Pokemon X and Y Announced!

Pre-order bonuses that are so far exclusive to the Pokemon Centers in Japan:

20130814_215231_thumb.jpg

Pre-order Pokémon X and you’ll get exclusive clear file folders, including one with an image of Xerneas. Additionally, the game will also come with a mini-Xerneas figurine.
20130814_215341_thumb.jpg

Pokémon Y pre-orders will also come with exclusive clear file folders featuring different artwork. It also includes a mini-Yveltal figurine.
And then if you pre-order both X & Y you get this:

20130814_215539_thumb.jpg

Future Pokémon Masters who would like to have best of both worlds can pre-order both versions and get an exclusive Pokémon X and Y A4-sized “World Art” book. According to the Pokémon Company, the art book will be filled with plenty of exclusive features and artwork, including a cover image that was designed by Game Freak specifically for this limited edition item. The special pre-order for both versions will also come with a CD featuring three tracks from Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.
And then here's an actual video of all this being announced:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzklYsrDnvk

Thanks to Siliconera for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping there is some kind of bonus for ordering both X Y here is NA.  I have both preordered but likely cancel one and save for possible holiday  unless there is some incentive to keep both.

We'll probably only get the figures. I'm cool with that, but I would like to see something for those of us that are getting both games. 

If so, get there as soon as the doors open. Otherwise they will give away any pre-order bonuses to whoever buys the game regardless if they pre-ordered or not.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_X_and_Y_demo_unveils_title_screen%2C_various_game_elements

New info from the Japanese demo.

- Fire-types are resistant to Fairy-types.
- MegaEvolutions are a separate button and does not waste a turn.
- Running is default, Walking is optional.
- Rhyhorn is rideable.
- Players can kneel down to talk to Pokemon.
- The Pokemon X and Y print Pokedex is 800 pages long.

Also: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pocket_Monsters:_The_Origin_anime_special_to_air_Oct._2

Pocket Monsters: The Origin is a special that will air before the X and Y anime premiere and will be very close to the original Red and Blue games. Red has his Gen III look, all the characters have similar faces to the original Sugimori designs, and will be very game-accurate, as it shows Red's battle against Brock with their Pokemon only knowing basic attacks like Scratch and Tackle instead of Flamethrower or Dig.

No preorder bonuses have been announced for any US retailer.
Gamestop is offering a 2-sided poster with pre-order. I myself just got the email for it today.

But even though the email specifically says you get the poster on release day, I've already seen pics of people showing that they have the poster. So as with most Gamestop bonuses, it's first come first serve/who knows.

And I just happened to be checking out the GS website and came across this:

710x330_pkmn_timeline2.jpg

ah, i see there is also 3 free pokemon in store too.

hmmm, i may have to switch from amazon to gamestop... not sure if a timeline print is enough.

The 3 Pokemon, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, are only for the Gen V games. They are wireless downloadables available one each week.

Went to the GS by my work to get the DLC, but couldn't because the DS that does the distribution was stolen. 

This is the same GS that has the annoying constant msg saying how they are recording everything for your safety. Guess the theft deterrence doesn't really work. 

Lol, it was just on the Nintendo Direct. Give it a couple of hours and the news sites will be filled with the same info.

Also, they come out on September 27th.

Well, I believe Amazon still doesn't supply Nintendo consoles. But even if, I doubt they'll have preorders for this anywhere.

Well, I believe Amazon still doesn't supply Nintendo consoles. But even if, I doubt they'll have preorders for this anywhere.

Oh so a first come first serve

Could you preorder the pikachu one at target?

Nope, they actually are red and blue and both look like the one on the left side of that picture.

And nope, you couldn't. I went to my Target at 8:15am on release day and got the last one. They only had gotten two of them.

Lol, it was just on the Nintendo Direct. Give it a couple of hours and the news sites will be filled with the same info.

Also, they come out on September 27th.

Why would they come out BEFORE x and y?

Unfortunately, I'm not a Nintendo executive, so I couldn't tell you. Just reporting what I saw on the Nintendo Direct.

Can you link me to the Nintendo direct page oh pretty please

Are the games even installed on them? Or is it just the console by itself.

Either way, definitely in for the red one. Doubt I'll have enough for both, though it doesnt annoy me since they are the same design, just different colors

Thought that would be the case, would have been cool though.

Just wondering if these will end up being as rare as the Pikachu and Animal Crossing ones, or if they will be printing more this time around.

I bet these wont be as rare. But who even knows. I personally feel they look a little boring so I will be sitting them out, especially with the Zelda Wii U coming out.

Would be awesome if they coincided with deals like the Pikachu one did. Hope they arent exclusive to just one place though, I'd prefer to order at Best Buy if I could.

Would be awesome if they coincided with deals like the Pikachu one did. Hope they arent exclusive to just one place though, I'd prefer to order at Best Buy if I could.
since bestbuy is taking orders for the wind walker wii-u bundle, there is a good chance they might have this. I would just preorder at gamestop, to be safe.

The bundle is going to be $199.

More info about X & Y was also released. Like how you're going to get pick between two sets of starter Pokemon. While having the option to pick a Chespin, Fennekin or Froakie from a friend in the game. The new Pokémon Professor will also offer you the choice of a Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

Charizard, Blastoise, and Venasaur all have new Mega Evolutions as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blhaSxUJ-OU

So, Charizard becomes more Dragon-like, Venusaur gets an extra flower, and Blastoise goes absolutely overkill. Nice to see my favorite Pokemon ever gets the better evolution.

So, Charizard becomes more Dragon-like, Venusaur gets an extra flower, and Blastoise goes absolutely overkill. Nice to see my favorite Pokemon ever gets the better evolution.
You call that overkill? I went in expecting Blastoise to end up like Heavyarms Custom. Instead, he just turned into a tank.

Oh man Blastoise looks cool haha. I'll be going with the original starters, they've always been my favorite =P. 

edit: you get the kanto starters later on. even better =D

The second evo for starters has been shown.. I'm liking the frog and fox ones.. chespin is bit odd, but who knows maybe third evo be better.

Some thinking oh no the fire is bipedal= fighter, but this one looks like it could be fire/psychic at third evo..

It looks more mystical like the stick in tail could be a wand? I dunno. I'm going for the fox or frog..

Fox on Y version and frog for X version. hehe

Now that I seen the second evos I'm happy so far just know about mewtwo thing, eevee and starters. I'll stay off pokemon sites now.

Not sure how I feel about a second MegaEvolution for Mewtwo.

Though I can see Freeze Skin being a sought-after ability. Turning a fully powered up Return into an Ice-type attack? Awesome!

And a Dragon Fossil Pokemon? Cool.

EDIT: Some typing news:

Offensively, Fairy type is strong against Fighting, Dark and Dragon; and not very effective against Steel, Poison and Fire. Defensively, Fairy is weak to Poison and Steel; resists Bug, Fighting and Dark; and is immune to Dragon.

Also, Steel no longer resists Dark- and Ghost-type moves.

Some of these new pokemon look pretty cool. I can't wait to see Chespin's final evolution. He pretty much just got fat in his first evolution haha.

bread's done
Back