Pokemon X and Y Announced!

I'm also still collecting starters I don't have. I still need Mudkip, Treecko, Tepig, and Oshawott if anybody has some spares they don't need. Then I figure I'll start collecting legendaries, I suppose. Mostly Thundorus and the others since I think those are pretty rad.
Lemme check who I've got bred when I get home. I had a bunch of all of those at one point. I'm sure I can help you with at least a few, at any rate.

I got a Treecko for a pretty reasonable price--lvl 30 Machoke (Hope the guy wanted a Machamp....)

I hope to be able to breed it and get some of the other starters.

If you look, there are some reasonable people on there....some...

Just putting this out there. These are my top wants if anyone has them and is willing to trade.

Lucario/Riolu (shiny)

Virizion (shiny)

The legendaries I have for trade changes so much and so often, so I won't bother listing any since it could be completely different in several hours. If you have any of my wants, let me know and maybe we can work something out. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit, has anyone caught a Moltres? I didn't know the birds were in this game.

I was on somewhere between the daycare and Lumiose CIty on Rt 5 and he came to see me.

fuck, now I gotta go catch that rat bastard.

Holy shit, has anyone caught a Moltres? I didn't know the birds were in this game.

I was on somewhere between the daycare and Lumiose CIty on Rt 5 and he came to see me.

fuck, now I gotta go catch that rat bastard.
Articuno was my bird. It varies depending on who you chose as a starter pokemon. It sure was a pain in the ass lol.

Yea, you have to encounter the birds like 12 times before they run off to that empty cave in the upper left corner where you can catch them normally.

Yea the legendary birds are a pain to catch. Its stupid how you have to find them in the wild 11 or 12 times. Still havent caught Moltres because of it.

Hey can anyone help me out getting the starters from the other series? I don't have much other than my appreciation :) 3540-0678-9895

Hey can anyone help me out getting the starters from the other series? I don't have much other than my appreciation :) 3540-0678-9895
I've had luck looking on the GTS. I was able to get a Snivy and a Treecko. I traded a Squirtle for one and a Pidgeyotto for the other one.

As time goes on, there will be more of those starters out there. I am personally trying to get a Chimchar, Turtwig, and Tepig.

I've had luck looking on the GTS. I was able to get a Snivy and a Treecko. I traded a Squirtle for one and a Pidgeyotto for the other one.

As time goes on, there will be more of those starters out there. I am personally trying to get a Chimchar, Turtwig, and Tepig.
What gets me is these people asking for legendary pokemon for them. I have a ditto so they can be bred easily.

I know I have harped on this before, but if you can get a Palpitoad, breed for Tympoles. You can get Japanese starters easy.

I was doing a Wonder Trade today and besides two Golems, somebody sent an Iron Fist Chimchar.  Maybe I should've kept it, but I foolishly traded it a minute later since I know Chimchars are impossible to get legally except via the Japanese version.

Iron Fist Chimchars are convoluted to get, but Chimchars themselves are not illegal.

[quote name="detectiveconan16" post="11431589" timestamp="1389307657"]I was doing a Wonder Trade today and besides two Golems, somebody sent an Iron Fist Chimchar. Maybe I should've kept it, but I foolishly traded it a minute later since I know Chimchars are impossible to get legally except via the Japanese version.[/quote]

Breed them with dittos. Anyone need starters? Finally got myself an adamant scyther, need a metal coat now.

[quote name="stuntman21" post="11432222" timestamp="1389320340"]I have a metal coat. If you would like it I'll trade it to you.[/quote]

Sure, what are you looking for?

[quote name="stuntman21" post="11432250" timestamp="1389320871"]nothing really. Pm me your fc, I'm on my phone lol.[/quote]

Sent. Btw, i have the following starters for trade. chespin, fennekin, froakie, squirtle, charizard, bulbasaur.

I also have brave, rash, and timid dittos to breed with. Looking for all other starters that i dont have. I also have 10 eevees.

Sent. Btw, i have the following starters for trade. chespin, fennekin, froakie, squirtle, charizard, bulbasaur.I also have brave, rash, and timid dittos to breed with. Looking for all other starters that i dont have. I also have 10 eevees.
I replied. I got those starters, I'd trade ya a treeko for a ditto though. Don't care the nature

I replied. I got those starters, I'd trade ya a treeko for a ditto though. Don't care the nature
I am glad my slutspawn is helping others. :)

BTW--I didn't have a Flabebe lol! I have been able to get a few other things for the Treecko, so hope that helps you get some older stuff.

I am glad my slutspawn is helping others. :)

BTW--I didn't have a Flabebe lol! I have been able to get a few other things for the Treecko, so hope that helps you get some older stuff.
That treeko has helped me get several other starters, if you need any I think I'm just missing the black and white starters now..

