Pokemon X and Y Announced!

I'm gonna toss my Fennekin into Daycare with my Ditto soon if you don't get one from someone else at some point.
Thanks for the offer, but I got my Fennekin. I have a couple volt pikachus with pokerus infection on them if you want. Do you have any of the other starters in female?

If not, no worries i can still trade you the pokerus pokemon cause why the hell not?! SHARING IS CARING.

Thanks for the offer, but I got my Fennekin. I have a couple volt pikachus with pokerus infection on them if you want. Do you have any of the other starters in female?

If not, no worries i can still trade you the pokerus pokemon cause why the hell not?! SHARING IS CARING.
Not yet. I just hatched a female Fennekin but I'm probably adding her to my team. But basically all I am doing right now is breeding Tyrunts, Amauras, Fennekins, Chespins, and Froakies for friends so if one pops up I'll let you know.

Got my Elite four team picked out. Disappointed I have to bench Vivillon, but he doesn't offer me any utility for these upcoming battles. Replaced him with a Goodra. Hope it's good.

Got the hardcover guide from BB (Pm'ed to Amazon). Its small, not pocketbook small but smaller than a sheet of paper.

I think im getting burned out on the game.  I started out trying to capture everything but now that im 40 hours in and only on the 6th gym I find myself wanting to speed through any new grassy areas without capturing anything. 

Haha, I'm 40 hours in and only just got my second badge. I'm finding my play style way more methodical this time around. I must have all of the things.

Beat the 8th gym and on my way through Victory Road. I decided to make Noivern my final Pokemon. Already powered his ass to level 60. Ten more levels to go before he catches up to just about everyone else on my team. 

Haha, I'm 40 hours in and only just got my second badge. I'm finding my play style way more methodical this time around. I must have all of the things.
Yup was 25 hours in and only just now finished the second badge.

Between breeding, hunting for pokes, battling online, trading...this is the most immersive and complete pokemon experience to date! Not to mention dressing up your avatar!

Does anyone have a female squirtle for trade or even borrow so I can breed myown female squirtle? Willing to trade a pokemon infected with pokerus (so you can infect your team,) which boosts the stats of an infected pokemon...rarer than a shiney pokemon etc. Also have some female chespins infected with pokerus!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup was 25 hours in and only just now finished the second badge.

Between breeding, hunting for pokes, battling online, trading...this is the most immersive and complete pokemon experience to date! Not to mention dressing up your avatar!

Does anyone have a female squirtle for trade or even borrow so I can breed myown female squirtle? Willing to trade a pokemon infected with pokerus (so you can infect your team,) which boosts the stats of an infected pokemon...rarer than a shiney pokemon etc. Also have some female chespins infected with pokerus!
I have a female Wartortle that I picked up in Wonder Trade. I may not get a chance until tomorrow, but I can see if I can breed an egg or something for you.

As for a return, you wouldn't happen to have either an infected fossil pokemon (doesn't matter which of the two) or Bulbasaur or Froakie, would you?

4639-8952-1912 is my friend code if anyone wants to add me.  Just drop me a PM or something if you do.  I'm trying to breed some Bulbasaur's now so I can get some of the other starters.

Anyone have any tips as far as replacing old moves with new ones?  I mean I know how to read the descriptions, but as a rule are the newer moves usually better?  Does it really matter since I have other ways to change moves?  Any info is appreciated.

Does the GTS actually work for you guys?  Every time I find someone that wants something reasonable for a bred starter the thing "communication errors" on me.

Does the GTS actually work for you guys? Every time I find someone that wants something reasonable for a bred starter the thing "communication errors" on me.
That happened to me once, but its worked every other time. I'm thinking they just have some unstable servers.

Yeah there are sooo many Pokemon in the wild. I decided not to try and catch them all in my first run through the grassy areas. I just catch as many as I can before I get bored of an area, then move on. Still have about 150 caught on my pokedex. Went back to the daycare area to breed some more eevee's and caught another couple pokemon I hadn't seen before.

Now it's time to face the elite four. Might be underleveled for the first time in this game. Highest leveled Pokemon is at 62, with Goodra at level 50. Decided to turn exp. share off after the 7th badge to keep my levels down some.

As for GTS, if it's a reasonable trade and it isn't in the first 5 trades listed, the pokemon has probably already been traded for.

I have a female Wartortle that I picked up in Wonder Trade. I may not get a chance until tomorrow, but I can see if I can breed an egg or something for you.

As for a return, you wouldn't happen to have either an infected fossil pokemon (doesn't matter which of the two) or Bulbasaur or Froakie, would you?
Nah I dont, but once you get an infected pokemon, you can infect your other pokes. The infection only lasts one day (different that the previous gens length.)

for example, to infect a party of six that you are normally carrying around, takes maybe a fight or two to get them all infected. Once they are infected you can then keep them in the pokebank and keep infecting them for as long as you want.

If you want, I can just breed it till I get a female egg, shouldn't take more than a day tbh, and I could return the wartortle to you asap and cut you the work of waiting for it to hatch.

4124-5164-1087 add me!

I bred 12 freakin' Squirtles and no females. I also bred 10 Bulbasaurs - starting with a female - and ended up with all males. I do, however, have three female Fennekins, I think one or two female Froakies, and two female Chespins.

This is what I've been doing lately.

I bred 12 freakin' Squirtles and no females. I also bred 10 Bulbasaurs - starting with a female - and ended up with all males. I do, however, have three female Fennekins, I think one or two female Froakies, and two female Chespins.

would you be interested in trading a chespin or bulbasaur ?

Gonna start breeding tomorrow. Got a ditto from GTS, I can get charmander, fennekin, froakie, squirtle, and tyrunt eggs. Going to try to get Chespin/Bulbasaur/other fossil pokemon through GTS tomorrow so I can start churning eggs out.

