Polarium NEW for Nintendo DS $14.99 at EBgames.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm this for B&M? If so, I'll pick it up tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll lose interest before it arrives.

[quote name='alongx']Can anyone confirm this for B&M? If so, I'll pick it up tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll lose interest before it arrives.[/QUOTE]

I'll try and check, but I think my EB is closed. It's a worthy game for the DS library, not as good a puzzler as Meteos, but still a lot of fun. Byt the same creator as Lumines on the PSP.

I've been wanting this for a while, but it keeps dropping, and I'm gonna hold out for 10.00 just because I got Nintendogs today. :)

[quote name='hwong3']I'll try and check, but I think my EB is closed. It's a worthy game for the DS library, not as good a puzzler as Meteos, but still a lot of fun. Byt the same creator as Lumines on the PSP.[/QUOTE]

Nope sorry, thats meteos thats made my mizaguchi (spl?). Don't know who made polarium, but the man had enough on his plate working on those two puzzlers to make a third.

it's also on sale at Fry's, but today is the last day for it (and I can't make it) so if it can be confirmed in store I guess I'll pick it up there tomorrow.

Even though it costs $5 more used, it ends up being cheaper than getting it new after coupon codes because you don't have to pay for shipping. This deal is only good if it's also B&M.

[quote name='Parathod']Thanks Hwong, i'll definitely pick it up if the deal is in store as well.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't count on it... espically since the used price is higher than the new price.

This is more than likely an EB website fluke that happens every so often... best to just save the webpage, print it off, and try and PM at any # of stores that accept internet PM's (Sears, CC, hell even EB sometimes matches their own website, but that's veeeeeeeery YMMV).

[quote name='Maverick CRV']So is this game worth $15?[/QUOTE]

I personally don't think so. The game has little to no replay value. You can make your own Polarium fields, but other than that, it's not much of a puzzler. Anyone familiar with puzzle games will lose interest after one go through. It feels good at the ten dollar mark, tho.

[quote name='lurknomore']I personally don't think so. The game has little to no replay value. You can make your own Polarium fields, but other than that, it's not much of a puzzler. Anyone familiar with puzzle games will lose interest after one go through. It feels good at the ten dollar mark, tho.[/QUOTE]

I do highly recommend Zoo Keeper though, plenty of replayability!

[quote name='Masterkyo']Darn! It went up $30 now...hope it drop down $15 again !![/QUOTE]

Yeah, no go in my B&M. It was well worth $15 I think, the endless mode is just like any other puzzler. Nifty but simple unobstrusive in game music and great use of the touch screen. Puzzle mode isn't as much fun except as a brain teaser.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Darn! It went up $30 now...hope it drop down $15 again !![/QUOTE]

Just get a used one, it'll be cheaper in the long run.

The PM worked beautifully at Circuit City... got myself a copy of Polarium for 13.49 :D

No hassles either... the cashier actually laughed at the fact the used price was more expensive then the new price. They had 10 copies in stock, at least, so I think they were just happy clearing out inventory.

I can confirm that this isn't B&M nor will they pricematch their own website.

I don't feel like another online order, so I'll pass.

funny I reposted this deal this morning and was shut down within 10 minutes...I see I would have found this thread had the Op spelled the game right :roll:...Po-La-Rium...

[quote name='Roufuss']The PM worked beautifully at Circuit City... got myself a copy of Polarium for 13.49 :D

No hassles either... the cashier actually laughed at the fact the used price was more expensive then the new price. They had 10 copies in stock, at least, so I think they were just happy clearing out inventory.[/QUOTE]

Haha... that reminds me of trying to PM Metroid Prime 2 at Sears when it was $14.99. They laughed at the used price, until the manager told me to fuck myself. The never ending "I wish CC stocked anything worthwhile" saga...

Nice work, though.

Sent my younger bro to CC to pick me up a copy and hopefully get a PM, would go myself but.... *glares at the burns all over his arms and face* wait, how'd I glare at my face

Yep just got back from circuit city.. Pm'd Advance wars (sales off at fry's) and polarium (sales also off from fry's) and they accepted both.. didnt even have to mention EB... they didnt even question if the sale was over at fry's .. they said they would call but it was too much of a nuisance so they did it anyway.

