Pokemon Questions

The_Continental

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
So,

I've never played a Pokemon game ever. I was already an adult by the time the craze hit, and I just never had the slightest bit of interest in the franchise.

Lately though, I've gotten pretty hard up to play an RPG on my Cube, and I understand that Pokemon Colussium is an RPG...

1. Would this game be accessible to a non-Pokemon fan?

2. Could I understand the storyline, or would I have had to "be there from the beginning?"

3. Is it possible to enjoy Pokemon if you're older than 12?

Thanks in advance for all your input.

I find the Game Boy games enjoyable, and the console games abhorable. I'm 17, and I was about 10 when the Pokemon craze hit, so I've kinda come into age with them. So, to answer your questions:

1. Yes, though you might not find it that engaging
2. You could understand the storyline, if you didn't fall asleep
3. Yes, it is possible, just not the one on GCN.

1. Yes.
2. You would be able to get the storyline. It's simple enough and similar in most of the games.
3. Yes, believe it or not. My mother love playing pokemon more than me (she's in her 40s... I'm in 20s)

I do like the pokemon games but Colessium just didn't interest me. Mainly because you couldn't catch any pokemon you wanted. You could only catch the "shadow pokemon". Personally I'd hold off for the next pokemon RPG that they've been talking about putting out later.

P.C. reminded me more of an expansion pack.
Its basically a way to get Gold/Silver/Crystal pokemon into the later GBA games.

Its worth a rental first to see if you like it, but the GBA games have more depth to them.

The only thing about the story that you need to know is that pokemon are loose and he captures them in a ball. I haven't heard much on pokemon coliseum. I still play Pokemon the card game on GBC/GBA/etc a lot.. and Pokemon pinball.. but as far as RPG's go, you'd probably be best either waiting or picking up another RPG.

bread's done
Back