Poll: How many CAGs have had a broken 360?

PawnTakesKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
After hearing the latest CAGcast and the BS failure rate of 16%, I feel it is my civil duty to take a poll of the CAGs to see how many of us have actually had a 360 die. Knowing how many friends of mine have had 360s die, I feel that the failure rate should be around 80%. Hopefully Cheapy can use the results of this poll on a later CAGcast after everyone's had a chance to respond.

Where is the poll?

Well I fall under "I've had my 360 since march of 06 and it's still working, but I can;t wait to get the new jasper board."

I added the poll. I think the options should paint a clear picture.

EDIT: I re-did the poll to publicly display the usernames of those who voted to attempt to cut-down on shennanigans
Please cast your vote again if you are one of the few that already voted.

[quote name='CheapyD']I added a the poll. I think the options should paint a clear picture.

EDIT: I re-did the poll to publicly display the usernames of those who voted to attempt to cut-down on shennanigans
Please cast your vote again if you are one of the few that already voted.[/quote]
Thanks Cheapy for adding a the poll. ;)

Yeah and so far it Looks like I'm the only one who voted having it for more than six months and not breaking so far, but it's still early.

I have had mine since August '06. Have yet to have a problem. I just hope mine breaks soon so I can get an HDMI console, hopefully.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']I think eventually there will be a 100% failure rate[/QUOTE]

Eventually everything has a 100% failure rate.

Mines 2 years old almost and hasnt died yet. I dont really game on it much though, so Im sure I dont have the hours packed into it that most do.

Well, I'm on my 2nd. Kinda.

The first one I bought, was a refurbished one off of eBay. That was a silly, silly decision. It red ringed the first day I had it. But it was returned to the seller for a refund, and everything was cool. The next day, I bought a new one from Target. This was in June '07, and so far so good.

Oh crap, I probably just jinxed it.

it looks worse in a forum like this where most people are hardcore gamers. if you put a lot more time on your console, it's going to have a better chance of breaking down.

yes, microsoft should have made the console better but it's not like they can test the amount of hours that some of you guys log on there. plus you have to throw in other factors like a lot of people aren't ventilating it properly (although they think they are), people are more likely to go to a forum if their's broke than if not, and

for myself, i've owned my console for a year although it's about 1 1/2 years old (ebay from casual gamer) never one problem with it, but i let it warm up and keep it in a ventilated area. plus i've only put in maybe 40-50 hours on it. that's probably in the area of the casual gamer which is probably M$ biggest demographic (GTA sells a lot more than jade empire). the console would probably go up in price if they made it more durable than it needs to be for most people.

i think they've made a good effort in extending the RROD warranty for 3 years. it sucks it takes a couple weeks but it's just a video game system. things break and they're trying to make it right, which is something they didn't have to do.

ps. not a fanboy, some people are a little too serious when it comes to gaming.

[quote name='pewing33ny']
yes, microsoft should have made the console better but it's not like they can test the amount of hours that some of you guys log on there. plus you have to throw in other factors like a lot of people aren't ventilating it properly (although they think they are), people are more likely to go to a forum if their's broke than if not, and
[/QUOTE]

All moot since it has a higher failure rate than any other major console which also has to deal with those factors (hours use, ventilation etc.) as evidenced by the various 30% failure rate estimates, the problem being bad enough to require them to do a $1 billion warranty extension etc.

My 'Built October 2005' launch box is still working flawlessly.

I suspect my luck with consoles (never had one break) is a combination of not smoking (anything), having my house a consistent 69-72º, having an open air AV rack, and having my consoles hooked up to a home theater line conditioner.

Oh my 360 has also been vertical too.

My premium lasted an entire year then broke down. Luckily it broke like a week before my warranty expired (video output was messed up). They fixed it, sent me my original system back. Needless to say, by that time I had already replaced it with a brand new elite. I sold the Premium when I got it back on craigslist.

My launch system was getting disc read errors on day one and freezing problems. It RRoD'd less than a week after purchase.

My second system lasted awhile, but had some disc read trouble after a little less than 2 years.

