POLL: District 9 or G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra?

Ronzilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I'm going to watch either District 9 or G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra next week.

Which one is better? Only want votes from CAG's who saw BOTH, but welcome everybody's comments.

I know District 9 got better reviews overall but I wanna hear from some CAG's.

Probably end up seeing both but want to know which one I should see next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darthbudge']I don't know if I should even dignify this poll with a response.[/QUOTE]

Already did. If you don't like the thread, don't read it.

[quote name='dastly75']Tryin to save you[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DarkSageRK']G.I. Joe had an anime, so I'm inclined to vote based on my love for the series.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the positive responses. I too am a huge G.I. Joe fan but a lot of people(friends) are saying they love District 9.

4 people choosed GI Joe. 6 People choosed D9.

I thought this was a no-brainer but I guess I'm wrong.

I've seen both and GI Joe is one of those "no brain activity" movies with nice explosions and such. D9 is one of those movies where you can't really miss pieces of dialogue or you might get lost. What I liked about D9 was the cloverfield-esque camera angle, the plot and the action while all GI had going for it was it's action.

[quote name='help1']I've seen both and GI Joe is one of those "no brain activity" movies with nice explosions and such. D9 is one of those movies where you can't really miss pieces of dialogue or you might get lost. What I liked about D9 was the cloverfield-esque camera angle, the plot and the action while all GI had going for it was it's action.[/QUOTE]

Now that's some good input.:applause:. Haven't seen Cloverfield but I remember hearing about the different camera pov.

Actions always good and luckily District 9 is a little under 2 hours so no bathroom break needed(won't miss any important info;)).

District 9 was the better of the two, but G.I. Joe is definitely entertaining. Both are worth seeing, but as far as which to see first I'd say G.I. Joe just because it's been out longer.

Even if you think both look good, this really shouldn't be a question. District 9 is fucking balls, and it's getting 10/10's left and right.

G.I. Joe is mindless fun; it's pretty bad, but in a good way.

Definitely go with D9 though, especially if you're paying.

Watch G.I. Joe. It's not that great but it is entertaining. District 9 is just boring. You can't really compare the two as G.I. Joe is action and District 9 is drama.

[quote name='Ronzilla']luckily District 9 is a little under 2 hours so no bathroom break needed(won't miss any important info;)).[/QUOTE]

So, you can't go more than 2 hours without pissing? You suffer some sort of bladder accident when you were younger?

GI Joe was below average, in the CGI, in the acting, in most of the action scenes, in where it tries to be dramatic.

It's like a comedy but a shitty one.

I actually loved Transformers 2, i've seen it like 20 times by now, just a fun movie.
District 9 is amazing as well, i love how it feels real, it helps you to connect to the characters so much

[quote name='Microshock']I actually loved Transformers 2, i've seen it like 20 times by now, just a fun movie.
[/QUOTE]

Wow. And I could barely watch that movie once. Easily one of the worst movies I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot of crap.

[quote name='Malik112099']So, you can't go more than 2 hours without pissing? You suffer some sort of bladder accident when you were younger?[/QUOTE]

I'm a bodybuilder and I drink at least 1-2 gallons of water a day, so yeah I take lots of pisses throughout the day.

Not sure why my comment interests you so much though :???:.

[quote name='Microshock']GI Joe was below average, in the CGI, in the acting, in most of the action scenes, in where it tries to be dramatic.

It's like a comedy but a shitty one.

I actually loved Transformers 2, i've seen it like 20 times by now, just a fun movie.
District 9 is amazing as well, i love how it feels real, it helps you to connect to the characters so much[/QUOTE]

I actually thought Transformers 2 was pretty good as well. Not the best but I didn't hate it like a lot of people did.

G.I. Joe is better than I expected it would be and I'm a huge fan of the toys and cartoon series. The acting is atrocious, but I liked that they took an original take on some of the characters. Plus lots of things explode. That being said, I've seen District 9 twice. Go see District 9.

[quote name='Filler2001']Im surprised it did as well as it did in theaters (allthough with Megan Fox's overrated body anything is possible I guess)[/QUOTE]

LOL. I think Transformers definitely had a lot of buzz and marketing to get people to the theater for sure.

[quote name='dealer']G.I. Joe is better than I expected it would be and I'm a huge fan of the toys and cartoon series. The acting is atrocious, but I liked that they took an original take on some of the characters. Plus lots of things explode. That being said, I've seen District 9 twice. Go see District 9.[/QUOTE]

Huge fan also. Hoping they keep it accurate to the series as much as possible while keeping it entertaining.

I think the consensus so far is favoring District 9(not sure all the voters have seen both movies though ;))

bread's done
Back