Been checking out the friend safari. Cool that I can still use friends who don't own the game. Apparently the third pokemon is unlocked for each safari once they beats the elite 4. I hear the IV's are good on these pokemon,combined with ev's and the easy access to battles I might actually give online battles a real shot this gen.

I would like to get a squirtle, bulb, and chespin if you are still giving them out.

Nintendo released a map on where not to save in Lumiose City. Nintendo says don't save in the blue area, which is pretty much north and south blvd, saving inside a building is okay. They'll be releasing a fix asap. If you got unlucky and got the bug, the fix should be able to save your file.

map.png

I need a Bulbasaur and Chespin if anyone is getting eggs. I'm working on getting eggs from Fennekin and Froakie soon myself.

I need a Bulbasaur and Chespin if anyone is getting eggs. I'm working on getting eggs from Fennekin and Froakie soon myself.
I was able to hatch a Chespin and Squirtle from my roster. I'd be down to trade starters. I tried GTS last night and while I can deposit and seek other Pokemon, when I initiate a trade, I get the communication error and have to shut down my game.

haha thx i would gladly appreciate it. friend code = 4511-1367-0668

Edit - everyone feel free to add for trades/battles/ friends whatever
4124-5164-1087 add me!
4639-8952-1912 is my friend code if anyone wants to add me.
If anyone is breeding starters and wants to hook me up or just add me for the safari thing:

4957-2821-9713
1005-9002-5481

Let's get each other hooked up!
Adding you, please add me! 0602-6361-6932

Hatched my first egg, a male Froakie. Now I wish I had waited for a female Charmander. I read you could use Ditto to get the male's species so I thought why waste time resetting for a female Charmander? Didn't realize you don't get Ditto until much later in the game...

Have a few extra pokemon for wonder trade bait, hoping to get a Ditto out of it at some point.

I've got a couple of Eevees to start breeding for the various evolutions.

Realized I never posted my friend code, so feel free to add that. - 3909-8060-3036

Nah I dont, but once you get an infected pokemon, you can infect your other pokes. The infection only lasts one day (different that the previous gens length.)

for example, to infect a party of six that you are normally carrying around, takes maybe a fight or two to get them all infected. Once they are infected you can then keep them in the pokebank and keep infecting them for as long as you want.

If you want, I can just breed it till I get a female egg, shouldn't take more than a day tbh, and I could return the wartortle to you asap and cut you the work of waiting for it to hatch.

4124-5164-1087 add me!
I've already hatched a brand new Squirtle. It is male however which I'm not sure if that matters to you or not.

How does one go about raising a Pokemon's happiness?  I've googled a bit and found out that some berries and vitamins raise happiness, but I don't know where to find any yet (I'm only two badges into the game).

Gotta raise my Budew's happiness in order for it to evolve.  It's too pissed off to evolve right now, I guess.

How does one go about raising a Pokemon's happiness? I've googled a bit and found out that some berries and vitamins raise happiness, but I don't know where to find any yet (I'm only two badges into the game).

Gotta raise my Budew's happiness in order for it to evolve. It's too pissed off to evolve right now, I guess.
'

Pet hem. Play with them.

I was able to hatch a Chespin and Squirtle from my roster. I'd be down to trade starters. I tried GTS last night and while I can deposit and seek other Pokemon, when I initiate a trade, I get the communication error and have to shut down my game.
Yeah it does the same thing to me. I deposited a couple Claunchers and got the starters I wanted super fast, but I can never do the trades the other way.

I'm adding everyone who posts their FC for the Safari, here's mine again: 4957-2821-9713

Edit: I just caught a shiny Staryu :D

Does anyone want to help out with the friend safari? If so add me 5300-8564-6365. I'll add the ones that have already been posted.

Does anyone want to help out with the friend safari? If so add me 5300-8564-6365. I'll add the ones that have already been posted.
added you and everyone else in that large post.

edit: my fc is [SIZE=12pt]1091-7990-3911[/SIZE]

Okay, so, as someone who hasn't done much with Pokemon in a long ass time... can someone explain the Pokemon Virus thing to me?

Okay, so, as someone who hasn't done much with Pokemon in a long ass time... can someone explain the Pokemon Virus thing to me?
I believe it increases the amount of effort value your Pokemon gets from killing wild Pokemon. You can spread it around to your party in battle and also ones in your PC (maybe).

It's also extremely rare (unless Nintendo upped the percentages, which is kinda Fridge Brilliance when you consider Europe's history with viruses...)

How does one go about raising a Pokemon's happiness? I've googled a bit and found out that some berries and vitamins raise happiness, but I don't know where to find any yet (I'm only two badges into the game).

Gotta raise my Budew's happiness in order for it to evolve. It's too pissed off to evolve right now, I guess.
The Luxury Ball gives a large Happiness boost right at the start. Massages (I believe there is a lady in the small town right before the Daycare who does Beginning Massages) increase happiness as well. The more standard ways are just walking around, giving it the Held Item Soothe Bell, battling with it, and leveling it up. Typically the earliest evolutions will be late teens to mid-20's.

'

Pet hem. Play with them.

It's also extremely rare (unless Nintendo upped the percentages, which is kinda Fridge Brilliance when you consider Europe's history with viruses...)

The Luxury Ball gives a large Happiness boost right at the start. Massages (I believe there is a lady in the small town right before the Daycare who does Beginning Massages) increase happiness as well. The more standard ways are just walking around, giving it the Held Item Soothe Bell, battling with it, and leveling it up. Typically the earliest evolutions will be late teens to mid-20's.
Awesome, thank you both.

bread's done
Back