much more of an impact selecting a starter since your team line-up will be different, having both versions would be amazing since you experience that twice.

I really don't need to buy more games, especially since I won't play them until May, but pokemon games never drop in price and I do have a long flight coming up...curse you CAG with all your good deals
edit: sweet, found an American Express gc in my wallet with exactly $25 on it, made my decision easier :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can return it and order on Amazon? I see the dilemma for most people though, you already started a new game and it won't feel right. I love the copy of Pokemon Black I have right now and it would suck to return it just so I can save a few bucks.

[quote name='Optical']So what are the differences between both versions? I might end up getting both at that price. :p[/QUOTE]

The primary differences is white's surroundings are more nature-based (White Forest). Black is city-based (Black City).

Also, Pokemon White has 4 Triple Battles and 1 Rotational Battle. Pokemon Black has 4 Rotational Battles and 1 Triple Battle.

Black has the legendary pokemon Reshiram (Dragon/Fire)
White has the legendary pokemon Zekrom (Dragon/Electric)

It all comes down to preference.

Haven't played a Pokemon game in a while, so I decided to pick up version White because I heard good things about it.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='karyadi']You can return it and order on Amazon? I see the dilemma for most people though, you already started a new game and it won't feel right. I love the copy of Pokemon Black I have right now and it would suck to return it just so I can save a few bucks.[/QUOTE]
You can't return an opened game anyway. The way it works is you order from Amazon & then return the copy that comes in to where ever you bought the original copy from. As long as you have the receipt, it'll work since the copy from Amazon will be sealed and have the same upc.

For those wondering if these will drop any further, don't count on it. Pokemon, like Mario, games tend to hold their value for a really really long time.

[quote name='eliter1']Thanks for that link. I want Black but White seems to have more of the first gen Pokemon... Can't decide...[/QUOTE]

No problem. It helped me decide, figured it could probably help some others too! :)

ALSO; does anyone know if there is a way to link up to Soul Silver to transfer those pokemon to Black or White?

[quote name='Fossum206']No problem. It helped me decide, figured it could probably help some others too! :)

ALSO; does anyone know if there is a way to link up to Soul Silver to transfer those pokemon to Black or White?[/QUOTE]

After you beat the Elite 4 you can transfer Pokemon from Silver/Gold/Diamond/etc.

But you can't send them back.

Sigh. I still haven't finished HeartGold, which i bought for basically this price, but I feel like I should jump on this just for the sake of the price. Oh well I have all day to decide.

[quote name='coldwine']Do these games ever hit the $20 or $15 mark?[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy had these for a $29 last week, but on the flip side - soul silver is still $35 msrp @ target.

bread's done
Back