Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver $34.99/$32.54 at Amazon

When I went to the midnight release for FF13, I asked if they had the figurines already, and low and behold, they did! So I picked up my Lugia figurine, no need to rush Sunday now.

i did the target thing today...grabbed the last of silver/gold figures for $2. i preordered the gold version through amazon, so if anything, i spent $37 for 3 figures and the gold edition.

neat

Nice. Now people who actually intend on buying the games will miss out on the figures. Gonna have to change the site's name to CheapAssholeGamer.

[quote name='icedrake523']Nice. Now people who actually intend on buying the games will miss out on the figures. Gonna have to change the site's name to CheapAssholeGamer.[/QUOTE]

For some reason your two responses on the same page that say the same thing make me want to go to Target and buy a bunch of these silly figures...;)

[quote name='icedrake523']Nice. Now people who actually intend on buying the games will miss out on the figures. Gonna have to change the site's name to CheapAssholeGamer.[/QUOTE]

LOL seriously. I pre-ordered and will buy both games, but no one will be missing out on these figures. Hell, a lot of times even after it comes out I have seen extra figures sitting around the store and they sell for extra. If they wanted the figurine so badly they would have pre-ordered the game already and not be waiting the last 5 days.

Seriously, your average pokenerd would already have them, so no one is missing out. I understand about one response about finite amounts of figurines out there, but you can always go try another store. The pre-order and the figurine have been out for quite some time. More than likely you will still find them at some Best Buys next to the other pre-order goodies they tend to have extras of. If for some strange reason, all the figurines are out of stock, and someone really wanted to get one....well, perhaps they should not have waited so long. That is indeed why they are called "limited".

Preordered SS because it's cheaper, but got the two day prime shipping. Did they have release date delivery for this at one point? Because I don't see it listed there. Anyway, sucks I missed out on the figurine, but oh well.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Preordered SS because it's cheaper, but got the two day prime shipping. Did they have release date delivery for this at one point? Because I don't see it listed there. Anyway, sucks I missed out on the figurine, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Game releases on a Sunday, so rather difficult to for them to do RDD. Best you can hope for is they ship Friday, you get it on Monday.

[quote name='sabanoo']For some reason your two responses on the same page that say the same thing make me want to go to Target and buy a bunch of these silly figures...;)[/QUOTE]
I just really hate it when people do shit like this. Or when they preorder something at GameStop for the bonus and then return the game. It's the same as return fraud, IMO.

So only Pokemon Soul Silver (non-figurine edition) dropped to $33.54. I already have the version with the figure pre-ordered. Considering they are the exact same game... do you think amazon will automatically price adjust or will I need to call in to waste my time over a dollar?

Holy crap icedrake, give it up. Don't be so butthurt over it, it doesn't affect you. Surely there must be other things for you to worry about in your life instead of whether someone is hoarding pokemon figures.

[quote name='coldwine']Ice, chill out[/quote]

Come on, predictable jokes aren't cool.

If you even smirked at that, kill yourself.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']So only Pokemon Soul Silver (non-figurine edition) dropped to $33.54. I already have the version with the figure pre-ordered. Considering they are the exact same game... do you think amazon will automatically price adjust or will I need to call in to waste my time over a dollar?[/QUOTE]

Not the same version, Amazon counts the version with the figure as a "Limited Edition" (which it's not). You can either get the figure + game for $35 or just the game for $33.54.

[quote name='icedrake523']I just really hate it when people do shit like this. Or when they preorder something at GameStop for the bonus and then return the game. It's the same as return fraud, IMO.[/QUOTE]

How is this "fraud"? You got the bonus for preordering the game. Not for "buying" the game. GS/Target/etc. get your $5 and collect the interest on it over and over and over until you actually pick the game up. In the end, if you cancel, they make money. If you buy the game, they make money. If you never pick up the preorder, they will always make money. More money than whatever cheap exclusive code/figure/soundtrack/pencil/stylus/demo/etc they giveaway with preordering.

