Pokemon X and Y Announced!

whats a good way to get some cash(besides fighting the elite 4, thats what i normally do but its boring and takes forever), buying so many pokeballs im down to my last 10k. and lastly, what is the quickest way to level up? i hear something about the restaurants in lumiose city but only option i see is double battle and the pokemons are level 10(the 3 monkeys from 5th gen.)
It's the 3-star restaurant you want. They're around level 60 in that one. Hit yourself with Exp and Prize Money O-powers before accepting the double battle. You'll get a bunch of money and xp for the fights, then over 100k worth of mushrooms to sell at the end. It's still pretty darn tedious...

Edit: oops, if you're down to 10k you can't afford to start the 3-star battle

Last edited by a moderator:
I am assuming they mean For Trade and Looking For.
Yeah that's what I meant. I guess we wouldn't need For Trade since that could be ridiculously long, but Looking For would be nice. You could pm the person if you have what they want. It would help leave this thread free of trade posts.

I also like the Battle column mentioned above. Like right now I'm not interested since I'm still only two badges in, but later on I would check that column.

Man, after putting in over 90 hours I am going to take a small break. Then after that come back and start ev/iv training my perfect team haha.

Would be awesome if we could somehow get a CAG battle tourney going or something!

Man, after putting in over 90 hours I am going to take a small break. Then after that come back and start ev/iv training my perfect team haha.

Would be awesome if we could somehow get a CAG battle tourney going or something!
I'd be down for that. I've never really taken Pokemon team building seriously but this gen I think I will.

I just got a Bidoof named "Buttmunch". I laughed, then sent it back into Wonder trade.
Had a guy from 4chan(I don't 4chan but I googled /vp/ lol) wonder trade me a bidoof named pen1s and the nature was naughty. -_-

I'd also be very interested in a cag tourney! I didn't know anything about IV's or EV's when it came out in R/S and am excited to try hard this time around. :p

Just got a bellyjet marrill from wonder trade. Cool.

Detective Pikachu? Hope chunsofts making it. They made the mystery dungeon games for pokemon, but are also known for the zero escape series. Seems like the perfect dev team for the project.

Wonder if people were sending out treats for halloween on wonder trade. All the good stuff I got was japanese. Timid gastly, marvel scale dratini, belllyjet marrill, ditto's.

Detective Pikachu? Hope chunsofts making it. They made the mystery dungeon games for pokemon, but are also known for the zero escape series. Seems like the perfect dev team for the project.
I just hope we get Pikachu in a Sherlock Holmes costume. Or hell, Sherlock Chu all the way, especially if it's RDJ or Cucumberpatch Holmes.

EDIT: Meh, no Sherlock Chu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC42t0nW9A8

The detective game looks like a normal-world game with Pokemon. I was hoping for a Mystery Dungeon-esque game (except with non-horrible controls). Also, motion Pikachu is pure evil.

I got my first shiny... A damn Plusle. So sad.

Pokedex is about to hit 500. Also close to max style now; let the breeding madness begin!

(Anyone have an abra safari by chance?)

Yeah, I'm close to 500 as well. Just need to do some more of the pesky evolving. 

(Anyone have an abra safari by chance?)

I don't but if you find one please let me know. I'm looking for an Abra, squirtle, and scyther safari.

why is it that i have like 10 or so friends but pokemon x only shows like 6 of them and the other 4 ppl's safari have yet to be updated to include their third pokemon. I want me some Eevees from JoeB's safari :(

They need to be online at the same time as you (once) and beat the E4 for their 3rd PKMN to unlock.

I just realized I had a shiny Butterfree from Safari >.>

@Stellar: I have a Growlithe/Arcanine if you want to breed your own.

After IV checking my Dittos, I have a 4-IV one and like 5 3-IV ones. I shall start the breeding now!

They need to be online at the same time as you (once) and beat the E4 for their 3rd PKMN to unlock.

I just realized I had a shiny Butterfree from Safari >.>

@Stellar: I have a Growlithe/Arcanine if you want to breed your own.

After IV checking my Dittos, I have a 4-IV one and like 5 3-IV ones. I shall start the breeding now!
I will take a growlithe! :D

Also what are 3, 4, and 5 IVs exactly? I mean I know IVs are a value anywhere from 1-31. Im just confused over all. And exactly what does Destiny Knot do to IVs.

People usually refer to perfect(31) IVs when they describe a pokemon by number of IVs. Destiny knot passes down randomly 5 of the 12 stats of the 2 parents. So the more perfect IV's the parents have the more likely that the kids will inherit some good IVs. Dittos are great because they can breed with everyone.

Females are the ones to pass down abilities, unless the ditto is used, then the male can pass it down. Males pass down egg moves. Marrill doesn't normally learn aqua jet, but someone bred a marrill with a buizel, and thus my azumarill knows aqua jet.

I understand breeding and all to the fullest. Ivs are what get me. So each stat has its own IV value from 1-31? Or 31 between all six traits? Also with the judge in Kiloude City, is a superior pokemon the best you can get technically although it may not be in the right stats?

31 in each stat. Destiny knot passes down 5 of 12 randomly. Power items guarantee a specific stat passes down.

Outstanding is the best grade, you'll know when you have perfect stats when he describes the stats as "can't be beat".

I suggest using the marking system to keep track of IVs.

I've seen the names on the GTS. They all look pretty lame. 

There also appears to be a Mega Evolutions for
Latios and Latias

Huh. You can't get Eevees from my Safari? Is there something I need to do?

EDIT: Just read the post by PrinnyOtaku. Swizzy, I'll turn my 3ds on, plug it in, and leave it online for a couple of hours. Let me know if/when you get it!

Added a bunch of people. If I still didn't accept an add from you, PM me please.

I finally got a HA abra from a friend.

I'm done breeding/training my 5IV Blaziken, Scizor and Cloyster. Working on Gengar, Alakazam and Garchomp next.

My friend went from a 4IV breed to 6IV Gengar -.- Lucky bastard.

Planning on jumping in and buying this game tomorrow.  First mainline Pokemon I've played since Blue (I had Yellow but only played a few hours of it).  Was a huge fan back in the day, I was in like 6th grade then.  But it faded fairly quickly, well before Gen 2 came out.

Really hoping it's worth it.  It looks like it could be a lot of fun.  And I'm starved for new games to play.

My brother just got it, he's enjoying it thus far. He also hasn't played since red/blue. Lot of new additions since then, but it's basically the same.

Slowly adding people, my friends list was already full thanks to animal crossing, deleting people partially based on their friend safari's. Will pm those I added.

I just added you. I can check right now. Would also like to know my safari.

Just got a gale wings fletchling from wonder trade. Think I'll use it. That'll make 2 team members acquired from wonder trade.

Planning on jumping in and buying this game tomorrow. First mainline Pokemon I've played since Blue (I had Yellow but only played a few hours of it). Was a huge fan back in the day, I was in like 6th grade then. But it faded fairly quickly, well before Gen 2 came out.

Really hoping it's worth it. It looks like it could be a lot of fun. And I'm starved for new games to play.
Let me know if you want the available starters you don't get from the professor.

Stupid question: Are X and Y the same games with different Pokemon or two entirely different games (like Ages and Seasons)?

Stupid question: Are X and Y the same games with different Pokemon or two entirely different games (like Ages and Seasons)?
Just like every other Pokemon game, it's the former.

There is also a slight difference in storyline.

bread's done
Back