Pokemon White 2 $17.96 at Walmart.com with free in store pickup

Picked one up.  After trading this in so much to GS when it was on their trade 2 list, I wonder if this will finally be the one that I keep to play. Thanks for posting OP.

This is so weird--my brother was hankering for this specific version just the other day. Hopefully Amazon gets some more in soon. Thanks, OP!

Can't order from Amazon anymore. Got two from Walmart, though.

after tax its $20?!

How did you guys profit for trading the game to GS?.
Every little bit counts, it would seem. Not to mention, since Amazon doesn't have it anymore, you'd be paying cash for it at Walmart. Unless you can price match at Best Buy or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
if i've never played a pokemon game and just got a 3dsxl... is this a good/cheap place to start, or is there a better/cheaper place?

if i've never played a pokemon game and just got a 3dsxl... is this a good/cheap place to start, or is there a better/cheaper place?
This is a sequel to Black/White, so no, not a good place to start. I'd play in order. Generation 1, then 2, then 3, and so on.

fuck it, bought it for $19.04 at Walmart. What are the odds of finding this game cheaper and brand new in the future? Also, when is it going to be better to pick this up at Walmart, before Christmas or after Christmas? :whistle2:k

Thanks OP!

I see on camelcamelcamel that it was $14.99 in February. How the heck did I miss that? I guess I must have ignored it because I didn't have a DS then.

This is a sequel to Black/White, so no, not a good place to start. I'd play in order. Generation 1, then 2, then 3, and so on.
In my backlog I have Pokemon White 1, now White 2, and I also just got Pokemon Y. Where do you recommend I start? Story-wise, will I miss out on anything by starting with Y and then backtracking to White 1 and 2 (I know this is going to take a LONG time).

In my backlog I have Pokemon White 1, now White 2, and I also just got Pokemon Y. Where do you recommend I start? Story-wise, will I miss out on anything by starting with Y and then backtracking to White 1 and 2 (I know this is going to take a LONG time).
No, it's fine to play Y first. Just play W before W2. That's the only time when the order matters so far. I'd recommend White and White 2 first since I heard that Gen 6 is a complete cluster. The stuff with the new mega evolutions can't go any way but bad, in my opinion.

So I just called Best Buy to price match Pokemon White Version 2 and I must say it was a pretty painful experience. The CSR was very polite but kept throwing all sorts of reasons at me for why the item can't be price matched. I was first told that the item has to have the same SKU in order to qualify for price matching, but Walmart.com goes by model number and not an SKU system. I explained that it won't be able to match since it is two different systems that are being used to track these products. I was then told that I can only price match select qualifying products, to which I quickly stated that it has the "Low Price Guarantee" logo in the product page so according to their policy it is a qualifying item. I was then told that that Best Buy only price matches Walmart the store, and not the website. I countered with the "Low Price Guarantee" policy that clearly states that Best Buy price matches both in-store and online retailers for products marked with the Low Price Guarantee, and that it specifically mentioned Walmart.com as one of the online major retailers. I was then informed that the Best Buy policy states that you can only price match Walmart.com from a Best Buy store and not over the phone. I told the CSR that after reviewing the Low Price Guarantee policy I was unable to find any mention of that. I even stated that I had price matched Walmart.com over the phone previously, and that this is the first time I heard any such policy about only being able to pricematch the website from a store. I was then told that they still couldn't price match Walmart.com even if they wanted to because it states that it is a online only price. I quickly opened the Walmart product page and it stated "online", but not "online only". I also made sure to mention that I am able to checkout using in-store pickup if that counts for anything. The CSR was very patient with me, as she had already been told by her supervisor that she can't price match the item for me. But I kept pushing the issue using their policy which specifically states that we can price match identical items marked with the "Low Price Guarantee" from online retailors such as Walmart.com. The CSR kept putting me on hold and talking to her supervisor, who eventually approved the price match as an "exception".

