Pokemon HeartGold Version - $28.54 on Amazon

yarkitty123

CAGiversary!
Every now and then - think: once a week or so - Amazon slashes the price on SoulSilver and HeartGold (SoulSilver is occasionally $26.50, which is a great deal considering you'd be hard-pressed to find it anywhere for less than $35 or $39 - and sometimes HeartGold is on sale for $28).

This deal never lasts long. I think about a day later SoulSilver went back to $39.99, so this is probably the cheapest you are going to see the game for awhile. I mean, heck, you can't even get the game used for less than $30 (+shipping), and FYI, if you want SoulSilver then I highly recommend checking back every now and then because they tend to slash/unslash both games ad nauseam ($26 being the cheapest).

Its based on Walmarts inventory. When they sell out, its $35+. When Walmart has it, its whatever walmart charges.

Didn't bother getting SoulSilver when it was $26 (and now I'm kind of kicking myself because I wanted to play the game like... yesterday) because I got sidetracked by Zelda: Spirit Tracks on sale for $18, but I'm sure Amazon will price-slash it again soon.

Also, Amazon just lowered the price of SoulSilver from $39.99 to $39.75. MAJOR SCORE!!! :lol:

Shit, if I still had my copy of Pokemon Crystal I probably wouldn't have even made this thread. I clocked in over 999 hours in that game, so imagine my face when I found out the clock just frigg'n resets afterwards - no more "look at how much time I've played this game!" because after my clock hovered around a few hours and people saw my Pokemon, they generally just said I'm a "cheater" and used a GameShark. :lol:

Anyway, if you trade in HG you can get a $26 Amazon gift card. So if anyone here really wants this, rest assured, you can pretty much just get your money back once you beat it and/or get bored (which shouldn't happen - you have seen that new "Pokewalker" thing haven't you?).

[quote name='iGen'][Deal]Used copies of Pokémon Crystal are just $9.50 on eBay[/Deal][/QUOTE]
Except that's not a deal.

The GBC Pokemon games, Gold, Silver, Crystal, all had a clock due to the day/night mechanic. This clock ran on real time and drained the battery faster than a regular GB/C games. As a result, many are dead today. You can probably save but it won't last long. Not to mention Pokemon games are the most counterfeited games in existence.

[quote name='icedrake523']Except that's not a deal.

The GBC Pokemon games, Gold, Silver, Crystal, all had a clock due to the day/night mechanic. This clock ran on real time and drained the battery faster than a regular GB/C games. As a result, many are dead today. You can probably save but it won't last long. Not to mention Pokemon games are the most counterfeited games in existence.[/QUOTE]
There's a way to open the cartridge up and replace the battery in it, but it sounds too complicated for me. :p

Wow, i just ordered HeartGold from Walmart yesterday, and its processing with no option to cancel. Is there a way I can cancel the order, or return it to a store when it arrives?

[quote name='Masterkyo']i may bite it for $19.99 :)[/QUOTE]

Good luck.

[quote name='PrototypeM']This deal came too late for me. I got mine for $20 two days ago at GameStop.[/QUOTE]

*Bites tongue* If you don't mind me asking, how?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']There's a way to open the cartridge up and replace the battery in it, but it sounds too complicated for me. :p[/QUOTE]

That requires buying a battery and screwdriver to open it. It's just better and convenient to buy these new versions. The games themselves are much, much better than the GBC ones. Anyone who says otherwise is blinded by nostalgia.

[quote name='yarkitty123']http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-HeartGold-Version-Nintendo-DS/dp/B0038MVFYC/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_b

HeartGold is $34.54 now, but like I said keep checking back every now and then and you are bound to see another price-slash.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

Yep back to 34.54 now, id like to wait and see it at $20 before i'll buy.

I've been waiting for this game to be a lower price. This is good, I just hope they don't go any lower after I order one. I'd be regretting, I do that all the time..
o.gif
o.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they lower the game back down every day or 2. So I'll hopefully still be able to grab this :) I got a huge GC Balance.

bread's done
Back