Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver $34.99/$32.54 at Amazon

[quote name='cecilvaliant']sooo, is only people that got theirs shipped had "software only"?
im wondering cuz my SS software only is already shipped and supposedly coming today.
my gift of HG w/ figure to a friend still says "not yet shipped". Was thinking of cancelling this one and just getting the software only to speed up shipping.[/QUOTE]

My game with the figure is still listed as "Not Yet Shipped". Pretty lame, but not much I can do about it.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']You didn't have to do them, IIRC, in any Pokemon game ever. Unless you had to do it 1 time for "training" reasons, so it isn't a big deal.[/QUOTE]

I never actually beat it, but a lot of townspeople kept pestering me to do it. I wanted to slaughter them.

[quote name='crawlingpeter']My game with figure was just shipped and says I should expect it tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up, y2jasper. That sounds pretty strange. Pics?[/QUOTE]

well basically the big case that holds both the game and the pedometer is unsealed. but the game inside is actually plastic wrapped. i just assume that nintendo shipped the normal copies without the figure in sealed packaging.

Alright, I'm slightly annoyed, yesterday I notice that it says that my game was in California and was due to be Delivered to me on Tuesday the 16th. I look this morning thinking, alright, it's only in California, two states to the south of me, when I find out, no, it couldn't be that simple and easy and fast, they instead shipped it to friggin' Kentucky...

To say the least I'm a bit annoyed, not to mention that Amazon is based in my state anyway so I still have to pay tax and everything.

My game better come by Wednesday. If it comes Thursday, a CS rep is going to get an earful. I don't spend $80 on Prime to get my products in 3 days.

[quote name='tcrash247'] I really hope this is better than the last Pokemon set, I hated doing all those beauty pageants and using perfumes and shit. That crap was so unnecessary. I just want to fight with my Pokemon, that's it. I thought that was the point of the game?[/QUOTE]

As much as I liked Pokemon Contests in the previous games, I hated them in the recent installment. When I figured out you had to dress up your Pokemon and do this rhythm dance, I decided to never do Pokemon contests again.

Hopefully, in the next Pokemon game, Pokemon Contests won't be so girly. Even as a girl, I resented them.

[quote name='sonderiaom']I look this morning thinking, alright, it's only in California, two states to the south of me, when I find out, no, it couldn't be that simple and easy and fast, they instead shipped it to friggin' Kentucky...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my game is in KY too. I guess it's some sort of hub. But my copy is coming all the way to S.C.

I'm expecting mine tomorrow, the figure edition is sold out, so I jumped on software only, which to me is a misnomer. Mainly because the software only version ships with actual HARDWARE. Haha.

How long has the game with figure been sold out for both of these? Picked up just game now but would have rather it been game with figure.

Still no notice about my HG game shipping out. BTW, for all those worried about the game "not being sealed", it actually is. The actual ds game inside the outer box is sealed, and this is how all stores are selling them. I bought two copies of SS, one from Gamestop and another from Costco and both were packaged the same way. As long as everything inside the outer box remains sealed, your fine if your looking to do a buy now-return later kind of gig.

[quote name='cag1000']How long has the game with figure been sold out for both of these? Picked up just game now but would have rather it been game with figure.[/QUOTE]

SoulSilver LE has been OOS for quite some time now, I think since the middle of Feb? Heartgold just recently sold out within the last two weeks.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']SoulSilver LE has been OOS for quite some time now, I think since the middle of Feb? Heartgold just recently sold out within the last two weeks.[/QUOTE]

Thanx I was able to pick up one SS figure at Target luckily. But 2 more questions....

1. My SS figure comes in a little mini box with a sealed dark bag inside. Are people reporting that the Amazon figure does not come in a box?

2. Is the game packaging (unsealed outer cardboard box with sealed game case inside) the same from Amazon as it is from TRU--BB--Target ect.?

[quote name='cag1000']Thanx I was able to pick up one SS figure at Target luckily. But 2 more questions....

1. My SS figure comes in a little mini box with a sealed dark bag inside. Are people reporting that the Amazon figure does not come in a box?

2. Is the game packaging (unsealed outer cardboard box with sealed game case inside) the same from Amazon as it is from TRU--BB--Target ect.?[/QUOTE]

since i got mine in from amazon today-
1. the figure came in the same kind of box and packaging. both the cardboard box holding the actual sealed game and the box with the figure inside came in a sealed plastic nintendo bag.

2. that is how the amazon packaging is, not sure about other stores. (i'm not sure if you were asking if amazon pakages like that or if other stores do)

I pre-ordered The Show with release date delivery and it didnt ship out of Kentucky until about 10 PM the night before, and I still got it on time.