I am still confused as to where the policy came from that we can only price match Walmart.com if we are at an actual Best Buy store. Has anyone else ever been told that they don't price match Walmart.com, and if they do it's only from a physical Best Buy store location? I didn't think it was going to be such an issue getting this item price matched over the phone, as I've never had any issues price matching Walmart.com over the phone before. I even asked if this was some sort of new policy as I can find no reference to it, but I was told that this policy has "always been in existence". I think I am just gonna go back to my old system which is buy the item and then have post-purchase support give me a price adjustment, as getting a price match while ordering over the phone is just brutal.

^ I would have hung up and call back for another rep. She clearly did not want to give you the PM.

I PM at the BB store, no problem

How should I go about pricematching at Bestbuy?  Last time I took it to the register, asked for a price match, and they insisted that they don't price match online items for a good 10 minutes.

How should I go about pricematching at Bestbuy? Last time I took it to the register, asked for a price match, and they insisted that they don't price match online items for a good 10 minutes.
Print out Best Buy's Low Price Guarantee (which clearly states that they match certain online retailers) or bring it up on your smartphone and show it to the cashier when going for the price-match.

Print out Best Buy's Low Price Guarantee (which clearly states that they match certain online retailers) or bring it up on your smartphone and show it to the cashier when going for the price-match.
Thanks, will try that. I can't imagine how they could say no with that page.

^ the price is also instore. Tell them the online reflect the store price. LOL Stupid BB trying to sell you at the low price is all. Try again and be more persistent.

Ordered hours ago and still not available for instore pick up even though they have 10+ in the glass case. I know they are separate but please ...

Anyways thanx OP.

Cashier at Bestbuy was such a pro, took the printout and just rung me up.  Thank god some guy jumped in front of me as I got on the line...he ended up with the cashier who gave me issues last time.

So I just called Best Buy to price match Pokemon White Version 2 and I must say it was a pretty painful experience. The CSR was very polite but kept throwing all sorts of reasons at me for why the item can't be price matched. I was first told that the item has to have the same SKU in order to qualify for price matching, but Walmart.com goes by model number and not an SKU system. I explained that it won't be able to match since it is two different systems that are being used to track these products. I was then told that I can only price match select qualifying products, to which I quickly stated that it has the "Low Price Guarantee" logo in the product page so according to their policy it is a qualifying item. I was then told that that Best Buy only price matches Walmart the store, and not the website. I countered with the "Low Price Guarantee" policy that clearly states that Best Buy price matches both in-store and online retailers for products marked with the Low Price Guarantee, and that it specifically mentioned Walmart.com as one of the online major retailers. I was then informed that the Best Buy policy states that you can only price match Walmart.com from a Best Buy store and not over the phone. I told the CSR that after reviewing the Low Price Guarantee policy I was unable to find any mention of that. I even stated that I had price matched Walmart.com over the phone previously, and that this is the first time I heard any such policy about only being able to pricematch the website from a store. I was then told that they still couldn't price match Walmart.com even if they wanted to because it states that it is a online only price. I quickly opened the Walmart product page and it stated "online", but not "online only". I also made sure to mention that I am able to checkout using in-store pickup if that counts for anything. The CSR was very patient with me, as she had already been told by her supervisor that she can't price match the item for me. But I kept pushing the issue using their policy which specifically states that we can price match identical items marked with the "Low Price Guarantee" from online retailors such as Walmart.com. The CSR kept putting me on hold and talking to her supervisor, who eventually approved the price match as an "exception".

I am still confused as to where the policy came from that we can only price match Walmart.com if we are at an actual Best Buy store. Has anyone else ever been told that they don't price match Walmart.com, and if they do it's only from a physical Best Buy store location? I didn't think it was going to be such an issue getting this item price matched over the phone, as I've never had any issues price matching Walmart.com over the phone before. I even asked if this was some sort of new policy as I can find no reference to it, but I was told that this policy has "always been in existence". I think I am just gonna go back to my old system which is buy the item and then have post-purchase support give me a price adjustment, as getting a price match while ordering over the phone is just brutal.
Because Best Buy says "fuck You", that's why.

"Store Pickup — Free

Ready for pickup starting 12/30

This item will not be ready for pickup
before Christmas."

Umm, what? But they're in stock... If it takes that long to pull it out of the case, I might as well just go to Best Buy. >_>

bread's done
Back