I went into CC yesterday to get the price match. The store manager refused to give me 110% of the difference. He told me that I could only get the 110% difference AFTER I already purchased the game. I told him that ever time I come in here, I always get the 110% price match at the customer service desk right away. He points to the wall where the price match policy is hanging at the line that says something like "Even if you find it cheaper at any competitor's store in the next 30 days, we'll give you 110% of the difference!". I tried explaining to manager that the meaning of "Even if" is inclusive to today, but he kept stating that it meant AFTER you already purchased the game. He just mumbles "no, you're wrong. this is how the policy's always been , and anyone that gave you 110% of the difference at the time of purchase did not do it correctly".

Am I wrong? Or was the manager wrong? I left the store angry, and didn't get the game there. I didn't think the game was worth $15.xx, but MAYBE at $13.xx.

As far as I know the manager was wrong. If he's right, you could literally say Ok, I'll pay full price for this. Walk out the store, go back in, and be like "OH LOOK, IT'S CHEAPER HERE!" Then you'd get 110% of the difference?

[quote name='Epic Wolf']funny I reposted this deal this morning and was shut down within 10 minutes...I see I would have found this thread had the Op spelled the game right :roll:...Po-La-Rium...[/QUOTE]

MY bad. I'll fix it.

[quote name='alive741']As far as I know the manager was wrong. If he's right, you could literally say Ok, I'll pay full price for this. Walk out the store, go back in, and be like "OH LOOK, IT'S CHEAPER HERE!" Then you'd get 110% of the difference?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought of that, but then realized how flakey EBGames's prices are on their website. Last time I checked this morning, it was back up to $30.

I sent an email to CC's customer service explaining the situation, even telling them which store it was and what time I went. I just want this resolved so this doesn't happen AGAIN the next time I try to get a pricematch.

Wait, so how do I go around pricematching AW: DS? I just show them...well what do I show them? (Link to Fry's AW: DS sale price or whatnot metioned above?). I'd love to get it, but $35 is just too damn much.

oh man i got all excited because i was waiting for this game to drop in price. I guess i could always go price match it but... i dont think i should be spending any money on games since i did get splinter cell chaos theory and nintendogs for my ds within the past couple weeks. ill just wait till it drops even more... hopefully...

When I saw this yesterday at 5PM EST I immediately printed out the page on EBGames.com and went over to Circuit City. The lady tried telling me that the 14.99 was the pre-played price and I had to explain it to her that they were "Running some type of special" and she 110% Price Matched it for me. 13.49 is a sweet price. Thanks OP and E-Z-B for the Price Match Idea.

[quote name='tcm']When I saw this yesterday at 5PM EST I immediately printed out the page on EBGames.com and went over to Circuit City. The lady tried telling me that the 14.99 was the pre-played price and I had to explain it to her that they were "Running some type of special" and she 110% Price Matched it for me. 13.49 is a sweet price. Thanks OP and E-Z-B for the Price Match Idea.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! I already have the Japanese version, as I mentioned originally, but I might even PM it since the US version has single cart multiplayer and the Japanese version has only multicart multiplayer.

dammm suxx i missed out on this one
would have luved to price match

Hey E-Z-B nice new Avatar
you go to CyberCon in NY July 31st?

[quote name='tcm']When I saw this yesterday at 5PM EST I immediately printed out the page on EBGames.com and went over to Circuit City. The lady tried telling me that the 14.99 was the pre-played price and I had to explain it to her that they were "Running some type of special" and she 110% Price Matched it for me. 13.49 is a sweet price. Thanks OP and E-Z-B for the Price Match Idea.[/QUOTE]
Actually, the link in the OP technically goes to the pre-played page for Polarium. For PMs, I'd use this link instead:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255926.asp

It's a small difference, but "Pre-Played" no longer appears in the page title and the new price is listed first, not second.

Of course, it's $29.99 at the moment, but hopefully it'll drop again later today like it's been doing most of the week.

-DM

[quote name='cag1000']dammm suxx i missed out on this one
would have luved to price match

Hey E-Z-B nice new Avatar
you go to CyberCon in NY July 31st?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! No, I didn't go to CyberCon even though I live just outside Philly. Got too much going on with work and personal to do much of anything including playing video games. Plus, I'm studying for the GMATs. :cry:

Well, CC just called and apologized for their mistake. They said to come on in, and they'll give it to me for free. Man, this and getting the EBgames voucher for Paper Mario made a pretty good week.

whoa an even bigger price cut! o_O i think ebgames is trying to lure me in particular.....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back