Pokemon Black & White LE DSi [Pre-Order] $179.99

prateeko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Previously announced for Europe, America will also be getting two limited edition Pokemon DSi consoles on March 6th with a MSRP of $179.99. Please no talk about how this isn't a deal at MSRP, we go through that every time with a LE/SE/CE. Overall there is a small saving since retail on DSi is $149.99 and these games are $34.99 retail and the bundle comes with a case.

Pre-order links:
Amazon - Black
Amazon - White

Best Buy - Black
Best Buy - White

GameStop - Black
GameStop - White

ToysRUs - Black
ToysRUs - White

Details:
"The black system bundles will be packaged with the Pokémon Black Version game, while the white system bundles will be packaged with a copy of the Pokémon White Version game. Both the black systems and white systems will feature the new Legendary Pokémon Reshiram™ and Zekrom™ etched onto the casing. Reshiram and Zekrom are among the more than 150 never-before-seen Pokémon introduced in Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version. The bundles will also include a custom Pokémon Nintendo DSi carrying case. Each bundle will be offered at a suggested retail price of $179.99."
Nintendo World Report

Pokemon-Black-DSi-600x462.jpg
Pokemon-White-DSi-600x462.jpg

41oXg8w44pL.jpg
313XdsW3cBL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, by far the worst idea ever. In less than two weeks after the release of this bundle the value of a DSi is going to drop drastically. Oh well, I guess nintendo has to get last minute sales while they still can.

[quote name='stevo1002']Yeah, by far the worst idea ever. In less than two weeks after the release of this bundle the value of a DSi is going to drop drastically. Oh well, I guess nintendo has to get last minute sales while they still can.[/QUOTE]

It's a pretty smart move by Nintendo then. They know the system will sell tons at this price because of Pokemon, so it's basically win-win for them as usual.

Really, they're getting another DSi model out this close to the launch of the 3DS...at 170$ thats only an 80$ difference for the upgrade....and I still have the pokemon model DS Lite and thats not really worth much more then a normal Lite online even though it is a special edition :/

Everyone saying that the 3DS is only a couple weeks away has forgotten one big thing:

A LOT of people that are interested in the 3DS are holding off. Early Adopters get screwed more often than not, either in price or hardware durability.

If people aren't wowed by the 3DS yet, and are wanting to wait a while (like me), then getting this DSi is actually a decent idea. Granted, I'd much rather get the Mario 25th anniversary DSi XL for the same price, but some don't want or need the larger system.

As beautiful as those systems are, there's no way I would touch them. The 3DS has my preorder. Buying a DSi this late in the game just seems like a waste.

[quote name='The Punisher']This isn't the XL? Better to wait for the 3DS. Maybe retailers will drop price on DSi and DSi XL.[/QUOTE]

more like the other way around...

the everyday gamer will not even start to look at the 3DS until summer or later..

i can see the 3DS crashing and burning 3ds 199 or under by the hoildays

sony could even #$#$# over nitendo big time by putting out the psp2 for 149... though it will never happen it could :)

I can't say I'm not tempted... but $179.99? For a regular DSi? The game isn't free, you're paying for that too.

This is great for those who are waiting until x-mas to get a 3DS though. Almost perfect I'd say.

The Red DSi Mario bundle is a far better deal overall, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot about the 3DS coming out so soon after this, but that may help drive the price down on this if it's not very limited.

That scenario may be perfect for some since the 3DS will inevitably get a price drop and a 3DS Lite/XL in the future and we'll all curse Nintendo for having us buy multiple iterations of the same hardware.

Either way, I figure I'd put this up since some people would prefer this system with it's decals...

But, but...

"Both the black systems and white systems will feature the new Legendary Pokémon Reshiram™ and Zekrom™ etched onto the casing!!" Come on, that's awesome!

Totally worth it!

And I am totally not in for one, either or both.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']is the red Mario Kart DSi XL hard to find these days?[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen it at any store but I think Amazon still has them, which leads me to believe they got a lot since Best Buy and GameStop both no longer have it on their sites...

[quote name='SDC']I already weep for the children who will get this only to get blindsided by the 3DS.[/QUOTE]
Why? Being an early adopter is childish idea, not to mention the 3-5 hour battery life means a smart person would wait until Nintendo does the inevitable facelift & actually fit in a decent battery =\

Personally I see no value in a DSi over a DS Lite... and in fact there are many downsides (lack of GBA support).

I'd much rather spend $100 on a new DS lite than a DSi, DSiXL or 3DS.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Why? Being an early adopter is childish idea, not to mention the 3-5 hour battery life means a smart person would wait until Nintendo does the inevitable facelift & actually fit in a decent battery =\[/QUOTE]

Add to that the weak 3DS launch lineup, high price of the system, and the very questionable usefulness of the new "3D" feature (which most people will probably turn off after a short time to stop the headaches), and the ol' DSi is looking better and better. :applause:

As far as early adopting goes, its up to the person buying. Why wait atleast a year or two for a remodel, or deal with ALL of the other people trying to get one cheap whenever it finally has a decent sale (Or price drop).

Already paid mine off personally, along with my copies of Pokemon Black/White, Super Street Fighter 4 and Samurai Warriors.

As far as this goes, if it was DSi XL and cheaper, i MIGHT have considered it. (Im a sucker for Pokemon edition's, had a Pikachu Yellow Game Boy, the Pikachu Gameboy SP, and the Diamond and Pearl DS Lite). And either way, i have yet to upgrade from my DS Lite, so i dont feel ripped of in any way towards buying the 3DS

The 3ds will do well in the future, if anyone is doubting it. It may be off to a rocky start, but I know Nintendo will pull through in the end.

