Political Blog for School.

[quote name='RollingSkull']You get graded on traffic and comments? Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my professor had us all create blogs and send him our links. He said this is the first time he is trying this and he'll see how this will go. Personally, I'm with you, I don't think being graded on traffic and comments is right, but hey I just want my A.

Political blogging, eh? A good way to get traffic is to 1) Link to high traffic news/blog posts. Hit up the big name political blogs with links/mentions in posts, (Daily KOS, GOP Bloggers, Huffington, Wonkette, etc) which in turn can turn to being noticed when searched for in the many blog searches out there; 2) Post side-bar links to a few prominent 2008 blogs -- either left leaning, right leaning, or basically just news aggregating blogs; and of course, 3) Post the most interesting political news you find as you find it...and make sure to inject your own pithy commentary.

If you want, I can post a plug link on my blog -- you may not appreciate the traffic as mine is a right-leaning blog that's primarily based on New York and 2008 politics -- but it may help.

EDIT: And linked...

[quote name='t0llenz']Political blogging, eh? A good way to get traffic is to 1) Link to high traffic news/blog posts. Hit up the big name political blogs with links/mentions in posts, (Daily KOS, GOP Bloggers, Huffington, Wonkette, etc) which in turn can turn to being noticed when searched for in the many blog searches out there; 2) Post side-bar links to a few prominent 2008 blogs -- either left leaning, right leaning, or basically just news aggregating blogs; and of course, 3) Post the most interesting political news you find as you find it...and make sure to inject your own pithy commentary.

If you want, I can post a plug link on my blog -- you may not appreciate the traffic as mine is a right-leaning blog that's primarily based on New York and 2008 politics -- but it may help.

EDIT: And linked...[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

EDITED: From my site on the sidebar I link to your site. Thanks for the support.

No problem.

Hey -- do you allow non-registered Blogger members to post comments? That will increase the amount of comments you'll get.

[quote name='t0llenz']No problem.

Hey -- do you allow non-registered Blogger members to post comments? That will increase the amount of comments you'll get.[/QUOTE]

I had no clue you could do that. I'll have to check the options.

EDIT: CHANGED, Anyone can comment now.

Perfect :)

Now I think you'll be able to get more comments. There's all manner of options you can change -- heck, you can even add in your own side-bar material, pictures, etc -- it works kind of like simplified/modified html.

[quote name='t0llenz']Perfect :)

Now I think you'll be able to get more comments. There's all manner of options you can change -- heck, you can even add in your own side-bar material, pictures, etc -- it works kind of like simplified/modified html.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I think I'll work on some pictures int he future, but for now, I just wanna focus on content.

BTW everyone, I think I'll be focusing my blog on the 2008 election. FYI.

[quote name='dragonreborn23']Cool. It should be an incredible election to cover. What an amazing time in history, huh?[/QUOTE]

I think so, with this election is going to be amazing. Who will take the office, the first woman, the first African-American, or another Actor? Heck it may be "America's Mayor". I need to do some research though, I have no clue who I would vote for right now.

There's a lot of information out there -- just make sure to weed through all the partisan posts and really focus in on raw information -- what the candidates have to say, what the candidates have actually done in the past, etc. Doing that may surprise you who you end up liking...

Heck, I'm what some might call a right-wing nut...and I like what I hear from Rudy Giuliani and Barack Obama has such hope and vision that if up against someone like Newt Gingrich...I'd vote for him.

[quote name='t0llenz']There's a lot of information out there -- just make sure to weed through all the partisan posts and really focus in on raw information -- what the candidates have to say, what the candidates have actually done in the past, etc. Doing that may surprise you who you end up liking...

Heck, I'm what some might call a right-wing nut...and I like what I hear from Rudy Giuliani and Barack Obama has such hope and vision that if up against someone like Newt Gingrich...I'd vote for him.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I've actually been watching some Obama videos recently, including his 1984 ad. I actually was a republican when I was younger, but now almost through with college (5th year) I've moved more to the fence. I'm looking forward to researching more on Fred Thompson and Rudy Guiliani.

I'm more or less the opposite. I was a liberal Democrat when I was in high school, now finishing up my 6th year of college (finishing up my Masters now), I'm a member of the New York State Conservative Party ;)

[quote name='t0llenz']I'm more or less the opposite. I was a liberal Democrat when I was in high school, now finishing up my 6th year of college (finishing up my Masters now), I'm a member of the New York State Conservative Party ;)[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'd expect more college students to move more towards the liberal side on many issues. But I guess things are different wherever you go.

Other than that, I've posted a few more times. One about the horrible massacre at Va Tech.

bread's done
Back