Pokemon X and Y Announced!

Blaarrrgh.  Got to Zygarde and for some reason the lower his health went the less my ultra balls worked.  Even tried putting him to sleep and that didn't work.  I hit run away thinking i could back out and try again but of course he was gone.  I really should have saved before fighting him because my save was before I even went into the cave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone in here happen to have a Sandshrew or Mareep floating around? They've got some of my favorite lines and I just can't track 'em down. Can pass on starter eggs or infect someone with Pokerus for 'em.

Not trying to clog the thread, just seemed worth asking.

Anyone in here happen to have a Sandshrew or Mareep floating around? They've got some of my favorite lines and I just can't track 'em down. Can pass on starter eggs or infect someone with Pokerus for 'em.

I actually just landed a Mareep earlier today thanks to a horde. No sandslash however.

I feel so behind the rest of you. I'm 13 hours in and haven't reached the second gym yet ^^;

Every time I try to get a Bulbasaur on GTS, the trade ends up being expired by the time I click through. At least I was able to offer up my one bred Froakie for a Ditto. Gonna have to wait until later before breeding again since my mains are still under level 30 and I don't want them to level in daycare and screw up their movesets.

My fc is 4124-5102-6615. I'll go back a few pages and add everyone. Probably already have some of you from the ACNL board.

One of these guys has Sandshrew in their Safari, I can trade you if you're still looking.

4957-2821-9713

Everyone add me, I want your Safaris!

Hey everyone.  I'm looking to add more to my friends list.  I'll go back and add the people in the previous pages and whoever else that posts in the future.

my fc: 0688-5397-9845

Add me if you haven't. Send me a message to let me know you did.

I got quite a few of you guys added. Need more, :)

By the way are Evees hard to get? I've gotten a couple from WT today.

Add me if you haven't. Send me a message to let me know you did.

I got quite a few of you guys added. Need more, :)

By the way are Evees hard to get? I've gotten a couple from WT today.
You can catch them in the wild so they are not to bad to get, it may just take a few minutes for 1 to show up.

Still don't know what's in my safari. So if anybody could help by checking out would be greatly appreciated!

Friend Code - 3153-3776-2969 

And just got lucky and got an Xerneas off of the GTS. Did have to trade my lvl 75 Florges though.

But if you could tell, would be awesome. And tell me if you add me as well so I can add you back fellow CAG's!

I was able to hatch a Chespin and Squirtle from my roster. I'd be down to trade starters. I tried GTS last night and while I can deposit and seek other Pokemon, when I initiate a trade, I get the communication error and have to shut down my game.

I got the same error. After reading about it, its a known issue when you filter the search further. So basically what i do, i search for a pokemon i want til i filter if i have a pokemon to trade then i ho back to the first search result and just find the trade on that. Takes a little patience but yeah. So far thats the only solution for the error. Hopefully they patch it.

Anyone else notice it is hard as hell to get a female eevee to appear?  I've been grinding a bit on route 10 (mostly to get Electrikes to put up on the GTS).  Noticed all my eevee encounters had been male until I finally saw a female one last night.

I was wondering that myself when I caught mine. All males. Decided to look it up on Serebii, and turns out 87.5% of all Eevees are male. I assumed it was one of the many 50/50 pokemon gender wise.

So I saw over on gamefaqs a new shiny technique has been discovered. They're referred to as Fishing streaks.

Stay in one spot and continue to fish over and over until you find a shiny pokemon. You can run from battles to make things easier, or you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get some exp./wonder trade fodder during the process.

I got up to about 70 and found a shiny seaking. Pretty cool. Some spots are better than others. Namely spots with rocks enclosing the area. Also having a pokemon with the suction cups ability helps tremendously. I used octillery, inkay works too.

Managed to get a Heracross in the GTS for a Lileep (I had 3 of them at the time). I'll explore more of the GTS later. 

Got a dusk stone through the super training thing so I put my Aegislash up on GTS for a Xerneas last night. Surprisingly someone did the trade, too bad it has some weird Japanese nickname on it. Oh well I got the Pokedex entry.

I have Eevee, huh? That's pretty neat! Too bad I can't catch them, though! :dunce:

Wish I could help with the Vivs, but I've got 3 patterns. All native to the U.S., I believe.

Also, thanks for all the O-Powers. You CAGs are swell. :)

EDIT: Remag I added uuuu!

So I'm trying to tighten up my team before I hit the last gym and elite four.

Greninja, Blaziken, Venusaur, and Krookodile are my base 4, with the other two slots preferably going with Flying/other and Lightning/other.