[quote name="stuntman21" post="11432324" timestamp="1389322582"]I replied. I got those starters, I'd trade ya a treeko for a ditto though. Don't care the nature[/quote]

Ok. Will give you a ditto for the treecko and metal coat.

Had a crazy good night on the GTS. Got lucky and saw someone trading a Rayquaza for a Raikou. Managed to work my way over to Groudon and Kyogre, and then down the list from there. Now I just need to grab two more of the Lake Trio and the Latia/os twins and I'll have the eligible legendaries/pseudo legendaries out of the way for the National Pokedex.

Actually, I am going to go further. Latios and Latias will be giveaways for either this year's movie or next year's movie.

Actually, I am going to go further. Latios and Latias will be giveaways for either this year's movie or next year's movie.
That would be awesome. Those are 2 that I still don't have.. although I honestly haven't been trying to get them very aggressively at all. I saw one up on the GTS yesterday for a legendary I usually have a spare of.. but of course I didn't have it at that time lol. That always happens.

My trades on the GTS have really slowed down/halted. Has the same thing happened to any of you guys? Some days I've been on GTS more than actually playing the game lol. Lately since things have slowed, I have been focusing on leveling/shiny hunting.

My "legendaries i have" list is now bigger than my "legendaries I need" list though, so I'm pretty content lol. My 'need' list is getting down to the handful of legendaries that I NEVER see on the GTS (Mew, Darkrai, Victini, Deoxys, etc.) Some JPN players have showed them to me in trade though. The thing I noticed was they usually were in red pokeballs, so I'm assuming they got them from some type of event. The Torchic we got from that special event is in that same red pokeball.

My trades on the GTS have really slowed down/halted. Has the same thing happened to any of you guys? Some days I've been on GTS more than actually playing the game lol. Lately since things have slowed, I have been focusing on leveling/shiny hunting.
Last night was absolutely the exception for me. I had a super slow week prior to that.

Looks like there will be more distributions than normal for this year's movie (in Japan anyway).

The Pikachu short will have FOUR Legendaries: Darkrai, Victini, Manaphy, and Jirachi

Also, the fabled Discount Coupon for the Kalos Boutique Shop will be made available via Global Link. However, it's a one-time use deal.

That treeko has helped me get several other starters, if you need any I think I'm just missing the black and white starters now..
Thanks a lot, if I need any I'll let you know.

Having one or two of those other starters really opens it up to get the rest. I'm letting Ditto have his way with Chimchar now lol.

So far, managed to get Turtwig, Chimchar (female! :) ), and Feebas from Wonder Trade. And thank God (and His friends in the please-stop-driving-your-fans-insane department) that natures don't matter for evolution any more. Prism Scale, trade, Milotic.

Hi everyone. So I just got pokemon Y and the last and only pokemon game I played was pokemon blue when it launched. Anyway I already feel nostalgia with this game two hours in. Just reading this thread kind of makes me wonder what I'm getting into as I feel so lost regarding legendaries, evolutions and stones and all that. Is this game worthwhile if I'm not really into trading pokemon or the social aspect? So far it's been cool I guess, battles seem pretty basic, more of the same from what I remember 15 years back. Also is the bottom screen mainly just for the social part - friends, acquaintances and world or whatever and then sub menus if I click into it? Am I doing it wrong if I don't check the social stuff. All kind go intimidating - only because my gaming time is limited. Thanks for any comments. Love the CAG community

[quote name="aznguyen316" post="11436157" timestamp="1389457092"]thanks that was quite informative. Helped me get a basic understanding. Glad to see I'm not alone![/quote]

The game is way more complex than what it used to be. Just getting the nature and ability of the Pokemon you want itself is a time sink.

I've started to EV Train since I was worried about the lack of Pokerus and some other factors. I read a guide, and started exploiting Sweet Scent + Power Items. Battle Maison is a godsend, especially for the low battery life of the 3DS. So one horde = 20EVs, and less then 10 minutes of battling means a stat is maxed out. That's pretty nice, and it means I can get back to exploring the world faster and catching more of these critters. Camphrier Town is indeed a capital city in Kalos.

I have every generation's starters now if anyone is missing any. Just let me know!
Could I trouble you for a totodile and chikorita? I don't have anything awesome to offer aside from starters... Protean/timid froakies, speed boost torchic, cyndaquil... I'd be super thankful if you can lend a hand!

Could I trouble you for a totodile and chikorita? I don't have anything awesome to offer aside from starters... Protean/timid froakies, speed boost torchic, cyndaquil... I'd be super thankful if you can lend a hand!
I'll PM you once I've bred a dozen or so extras from that Generation. Right now I've just got Gen V ready to go and I'm working on Gen IV.

bread's done
Back