So it could be you stick to your opinion, and I'll keep preordering and commiting "fraud" when I return the game and keep my lego indiana jones keychain.

we all know the figures will be worthless if people think they can resell them in the future... i picked up 4 of the figures off the plat.. game last year at our banks auction (they were running an auction for some place) got them for 1.00 each

also won pizza for a year (one a month) for 100 : )

wonder y Silver is cheaper... nonetheless i was on the fence about buying it but the few dollars off made me bite, not to mention i had $80 in credit anyways so I said why not

[quote name='yokofox33']Soul Silver is actually down to 32.54 now. Hooray![/QUOTE]

Yea, I canceled my HG order to get SS for the lower price. I kinda wanted SS to begin with so I figured why not? Plus I used the credit from BFBC2 to get $20 more off so I'm happy!

[quote name='Estebon']How is this "fraud"? You got the bonus for preordering the game. Not for "buying" the game. GS/Target/etc. get your $5 and collect the interest on it over and over and over until you actually pick the game up. In the end, if you cancel, they make money. If you buy the game, they make money. If you never pick up the preorder, they will always make money. More money than whatever cheap exclusive code/figure/soundtrack/pencil/stylus/demo/etc they giveaway with preordering.

So it could be you stick to your opinion, and I'll keep preordering and commiting "fraud" when I return the game and keep my lego indiana jones keychain.[/QUOTE]

The bonuses are for people who want to preorder the game and actually purchase the game. You shouldn't be making off with anything when you return a game.

[quote name='Easystride']What day does Amazon usually ship Sunday release games, the Saturday before, or Monday after?[/QUOTE]

I checked my New Super Mario Bros. order. Game came out 11/15 (Sun) and shipped 11/16 (Mon). I did 2-day with Prime and it said the delivery estimate was 11/17 (Tues). I can't recall if I did get it that day.

[quote name='icedrake523']The bonuses are for people who want to preorder the game and actually purchase the game. You shouldn't be making off with anything when you return a game.

I checked my New Super Mario Bros. order. Game came out 11/15 (Sun) and shipped 11/16 (Mon). I did 2-day with Prime and it said the delivery estimate was 11/17 (Tues). I can't recall if I did get it that day.[/QUOTE]
Alright thanks for the info. I think I'll just be patient and stick with the free 2-day shipping rather than upgrade to one day shipping.

I was able to convince the Target employee to let me have a Lugia figure and pre-order. The cards were just in the drawer. I told him I saw the figurines in the glass case, so he had to have some pre-orders available.

This was after he told me there were "No more left."

win.

actually quick question, was someone able to successfully get amazon to price match the SS price if they had the limited edition preordered? if so what did you write?

mine got shipped... next day air... so wonder if they did saturday delivery...

pretty sure not....

edit:
looks like delivery is on 15th.

[quote name='icedrake523']Did you do 1-day shipping? I did 2-day with Prime and mine still hasn't shipped.[/QUOTE]

I had them added to an order with release day delivery a while back.

Hmmm are all the people in this thread that are getting one/two day shipping amazon prime members or just straight up paying for it? I'm always stuck waiting 9-10 days on free super saver shipping.

[quote name='Anbokr']Hmmm are all the people in this thread that are getting one/two day shipping amazon prime members or just straight up paying for it? I'm always stuck waiting 9-10 days on free super saver shipping.[/QUOTE]

I think that most of the people here that buy video games on Amazon are Prime members. I'm in a trial right now.

[quote name='Anbokr']Hmmm are all the people in this thread that are getting one/two day shipping amazon prime members or just straight up paying for it? I'm always stuck waiting 9-10 days on free super saver shipping.[/QUOTE]

I made the mistake of doing a prime trial... sigh... now I'm a member... i

actually order quite a few blurays... and it's either buy stuff I don't really want to get to $25.00 or pay for shipping... so decided to go with prime... and the trial was just too addicting.... I'm about 5 months in and feel like it's already more than paid for itself.