Had a Raichu in the Lightning slot before I started experimenting with a Dedenne for the Fairy powers. Not really sure I'm keeping. Thinking about trying for Galvantula, since I think I used that with decent success in Black/White.

For the Flying, I had a Talonflame but didn't want the overlap with Blaziken, so I tried a Delibird, and now a Noibat. Still not happy with this one, but it can use "Fly", which is a requisite. If Vivillion could learn "Fly", I'd have happily kept it in the team.

Suggestions?

Delibird sucks horribly. It's on par with Sunkern and Unown.

If you have a spare Sun Stone, you could try Helioptile. I use Talonflame myself, but I used to always use Pidgeot.

Don't need an electric type in your team with Venusaur already present imo. There are some good options available on the upcoming routes and in victory road. I went with the dragon type sligoo, then evolved him into Goodra(has to be raining for him to evolve).

The Pokemon in Victory Road are near level 60, so they're pretty easy to insert into your team. Any of them would do well. I always used to love trolling the elite 4's strongest pokemon by using destiny bond or perish song with a ghost type. Haunters are available in Victory road with destiny bond. Haunter/gengar can learn thunderbolt from tm, so they can finish off anything your venusaur can't handle.

Managed to snag a Tyrunt for a Sunkern (lol) and a Skrelp for a Binacle on the GTS this morning. I want a Slyveon without having to do any of the Poke Amie stuff, but people seem to only want legendaries on the GTS. That makes me sad. 

The pokemon amie stuff takes about 10 minutes to get eevee enough affection to evolve. It needs 2 hearts, and needs to know a fairy move to evolve.

I enjoy playing with the pokemon in pokemon amie mode. It's pretty entertaining. Got a good chuckle out of sligoo eating.

Right now I'm just stuck trying to figure out what Pokemon to use for Fly.

I think Dedenne may work better than Raichu in my team. Threw Talonflame back in for gym 8.

Never liked having one designated HM slave, since my water-type tends to get bogged down with two most of the time anyway.

Managed to snag a Tyrunt for a Sunkern (lol) and a Skrelp for a Binacle on the GTS this morning. I want a Slyveon without having to do any of the Poke Amie stuff, but people seem to only want legendaries on the GTS. That makes me sad.
If you need a Slyveon I have a few you can have. Trust trade with me in game. Need nothing really special.

Also if anyone needs a Pichu with volt tackle let me know I have a few ready for trade.

Ugh, my copies aren't set to arrive until tomorrow (afternoon). Seeing all these posts are just making the wait worse!

I was able to snag the Pokemon Timeline that Gamestop was giving to preorders. Sadly, they didn't have the poster.

I think I'm way overleveled for this one. I think I'm only on the third gym and already have my 3 mains at 40 each lol. I do love the new EXP Share (which I attribute to the overleveled problem) as it makes leveling your entire whole party way easier but I think they should have made it so it doesn't share exp with all of your Pokemon until after you beat the game. Just kinda like an unlock feature you can get after beating the Elite 4 and until then the thing functions as the old EXP Share did.

I'm also pleased that for the first time in the series they are making every grass area have unique Pokemon and it isn't the same Pidgey/Rattata counterparts BS appearing in every route.

The EXP Share helps a ton in the last quarter of the game, trust me.

Also disappointed that the final few routes have basically the same Pokemon just with one or two differences.

I just caught a shiny poliwhirl while trying fishing streaks.

I gave my level 15 Inkay a smoke ball and ran from every battle untill it showed up.

Cool. Will probably try another streak later. The suction cup pokemon needs to be first in your party, for those tempted to try.

Been breeding pokemon a lot. Those friend safari pokemon are great for that. Some of them have their hidden abilities. Protean ability on Froakie is pretty damn good. Bred a bunch with that ability. Doing Fennekins with the magician ability now.

Cool. Will probably try another streak later. The suction cup pokemon needs to be first in your party, for those tempted to try.

Been breeding pokemon a lot. Those friend safari pokemon are great for that. Some of them have their hidden abilities. Protean ability on Froakie is pretty damn good. Bred a bunch with that ability. Doing Fennekins with the magician ability now.
Would you trade one of each of Froakie/Fennekin for anything? Im interesting in them with those abilities. I have a few pokemon available through safaris only.

EDIT: also added some people and messaged my friend code as well as my GFs. Have 30 friends so the more the merrier I want those friend safaris and love battling. If I didnt add you message me and I will send you my friend code. I may have skipped some people as there are so many.

Actually here are the friend codes to us:

Stellar: 1263-6129-5076
Kayla: 3926-5569-5953

Sure I'll trade some of'em. What exclusive friend safari pokemon do you have?

I'd like zorua or scyther, not sure if they're available in the friend safari, though.

bread's done
Back