Pokemon HeartGold Version DS $19.99 at Best Buy

I wonder if this is a mistake, as Pokemon games are rarely if ever on sale, and Soul Silver is still $40 on their site. That being said, I'm definitely in for one.

Is it safe to assume this one comes with the Pokewalker, seeing as it's visible on the corner of the box art on the site, or were those bundles discontinued some time ago?

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Worth it If I already have Pearl?[/QUOTE]

It's worth it if you have a DS. Heck, it's almost worth it at $20 even if you DON'T have a DS.

[quote name='Kitoro']Is it safe to assume this one comes with the Pokewalker, seeing as it's visible on the corner of the box art on the site, or were those bundles discontinued some time ago?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It comes with the Pokewalker.
No mistake. The Best Buy had quite a few in stock, probably for this sale.

My kids are playing with it already.
With $10 reward zone certificate I had, this turned out to be a great deal for my kids.

Not a mistake, after seeing this thread I saw it listed in the weekly sales ads at the top of the forums. It is weird that SS isn't on sale, but I think they have more of HG in stock. From what I recall, SS has had better sales, similar to how Diamond sold more than Pearl because I guess most boys think Pearls are more girlish, so something with Heart in the title sales worse than Soul. Either way, I've been looking for a pedometer and this is perfect, especially since I still have my $10 RZ coupon.

Thanks OP, despite possibly being a repost.

Not to threadcrap, but I believe this is in the BB ad thread. Even if it isn't, it is in the Sunday ad. No Soul Silver in the ad, curiously.

I saw this thread like 10 minutes after leaving a Best Buy. :bomb: But I ordered it online since it has free shipping. Good find Op, I haven't played a Pokemon game in at least 2 years.

SS sold more, and therefore doesn't need to be on sale to move units. HG on the other hand didn't sell as well, and therefore places are putting it on sale in order to move stock.

Go figure though that I decided to get HG instead of SS from Amazon during their BF Lightning Deal. Hell, coulda got both but didn't.

[quote name='deftoast']Thank for posting the deal...
I'm a giant nintendo fan, but this will be my first pokemon game. :)[/QUOTE]

FIRST?! aahhh! almost blasphemy!

23 years old and I'm still looking forward to playing pokemon games...i just wish that the "newest" one (pearl, diamond, whatever other gem) had included all the other worlds...just seemed too short for me :( just don't wanna bother with those mystery dungeon crap games...i want moreee of what's been working.

hell...i remember playing the "original silver" when it was on gb color, and stalking info on the game, even going as far as downloading an emulator and the japanese version of it. that only lasted so long since i had no idea to what they were saying, or what i'd have had to do.

just sad no silver...:( only want that one cause that's what I had originally. same thing if they ever redo blue, red, and yellow...I'd get blue without even thinking twice, even though charizard was always my guy.

[quote name='ComfortablyNumb']anyone know if the pokewalker can be used with black/white? I wouldnt mind picking up another game for the pokewalker alone.[/QUOTE]

From what I have read, the PokéWalker does NOT work with Black & White. :cold:

I'm torn, because I can't justify almost sixty bucks buying two Pokemon games so close together...but this one is the one I played as a lad. Also, the new pokemon look dumb.

And pk24, you do realize they already remade Red and Blue, yeah?

I don't much about Pokemon other than the obvious that Nintendo owns the franchise, who Pikachu is, people go nuts over it, & it's an RPG.

That being said, gameplay wise are all Pokemon games pretty much the same structure in gameplay?

I'm thinking of picking up one of the Pokemon games for the DS & was wondering what everyone's recommendations are.

[quote name='sharingan501']The best Pokemon game to get would be heart gold, soul silver, or platinum trust me.;)[/QUOTE]

Isn't every Pokemon game just the same just w/ more Pokemon added?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I'm torn, because I can't justify almost sixty bucks buying two Pokemon games so close together...but this one is the one I played as a lad. Also, the new pokemon look dumb. [/QUOTE]

If you're into collecting event Pokemon, and you don't already have Pearl/Diamond/Platinum, you can use HG to obtain the following shiny legends and Ash's Pikachu in Jan and Feb: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282857

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Shiiit.

Buy this now, and relive my nostalgia, or wait for White/Black and pay more for a new experience?

Decisions.[/QUOTE]

Buy gold! The best Pokemon game ever IMO

Well with all the positve recommendations here, I went ahead and picked this up today. I have never played a Pokemon game, so I hope I like it. If not , I'm sure one of my many nephews/nieces will like it.

Saw a bunch of copies of HG when i went to Best Buy today. Was almost going to buy it and then saw they advertise it for 40 but when you go to register to scan its 19.99. I think i might pick this up later to go along with my SS :D

bread's done
Back