Politcal Leanings test

Mr.Answer

CAGiversary!
http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/questionnaire.php

I debated whether this goes in the vs. or OTT and figured I'd put it here (as this is a pretty interesting test and hopefully and could hopefully lead to good discussion and none of the VS. talk.)
Welcome to The Political Compass.

There's abundant evidence for the need of it. The old one-dimensional categories of 'right' and 'left' , established for the seating arrangement of the French National Assembly of 1789, are overly simplistic for today's complex political landscape. For example, who are the 'conservatives' in today's Russia? Are they the unreconstructed Stalinists, or the reformers who have adopted the right-wing views of conservatives like Margaret Thatcher ?
On the standard left-right scale, how do you distinguish leftists like Stalin and Gandhi? It's not sufficient to say that Stalin was simply more left than Gandhi. There are fundamental political differences between them that the old categories on their own can't explain. Similarly, we generally describe social reactionaries as 'right-wingers', yet that leaves left-wing reactionaries like Robert Mugabe and Pol Pot off the hook.
That's about as much as we should tell you for now. After you've responded to the following propositions during the next 3-5 minutes, all will be explained. In each instance, you're asked to choose the response that best describes your feeling: Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Agree or Strongly Agree. At the end of the test, you'll be given the compass, with your own special position on it.

http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/questionnaire.php

Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10

I'm on par with Ghandi, the Dali Lama, and Mandela

Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85

I didn't realize I lean so much to left. I've always thought I'm more of a moderate.

[quote name='evilmregg']Economic Left/Right: -8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was possible to be so extreme without belonging to a cult. :lol:

Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72

Here I was thinking I would be closer to Nixon, AND IM A FREAKIN HIPPIE

[quote name='Ozzkev55']Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72

Here I was thinking I would be closer to Nixon, AND IM A FREAKIN HIPPIE[/QUOTE]

You can't be much of a hippie with that -0.72. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']You can't be much of a hippie with that -0.72. :lol:[/QUOTE]
well I would say communist, but Sen. Joe Mccarthy wouldnt take too kindly to that

I'm the second most liberal person here, slightly more than evilmregg, slightly less than misterraven. But I always like to think of myself as the moderate radical, radical cause I tend to be almost uniformly liberal, but moderate cause tend to argue for more moderate liberal paths and solutions. This usually presents a problem, I never can find a political group that fits my ideology.

Noone ever wants to believe Rich when he says he's socially moderate, but:

Economic Left/Right: 4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.51

:D

You know what makes me sad? I'm right by Kerry. :(

internationalchart.gif

Right by Paul Martin

[quote name='alonzomourning23']This usually presents a problem, I never can find a political group that fits my ideology.[/QUOTE]

Crazy?

Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56

Just south of Robert Mogabe, more closer to the line though.

[quote name='Rich']

Crazy?[/QUOTE]

Every political group I've joined (except a high school one which I ended up essentially controlling) I left thinking they were insane people who could get much more accomplished if they just calmed down and picked their battles. They always use tactics that get no support outside of like minded groups and waste their energy fighting 40 battles they can't win instead of the 2 they can.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Every political group I've joined (except a high school one which I ended up essentially controlling) I left thinking they were insane people who could get much more accomplished if they just calmed down and picked their battles. They always use tactics that get no support outside of like minded groups and waste their energy fighting 40 battles they can't win instead of the 2 they can.[/QUOTE]

Nononono, if you're socially in the 7s or 8s on either extreme, you're crazy.

[quote name='Rich']Nononono, if you're socially in the 7s or 8s on either extreme, you're crazy.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I've been called everything from hippy to conservative, put me in a particular setting and I spend half the time arguing the other side and trying to poke holes in their line of thought. Actually, I think that was the real problem with the political groups I joined, they couldn't see how any sane person could disagree with their view.

There are few issues where you could consider me crazy or that would be considered a solely radical position, I just got so many liberal positions that I'm never gonna score in the moderate liberal range.

Though I'm suprised to see paul martin made that chart, I've never really like him (cretien was good though), considering that canadian pm's can afford to be liberal, but wish we could get an american president who was at least as liberal as him (bill wasn't, but hillary is).

Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Dead center and about two notches down. Although when I took this test a year ago, I was DEAD CENTER.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Eh, I've been called everything from hippy to conservative, put me in a particular setting and I spend half the time arguing the other side and trying to poke holes in their line of thought. Actually, I think that was the real problem with the political groups I joined, they couldn't see how any sane person could disagree with their view.

There are few issues where you could consider me crazy or that would be considered a solely radical position, I just got so many liberal positions that I'm never gonna score in the moderate liberal range.

Though I'm suprised to see paul martin made that chart, I've never really like him (cretien was good though), considering that canadian pm's can afford to be liberal, but wish we could get an american president who was at least as liberal as him (bill wasn't, but hillary is).[/QUOTE]

Hillary is a cunt.
(excuse the Queen's english) ;)

[quote name='Brak']Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Dead center and about two notches down. Although when I took this test a year ago, I was DEAD CENTER.[/QUOTE]

You're moving in the right direction. Glad to see that most CAGs don't buy the upper-right corner of neocon BS.

Economic Left/Right: 8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.23

Lots of hippies we have here I see.

edit to add - As a Sponsor level member of the Ayn Rand Institute and a firm believer of the Objectivist Philosophy.. my score comes as no suprise to me.

Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03

I'm not too far off the center myself, but I'm frankly surprised at the extremes of the scale some people fall on. Too much of anything can be bad for you. :D

bread's done
Back