POLL: Favorite Little Debbie Cake

sarausagi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Okay, so fuck it I finally decided to create this thread..even though it may make me seem fat, lazy, cheap, or having no taste at all..but seriously...

What is your favorite Little Debbie cake?

Sure, Hostess cakes have more street cred and history...no one gets excited over the Zebra on Zebra Cakes boxes or the Curious George hopping over the Banana Twins, but I'm a CAG through and through, and Little Debbie is usually around $1.25 for five or so sweets while a small box of Twinkies costs around three or four dollars.

So here it goes, what's your favorite Little Debbie cake?

The classier, more distinct Fancy Cake?
The very popular Swiss Cake Rolls?
The fun Zebra Cake?
Maybe something more obscure like STAR CRUNCH or Fudge Brownies?

Anyways, just post it, don't be afraid, I know you have taste, I know you'd prefer a White Dark Mousse or a fancy Tiramisu or an organic German Chocolate cake but the cheapness and overall value of Little Debbie makes you smile...

Nutty bars FTW.

I also used to love oatmeal cream pies.

And fudge rounds are great.

I guess swiss rolls are best, as far as "cake" things go.

I don't think they make them anymore, but they were white with white filling and chocolate chips on top (squares).

[quote name='Moxio']I don't think they make them anymore, but they were white with white filling and chocolate chips on top (squares).[/QUOTE]

They still make them, it's Chocolate Chip Cakes on my poll! They're white frosting, chocolate cake, with cute little chocolate chips on top! They are a little bitter sometimes but they are usually very sweet and pretty satisfying as far as a snack cake goes!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Nutty bars FTW.

I also used to love oatmeal cream pies.

And fudge rounds are great.

I guess swiss rolls are best, as far as "cake" things go.[/QUOTE]
2nd'd, on all 3 accounts, but in no particular order.

[quote name='Graystone']Shit I clicked oatmeal creme then I saw the my true favorite Star crunch was listed.[/QUOTE]When I was a kid we'd always flatten the star crunches before we would eat them. I don't know why, really.

It is all about the Swiss Cake Rolls.

Don't even try to ride with me if you aint down with the SCR.

However I'd probably rate the old classic - Hostess Cupcakes - as my favorite. But for interest of the poll I kept it Little Debbie oriented.

Little Debbie cakes - specifically the "frosted" ones - taste like wax.

I discovered the greatest Little Debbie treat this past holiday season.

pumpkin.gif

Freaking incredible. Easily the greatest.

I pretty much lived on Oatmeal Creme Pies, Star Crunch, and Ramen during an entire stretch of my life (college years). I guess I was a CheapAssEater before I became a CAG.

Picked Oatmeal Creme Pies, but I used to adore Fudge Rounds. Back in high school, I would take a big box in every day when I was working with my best friend, and we would eat the whole box together. Yeah, I used to be a pretty big guy.

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']Strawberry shortcake rolls ftw.. god, I love those things.[/quote]

Ya, dammit why aren't those on the poll! :lol:

I picked the chocolate chip cakes but my real loves are seasonal ones...
Cherry Cordials during Valentines Day are sooo awesome. They are like chocolate covered cherries but in a cheapie cake form. YUM!
Christmas Tree Cakes are teh awesome too. Especially the chocolate ones.
And Easter Puffs with the marshmellows and chocolate... yumm!

[quote name='Graystone']Shit I clicked oatmeal creme then I saw the my true favorite Star crunch was listed.[/quote]
FTMFW! Star Crunch was awesome growing up. I think I may even endulge myself later today and pick up a box.:drool:

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i demand a new poll to include nutty bars, i used to eat them carefully biting off one layer of peanut buttery goodness at a time[/quote]

Amen. Nutty Bars far and away. I can't vote for "Not Listed/Other/Hostess 4 Life" in good conscience.

One of my friends affectionately called them "Little Debbie Shit Bricks".

Out of that list I picked swiss cake rolls with fudge rounds a close second. But yeah, star crunch and nutty bars are probably better than those two, but I didn't think about them when I voted (didn't even see star crunch...)

One of the things I used to do in school was take the fudge rounds and put pretzel sticks in the middle, oh that was fantastically delicious.

oh man loved them all - but gotta give it to the swiss cake rolls because I use to destruct those things and eat them a piece at a time.

always trying to see If I can get the chocolate coating to come off in as large pieces as possible.

probably ate more oatmeal creme pies though, because someone in my family preferred them.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Nutty bars FTW.[/QUOTE]

QFT

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i demand a new poll to include nutty bars, i used to eat them carefully biting off one layer of peanut buttery goodness at a time[/QUOTE]

I still eat them that way!

I voted other for Nutty Bars. But I do prefer Hostess Cupcakes. Too bad I can't have any cause I'm on a diet.

[quote name='velvet396']oh man loved them all - but gotta give it to the swiss cake rolls because I use to destruct those things and eat them a piece at a time.

always trying to see If I can get the chocolate coating to come off in as large pieces as possible.

probably ate more oatmeal creme pies though, because someone in my family preferred them.[/quote]

Wow, I thought I was the only one who did that. After I eat the chocolate coating, I try to unravel the log and lick the frosting out.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']I think little debbie makes those german chocolate cookie ring things thats my vote[/QUOTE]

I forgot about those! I'm changing my vote; those are definitely my favorite

[quote name='jbuck138']I voted other for Nutty Bars. But I do prefer Hostess Cupcakes. Too bad I can't have any cause I'm on a diet. [/QUOTE]
fuck Hostess Cupcakes - their pies are where it's at. :drool:

As far as Little Debbie, I've never been picky but I've always had a soft spot for the Oatmeal Creme Pies.

it's a close race between Swiss Cake Roll (Ho-Ho carbon copy) and Oatmeal Creme Pie (for some reason the sexual connotation of the name makes me laugh all the time). Could this qualify as another battle in the never ending rivalry of Cake vs. Pie?

bread's done
Back