OMG
such negativity towards pokemon, why

ill be getting this even though i just bought a new dsi 2 months ago

the 3ds looks cool but has no games that i want to play
ill wait till summer when hopefully they have some games i wanna play.

I will finally be upgrading from my DSphat to one of these babies. The 3DS looks cool, but I won't be purchasing one until a game that intrigues me launches on it (such as Pokémon or something Phantasy Star).

^ im nintendo fanboy but what games are making you buy it day one. I want a 3DS but why now when it has nothing that i wanna play and i have a huge DS backlog already.

When Ocarina of time, Kid Icarus Uprising and Cave Story come out im all over it but ill wait till then.

[quote name='adriley313']^ im nintendo fanboy but what games are making you buy it day one. I want a 3DS but why now when it has nothing that i wanna play and i have a huge DS backlog already.

When Ocarina of time, Kid Icarus Uprising and Cave Story come out im all over it but ill wait till then.[/QUOTE]

Im going to wait until they make a 3DS XL. That way, the bugs are worked out.

^Some people are just buying the 3DS to get one, while they play some older or even new DS games while they wait for a 3DS game they want to come out, it does not hurt that theres going to be the virtual console for older gameboy games and that some DS games are rumored to have enhanced 3DS features, which may not happen though. Either way I see the extra ~$70 going to upgrade straight to a 3DS to be a better deal then buying both, but if you are a big collector I suppose this could be worth it and it doesn't look like that bad of a model. But to each their own!

Sorry Nintendo, but I'm not a Pokemon super-fanboy anymore. Just a regular old fanboy with his pokemon games already paid for in full. Anyways, I won't be getting this or 3DS. PSP2 is the way to go. Nintendo has a way of screwing over early adopters, such as when i bought DS Lite day 1 within a month it broke.

[quote name='helmet']If this mofo was an XL, it'd be the coolest thing since gel pens.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised they're not XLs, especially since I thought Nintendo said the DSi was discontinued. Obviously not...

Oh man, when I saw this posted in K-mart this morning, I raged so hard. Don't even bother with this, you save $5 total and that's even before the price-drop which we all know is going to happen as soon as the 3DS comes out. Lack of early adopters (which is doubtful) or not, the DSi's value is going to plummet and hopefully the XL's MSRP will be @ $150 instead.
I'm going to be lazy and copypasta my rant, which I still stand by:

I'm sorry, but $180 for this bundle? Seriously?

Not only is the 3DS coming out in a few weeks, it's NOT the XL, and basically the DSi itself will cost $145 (-$35 for the full-priced game), isn't that higher than MSRP for a regular DSi at the moment? (Edit: It costs $150 new from Amazon :/, ooo $5.)

And last, but certainly not least, I always hated the DSi in general, disposing of the GBA slot in exchange for an unnecessary camera/a small stable of DSi games.

So go fuck yourselves Nintendo. You really could have shined here with a good price drop/bundle. /end rant

Normally it wouldn't be a big deal if a special edition was launched around MSRP in a console's hey-day, but I feel like the reasons I stated previously just created this perfect storm of Nintendo rage for me. Prepare for the onslaught of children picking up DSis just in time for them to be obsolete. :p You know what I would have preferred, even if there was barely any savings? A Pokemon-themed 3DS with this kind of deal, especially since the base games get a semi-upgrade when played on one.

I see this as perfect, actually. There's no way I'm getting the 3DS when it launches, and probably not until they release the inevitable redesign - that thing's got a massive ass, and just looks really huge and blocky and uncool to me. I think the best thing to do is just stick with the regular ds/i/XL until the makeover.

This works out great for anyone who really wants these pokemon exclusives: when the 3DS comes out, these will drop in price, but it will be so soon after release that these will probably not sell out. So you're almost guaranteed a lower price and availability!

Plus, if you get it at Best Buy and buy the extended warranty, then after a year (or two years) you just bring it in and tell them the battery no longer holds its charge as long as when you bought it (the warranty covers that, and it's not fraud: after 1-2 years the battery will have lost capacity, all of them do), they give you cash back, and then you turn around and buy the new slim 3DS! It works out for everybody.

If this was an XL i would have seriously consider getting one. I don't need another Dsi, even though i like pokemon.

[quote name='roguejedi5']If this was an XL i would have seriously consider getting one. I don't need another Dsi, even though i like pokemon.[/QUOTE]

That's the real problem, I think. :/ I love UN06's genius scheming, now that's how a true CAG thinks. (No disrespect/sarcasm meant.) Not sure about the price-drop on this one (knowing Nintendo), but I suppose I can always pick it up and return/re-buy if there is a price drop? Wonder if K-mart has warranties. xD

Well, with the Kmart deal, the bundle is looking more viable.

[quote name='Kmartblog']Nintendo will also be releasing an Limited Edition DSi Pokemon White and Black Bundle for $179.99. With every in-store purchase of this bundle you can receive any other Pokemon game for free!

The DSi bundle offer cannot be combined with the Pokemon Black/White buy one get one half off promotion. The offer is limited quantites and while supplies last.[/QUOTE]

If it was an XL, it would be under heavy consideration, as I was planning to get one very soon anyway.

Currently, I'm perfectly content with my cobalt/black DS lite, which I'll be keeping around for the GBA support.

As far as the 3DS goes, I'm going to have to pass, at least until it has more games that I'm interested in.

Speaking of the 3DS, when it launches next month, it sure would be nice if Nintendo would drop the price of the three current DS models to something at least or similar to:

DSi XL: $149.99
DSi: $129.99
DS Lite: $99.99

bread's done
Back