Pokemon X/Y Hardcover guide 11.99 - 40% off - Paperback 22.23

gomikeoh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Not sure if theres a post on here about this but the hardcover guide is avail for much much cheaper than the paper guide.

Each guide (paper or hardcover) comes with a pokemon cleaning cloth as well for your 3ds! Guide is also 400+ pages.

I know pokemon is one of those games I need a guide desperately for, especially after the mainline story so I can look for item locations/pokemon locations.

http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Official-Region-Guidebook-Strategy/dp/0804161992/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a single best buy in my district has it. Wy would the guide not be out with the game?
I was told at two different GSs today that they were misprinted and they were expected them the 22nd. I don't know how much that's worth since they weren't my normal stores where I know who's got reliable info.

Here's a picture of it:

tn9D0GB.jpg

The thing to the left is a screen cleaner, and the back of it has the three starter Pokemon of X and Y. It also comes with a fold-out map, which isn't that big, but it's nice. The backside has a type matchup chart. Unfortunately there isn't any kind of Pokedex included, but there's a pretty extensive walkthrough with lots of pictures. The Pokemon found in each location are also listed, so that's handy. 416 pages total!

The lack of Pokedex is probably what I dislike the most.

It's a good guide, lots of pictures, and a pretty good walkthrough.

I used a PUR coupon for it, and it was worth that.

ALSO:

If you preordered X or Y at Gamestop, you get 10% off, no need to return/rebuy. Hope that works for others, but it was $17.99 when it rang in, after my card.

Damn, the lack of a Pokedex really has me thinking Nintendo must have a ton more mega-evolutions up their sleeves or something.

Either way I still plan to buy, not a bad deal at all for 12$. Just gotta wait for freaking Best Buy or Walmart to get it

Damn, the lack of a Pokedex really has me thinking Nintendo must have a ton more mega-evolutions up their sleeves or something.

Either way I still plan to buy, not a bad deal at all for 12$. Just gotta wait for freaking Best Buy or Walmart to get it
I've seen hints of that and that would be really cool, especially if there's more version specific ones.

bit disappointed it's a mini guide (as many assumed anyway) but really happy it's still 416 pages.  I was afraid it'd only be 200 something pages being a mini guide.  Now if Amazon would just ship there's out...

Will best buy match the 12 dollar price or something?

So apparently, one of the reviewers for this guide on Amazon contacted Prima to ask whether we could expect a second guide to encompass the Pokedex like what was done for B/W and B2/W2, and he was told that they have no plans to do so. I'd post a link, but I'm on my smartphone and can't.

...I dunno about you guys, but I might just skip this guide and go in blind, referencing Bulbapedia and Serebii.net if need be. :bomb:

So apparently, one of the reviewers for this guide on Amazon contacted Prima to ask whether we could expect a second guide to encompass the Pokedex like what was done for B/W and B2/W2, and he was told that they have no plans to do so. I'd post a link, but I'm on my smartphone and can't.

...I dunno about you guys, but I might just skip this guide and go in blind, referencing Bulbapedia and Serebii.net if need be. :bomb:
http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Official-Region-Guidebook-Strategy/product-reviews/0804161992/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

It will be here tomorrow and I'll chime in with my personal opinion. If it's not up to snuff I'll send it back.

Will best buy match the 12 dollar price or something?
Yes, Best Buy price matches all things from Amazon, so if your local Best Buy has it in stock, it's easier and faster to get it from there instead of waiting for Amazon to ship. Mine is also STILL listed for the 22nd

Yes, Best Buy price matches all things from Amazon, so if your local Best Buy has it in stock, it's easier and faster to get it from there instead of waiting for Amazon to ship. Mine is also STILL listed for the 22nd
If BBY have it and if BBY honors the price because it's a pre-order.

Swear it looks like they are delivering in waves here. All the Gamestops halfway across town in the downtown area have it, but not a single one of the 4+ nearby ones.

BB still doesnt have either

My local Best Buy showed it in stock online, but had none in store. I was headed there to pick up some clearance stuff for future Christmas gifts, so decided to check. They did have a spot for it, but of course there was no one around to ask about it. Reminds me when it said they had the KH 1.5 guide in stock but none had it, and now it's delayed. At least the Pokémon guide is real, lol. I'm just going to order from Amazon. Not like I am in a rush since I don't even have a 3DS yet, haha.

Amazon just charged me and has it preparing to ship. Got prime so Hopefully I get it this weekend. Also still waiting on my KHFM guide :/

I got my pre-order from gamestop (they even knocked an extra 20% off since it was late). The lack of any sort of pokedex is disappointing to say the least. But It feels nice, and looks good as far as the book iself. As for the guide it's your standard fare. Goes into the mechanics some, full walkthrough, and it lists all the pokemon that can be found in the various areas etc. It's worth it to me as I just like to have something off hand to flip through to go with the game.

Finally got mine at BB, matched Amazon. They literally must have just got the stock, they had to dig it out the warehouse and only had a few

i see ppl are complaining about no pokedex at the amazon reviews section and comments. i'll pick it up anyway.

I don't mind no Pokedex as long as it shows where and how to catch everything. I could just go to serebii, but a handy book sounds better. I might try and get one of these.

I went and canceled my order. I am not waiting until the 22nd. Must be out of their mind. I am going to have the game beat by the end of the weekend.

And since the guide is apparently a BARE BONES walk through from start to the elite four, there is nothing there for me. No index to search for pokemon, no pokedex, no pokemon stats, movelists, and post game content. How can they mess up this bad and then have it delayed like that? I thought maybe there was some info in the guide that was top secret.

I work at best buy and wanted to pick this guide up. We were suppose to receive it the 15th but who ever is shipping these things out is taking their sweet ass time.We got ours today from what i have heard.

I don't mind no Pokedex as long as it shows where and how to catch everything. I could just go to serebii, but a handy book sounds better. I might try and get one of these.
How come nobody in this thread has answered the question of whether this guide shows you the location of every Pokemon or not?!

How come nobody in this thread has answered the question of whether this guide shows you the location of every Pokemon or not?!
Amazon just updated my status, it's coming today. I will give an update when I get home. This is the main reason I bought the guide so it better not disappoint.

Thank Amazon for one day shipping.

Because I think one person actually got a hold of one so far?

Edit- Actually says that it was just delivered but not here yet so soon hopefully.

Sorry, I didn't see that post. The guide tells you which Pokemon can be found in each location, but there isn't an index of the Pokemon and where to find them. So like if you were looking for Eevee, you'd have to page through all of the areas to find which location it can be found. Does that make sense? It's early and I'm not 100% awake yet.

Sorry, I didn't see that post. The guide tells you which Pokemon can be found in each location, but there isn't an index of the Pokemon and where to find them. So like if you were looking for Eevee, you'd have to page through all of the areas to find which location it can be found. Does that make sense? It's early and I'm not 100% awake yet.
Makes sense to me at least.

bread's done
Back