[quote name='snakelda']Why the fuck does nintendo release pokemon games on a sunday?I think the last few were released on a Sunday too.....[/QUOTE]

Most big first party nintendo games come out on Sunday. New Super Mario wii, Mario kart, Smash Bros, etc.

[quote name='snakelda']Why the fuck does nintendo release pokemon games on a sunday?I think the last few were released on a Sunday too.....[/QUOTE]

Isn't just about every big release thing from Nintendo on a Sunday? Wii, Gamecube, past Pokemon games, think NSMB Wii was also released then as well.

Wish Amazon would have shipped it today; looks like I'll be getting my copy of Dragon Age: Awakenings with release-date delivery a day before my Pokemon: Soul Silver two-day package. :(

[quote name='Afflicted']I had them added to an order with release day delivery a while back.[/QUOTE]

WHAT! im in the same boat that i had them added to an order with RDD, but my orders still haven't shipped. i actually emailed them right before checking this topic, so hopefully i get an intelligent response back

My guess would be because the games are marketed to younger children who need their parents to take them to the store to buy the games. As a parent I'd be more likely to take my kid to a store Sunday morning than to let them skip school on a Tuesday so they could get the game first thing and play it all day.

[quote name='ZoneFighter']My guess would be because the games are marketed to younger children who need their parents to take them to the store to buy the games. As a parent I'd be more likely to take my kid to a store Sunday morning than to let them skip school on a Tuesday so they could get the game first thing and play it all day.[/QUOTE]
Yes, but while your kid gets a new Nintendo game, he will forget to do his homework due on Monday.
Now when Monday comes, your kid will be oblivious because of his lack of homework or studying, and a bit anxious to get back home and play the new Nintendo game.

Every Sunday - Monday release of a new Nintendo game is going to impact his grades enough that he will start to slip. Your kid will now start to forget about his education and start thinking about Mario, Pikachu, Link, Donkey Kong, and what not. As a teenager, he will become rebellious and even a bit androgynous. "Androgynous" as in the way he dresses with the pants, shirts and even shoes. He will start to become like that due to the Anime he searched and loved because Nintendo brainwashed him to love cute things like Pikachu and Zelda. He will also become rebellious because anime and jrpgs have protagonists who are young and think they can save the world with a damn keyblade, an umbrella or a 10 feet sword. (lol)
He will somehow manage to grab his G.E.D. but never attend College due to his awful GPA and grades.

The Japanese are clearly trying to get us back from word war 2 through our kids and their education in this new decade.
Damn Nintendo is hitting us in the home front!
We should drop another nuke before its too late boys!

You heard this warning and solution first here folks! :cool:

[quote name='Sway42']Yes, but while your kid gets a new Nintendo game, he will forget to do his homework due on Monday.
Now when Monday comes, your kid will be oblivious because of his lack of homework or studying, and a bit anxious to get back home and play the new Nintendo game.

Every Sunday - Monday release of a new Nintendo game is going to impact his grades enough that he will start to slip. Your kid will now start to forget about his education and start thinking about Mario, Pikachu, Link, Donkey Kong, and what not. As a teenager, he will become rebellious and even a bit androgynous. "Androgynous" as in the way he dresses with the pants, shirts and even shoes. He will start to become like that due to the Anime he searched and loved because Nintendo brainwashed him to love cute things like Pikachu and Zelda. He will also become rebellious because anime and jrpgs have protagonists who are young and think they can save the world with a damn keyblade, an umbrella or a 10 feet sword. (lol)
He will somehow manage to grab his G.E.D. but never attend College due to his awful GPA and grades.

The Japanese are clearly trying to get us back from word war 2 through our kids and their education in this new decade.
Damn Nintendo is hitting us in the home front!
We should drop another nuke before its too late boys!

You heard this warning and solution first here folks! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Or you could do what most parents do and make their kids do their homework Friday night before they are allowed to do anything else.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Or you could do what most parents do and make their kids do their homework Friday night before they are allowed to do anything else.[/QUOTE]
Who does homework on a friday? :lol:

bread's done
Back