[quote name='y2jasper']since i got mine in from amazon today-
1. the figure came in the same kind of box and packaging. both the cardboard box holding the actual sealed game and the box with the figure inside came in a sealed plastic nintendo bag.

2. that is how the amazon packaging is, not sure about other stores. (i'm not sure if you were asking if amazon pakages like that or if other stores do)[/QUOTE]

Thanx yea ok sounds the same I guess. No different. Now if only I could find a Heart Gold figure. I wasn't able to find one at any of the stores I went to...

My SS was in shipping soon since saturday afternoon, finally shipped out this morning and I should have it by wednesday. I'm so used to release date delivery haha. Whatever, I think it depends on the warehouse it ships from too, some of us took forever to ship and others got it out quickly.

[quote name='y2jasper']since i got mine in from amazon today-

2. that is how the amazon packaging is, not sure about other stores. (i'm not sure if you were asking if amazon pakages like that or if other stores do)[/QUOTE]

Sorry to be a total bother, but could you do us one more favor? Could you post the barcode number on the back of the box you got (game). This is ultimately the way to know if you can buy and return.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Sorry to be a total bother, but could you do us one more favor? Could you post the barcode number on the back of the box you got (game). This is ultimately the way to know if you can buy and return.[/QUOTE]

sure. the box housing both the pokewalker and game case has the UPC 045496740634 (the game case inside has a NOT FOR RESALE where the upc normally would be, but i think all the copies would have this since they're supposed to be sold along with the pokewalker). and like i said before, the box doesn't have any sort of plastic wrap or anything, so if the ones in the stores are sealed, it would probably cause a problem if you tried to return this version.

just wondering, was it with your regular mail or does a truck come by with ONTRAC on the side and deliever it to u. do u need to sign for it? just curious cuz i got my regular mail but no package yet

[quote name='cecilvaliant']just wondering, was it with your regular mail or does a truck come by with ONTRAC on the side and deliever it to u. do u need to sign for it? just curious cuz i got my regular mail but no package yet[/QUOTE]

I haven't had to sign for packages delivered by Ontrac. They just drop it off at my front door. Actually it's kind of annoying because I live in an apartment and they SHOULD be leaving it with the front office if I'm not there.

[quote name='zohar']I haven't had to sign for packages delivered by Ontrac. They just drop it off at my front door. Actually it's kind of annoying because I live in an apartment and they SHOULD be leaving it with the front office if I'm not there.[/QUOTE]

Yikes. Someone will steal it. Apartments are dangerous.

Just for anyone wondering about how the B&M stores had it packaged. The outer box had no wrapping on it, but the actual game inside of it was sealed.

[quote name='y2jasper']sure. the box housing both the pokewalker and game case has the UPC 045496740634 (the game case inside has a NOT FOR RESALE where the upc normally would be, but i think all the copies would have this since they're supposed to be sold along with the pokewalker). and like i said before, the box doesn't have any sort of plastic wrap or anything, so if the ones in the stores are sealed, it would probably cause a problem if you tried to return this version.[/QUOTE]

I checked Target today and their copies didn't have plastic wrap.

I'll give Amazon the rest of the day to get it out. If it doesn't, I'll call tomorrow. And if it's not here by Thurs, I'm calling again. There is no reason why this should take so long to ship if others are getting it today and my GoW III has already shipped.

oh ok, well in that case i don't see any problem with buying it somewhere today and return the amazon copy. i just thought it would be weird for retailers to not have it sealed. but then again i'm sure they all are keeping this game behind security cases. otherwise it's time to go on a pokewalker stealing spree!! because you can never have too many pokewalkers!

[quote name='y2jasper']oh ok, well in that case i don't see any problem with buying it somewhere today and return the amazon copy. i just thought it would be weird for retailers to not have it sealed. but then again i'm sure they all are keeping this game behind security cases. otherwise it's time to go on a pokewalker stealing spree!! because you can never have too many pokewalkers![/QUOTE]

I laughed when you typed that. Not at you, but at the fact that Target has a large, unshielded shelf with around 40 of the game sitting right there.

Mine finally shipped from Amazon today. Sadly, where they usually come from a wharehouse in Phoenix locally, this came from across the country. If it was in Phoenix, the 2day shipping comes as 1day. This will hold true to 2day.

[quote name='icedrake523']My target had every game in one of those security locked containers.[/QUOTE]

How much did you pay? I want to pick up the game at Target. Every other store has it for $39.99, but their website is showing it as $34.99. The weekly flyer says $39, so I don't want to go over there and get screwed lol.

