pokemon diamond pokemon leveling

lokizz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
im in the process of trying to evolve a magikarp into a gyrados and its fucking taking forever. is there a quick way to get this damn thing leveled up or a good place to go fight pokemon to level it up faster or am i just sol and will have to grind out fights till it happens? also are there any moves i can teach a magikarp or find to teach it now so its not completly worthless in a fight or am i again sol?

magikarp can not learn any moves. Just fighting the strongest trainer. Use magikarp first then switch it with a stronger pokemon. If you got to the eliete 4 fight them. I would just catch a wild gyrados nut I think you need super rod

[quote name='62t']magikarp can not learn any moves. Just fighting the strongest trainer. Use magikarp first then switch it with a stronger pokemon. If you got to the eliete 4 fight them. I would just catch a wild gyrados nut I think you need super rod[/quote]

ive been doing liek you said for a while now but being that i chose the fire monkey as my first pokemon im pretty sol in the first gym battle. ive got it up to level 12 so far so ive got 8 more to go before it gets to where i want it. oh well back to the grind and thanks for the help.

just strap the exp share onto it. I cant remember where I got the item, but it was early in the game, I got it a while ago and I only have 2 badges.

I remember buying one in Red for $500 ching chong dollars. I was about to throw it away but I was like...for five hundred bills this thing must like suck cocks or something. Lo and behold it did.

Never gone back since.

That early in the game, there's little you can do to level Karp quickly, aside from exp. share. You could always do what I did though, and request a Karp on the GTS that's level 10 and above. I did it, and I got a japanese one at level 19. Of course, this was back when the game was released, which was also when the japanese were hot for english pokeymanz.

it'll be a while before i can trade any pokemon anywhere. i need to find a way to get my ds connected to the nets somehow. i know theres a thign you can use but all the ones ive seen work with windows xp and up not 98.

im good now people finally got the magikarp to learn ackle so now ill level him up on weaker pokemon and not have to split the exp.

[quote name='banpeikun']much faster to split the xp on stronger pokemon than to spend time killing weaker pokemon.[/quote]

i do that but mostly only when i come across trainers in the woods or fighting gym leaders ( ive only beaten one so far due to spending most of my time leveling up magikarp). but its going well enough ive got it up to lv16 so not too long till it evolves. question though is there a benefit to not letting a pokemon evolve? like if you have one of the 3 starter pokemon what would be the benefit in keeping it unevolved?

i levelled up my magikarp from level 5 and it took me forever, but once he turned into gyarados the dude could solo gyms :applause: well worth the wait, what i did was use exp share and just fight the strongest guys i came across

Edit: the benefit of keeping a pokemon in its earlier stage is that it will learn its moves quicker, you can use this site serebii.net to check out the move lists, however the downside to this is that your pokemon will be in the weaker form until you evolve it, its kinda a double edged sword

[quote name='maigoyume']i levelled up my magikarp from level 5 and it took me forever, but once he turned into gyarados the dude could solo gyms :applause: well worth the wait, what i did was use exp share and just fight the strongest guys i came across

Edit: the benefit of keeping a pokemon in its earlier stage is that it will learn its moves quicker, you can use this site serebii.net to check out the move lists, however the downside to this is that your pokemon will be in the weaker form until you evolve it, its kinda a double edged sword[/quote]

thanks for the help and the website link. im roughly 2 levels away from getting him to 20 its been slow going but now that im in some of the newer towns its going alot quicker. wont be too long before i can start destroying some fire pokemon.

[quote name='lokizz']thanks for the help and the website link. im roughly 2 levels away from getting him to 20 its been slow going but now that im in some of the newer towns its going alot quicker. wont be too long before i can start destroying some fire pokemon.[/quote]your gyarados can pretty much destroy anything you meet for a while, hes pretty quick too so you'll almost always go first

gyarados be crazy. and if youre trained one up from a magikarp, its so worth it. keep up the hard work!!!

yeah now that i have my gyrados hes been a big help especially with rock pokemon. my main group is psyduck, kadabra, the fire monkey ( sorry i dont know this generation of pokemon that well), budew , gyrados and onix. shit thats pissin me is that my gyraos still doesnt know any water attacks but his bite is viscious and my kadabra only knows teleport.

have any of you taught your pokemon any special kinds of moves liek the kind you dont normally earn through leveling up and also does a gyrados you raise from magikarp have more move options or advantages over catching one ? and do they all do intimidate because mine does and its a sweet move.

bread's done
Back