Mine still hasn't shipped from Amazon, and it is estimated to be here on the 17th. (I live near Phoenix as well.)

I bought SS at Target and it was $39.99.

Yeah I'm actually really dissapointed at how Amazon is handling these game. The nice and logical thing would have been to ship the games out on Friday.

Target explicitly says they will not match their own web site.

"Pricing for products on Target.com may vary from Target stores and from the Target Weekly Ad. We do not match the price of our online merchandise with the price offered by Target stores or another company, and Target stores do not match the price of our online merchandise."

My SS with figure finally shipped...

from New Castle DE... I live in CA...

I guess it's also a blessing in disguise considering I have 2 more finals left.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Yeah I'm actually really dissapointed at how Amazon is handling these game. The nice and logical thing would have been to ship the games out on Friday.[/QUOTE]
Or at least not be "Shipping soon" for an entire day.

My order finally shipped. Also from New Castle, DE but I live in NJ. There's a chance I could get it tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. I hope it at least comes during the day on Wed. Usually the UPS guy comes around 3-5pm.

[quote name='icedrake523']Or at least not be "Shipping soon" for an entire day.

My order finally shipped. Also from New Castle, DE but I live in NJ. There's a chance I could get it tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. I hope it at least comes during the day on Wed. Usually the UPS guy comes around 3-5pm.[/QUOTE]

again, I also live in New Jersey, they shipped MLB The Show from Kentucky the night before release and it was at my house that afternoon. Breathe.

[quote name='icedrake523']Or at least not be "Shipping soon" for an entire day.

My order finally shipped. Also from New Castle, DE but I live in NJ. There's a chance I could get it tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. I hope it at least comes during the day on Wed. Usually the UPS guy comes around 3-5pm.[/QUOTE]

Heh. I'm from NJ and my soul silver hasn't even shipped yet. Amazon says a shipping estimate of March 19th. What's even worse is I'm leaving on a trip to Canada on the 19th and will probably be leaving before the package arrives. I'm thinking of just picking up heart gold for the trip at some retail store... pretty disappointed with amazon shipping right now.

Yeah, they really botched shipping these. The storm might have knocked out their warehouses power, but that doesn't explain how they were still able to ship my guide last night and my GoW III earlier today.

ugh, so my SS said it was delievered today but i dont see a package and been at home all day. package said it was delievered at 6:18pm but i dont see anything. prob gonna check around outside or ask my neighbors. how is amazon's customer service on lost packages? wonder if i should call them tonight.

well, HG finally is pending to "shipping soon". hopefully it gets shipped out by tonight...

[quote name='SuperSonic128']My game finally changed to shipping soon. I guess they decided too ship it a day late to keep true to the 2 day shipping.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like our shipments on the same schedule. Just checked mine and it's also "shipping soon" :cool:

[quote name='cecilvaliant']ugh, so my SS said it was delievered today but i dont see a package and been at home all day. package said it was delievered at 6:18pm but i dont see anything. prob gonna check around outside or ask my neighbors. how is amazon's customer service on lost packages? wonder if i should call them tonight.

well, HG finally is pending to "shipping soon". hopefully it gets shipped out by tonight...[/QUOTE]

Did you check your mailbox? I remember frantically looking for my copy of Chrono Trigger outside my door but it turned out Amazon mailed it through USPS instead. :lol:

[quote name='Little Green Yoda']Sounds like our shipments on the same schedule. Just checked mine and it's also "shipping soon" :cool:

Did you check your mailbox? I remember frantically looking for my copy of Chrono Trigger outside my door but it turned out Amazon mailed it through USPS instead. :lol:[/QUOTE]

it doesnt make sense.

Amazon has always sent me my shipments through UPS. I am talking those fulfilled by Amazon or are sold by Amazon. For example, i just ordered a game fulfilled by amazon and two books from amazon themselves. i am expecting the UPS man at my door wednesday.
Yep, just checked my amazon orders. one is coming from indiana, the other is coming from Philadelphia by UPS.

I received the USPS orders when i bought from third party sellers. Those sellers who want you to pay 3.99. Some of them have given me tracking information, some of them have not.
Perhaps you bought that game through a third party seller in amazon.

Also to the person who may have lost his Soul Silver package, all shipments made by UPS have to be signed by somebody. If someone grabbed it, he signature will be there, or at least the last name. Amazon can not do much i think. They will probably tell you to call UPS to do an investigation. i am not sure of course.
So you can start from the signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back