My 3rd system is going strong (knock on wood).

I also purchased a RRoD system on ebay for $60 Bucks and repaired it myself. That system has a manufacturing date of 7-13-06 (so it;s life was about 1.5 years).

My launch system started acting funny just before my one year gamestop warranty was up, so being paranoid, I exchanged it. Technically not a failure.

The second one did actually fail on me about six months after I got it, but the replacement one has been going strong ever since with no signs of weakness. So far third time is the charm.

I have had my system since Summer of 06, and other then an issue with a GOW disk, no real complaints. Lets hope we can keep it that way.

I am on my first one from 14months ago. I didn't use it for 3-4months when I went to Las Vegas but now its being abused more then ever. I am sure its gonna die soon since I enjoy playing it. :(

I've had my 360 since Christmas, and Haven't had any problems yet. I'm hoping I don't, or at least for a while *crosses fingers*.

So far my elite has had no problems. Though I have a feeling me responding and voting in the poll is going to fuck me in the ass in terms of increasing rate of RROD. If it happens while I'm on the 58 song setlist in Rock Band I'm gonna murder someone...

I bought my first 360 from a friend who upgraded to an Elite. The system he sold me was his refurb from MS after his first 360 red ringed.

I got that system in July 2007. It first red ringed on my second playthru of Bioshock, but miraculously recovered and worked until a month ago when it red ringed as I turned it on. This time there would be no recovery. I sent it to MS and went out and bought a Halo 3 edition 360.

My refurb from MS showed up this past Friday and I sold it to my friend who hasnt hooked it up yet. My Halo 3 360 works fine, but Ive only had it for a few weeks. I think it has a Falcon chipset tho, so I better not have any problems *knocks wood*.

I bought my 360 on 11/26/06 and unfortunately it hasn't broken yet. For the past couple months I've been getting disc read errors everyday (sometimes 4 or 5 a day) and I'm sure it will red ring when GTA:IV comes out.

I've only had one break on me (RROD), but the replacement 360 MS sent me is trash. As I've said in many other threads, my replacement sounds like its blending ice when it reads a disc.

I'm sending in my replacement due to DREs .
The discs seem to be slipping in the drive at high speeds .

I never had any drive issues with my launch unit .

[quote name='CheapyD']I added the poll. I think the options should paint a clear picture.

Please cast your vote again if you are one of the few that already voted.[/QUOTE]

Sorry guys, my laptop died on me just as I was creating the poll. Then I had to leave for work, so I figured, "Screw it."

Thanks, Cheapy. Your poll is better than what I had planned anyway.

Stupid RRoD is why I held off on buying a 360 and bought a ps3 instead...that and wanting guaranteed backwards compatibility for ps2 games. Now I will probably wait for the end of the console's life span before picking one up...and or hope that the successor is backwards compatible with both 360 and original xbox games (slim chance...I know, but here's to hoping).

It's really sad that microsoft rushed the hardware launch to gain a competitive edge with a clearly poor quality check. I guess with their cash flow and zero debt balance sheet, they could afford to take the massive hit, to get the console into people's homes first seemed to be the only priority, irrespective of the cost (literally and figuratively speaking).

Technically I'm on my 3rd system. Got suckered by an employee at BestBuy on Black Friday 07 with the Guitar Hero II/06 built 360, exchanged that old model for a Halo 360 system, then the drive stopped reading discs in mid January, exchanged that for a new Halo system which I hope lasts me a long time.

I'm on #3. First one had the graphics card start to crap out (was sent a new console), the second one red-ringed (was sent the same console repaired).

[quote name='Puffa469']So far 193 people answered the poll, and were at a 66% failure rate.[/QUOTE]

I've been watching the poll over the past day to see if the results fluctuate - and they've been pretty steady this whole time (a rough 65/35 have/have not broken).

Currently waiting for my fourth.

First one lasted 10 months.

Second one lasted 13 months.

Third attempt lasted 8.5 days (I suspect it wasn't actually repaired)

Fourth attempt arrives monday.

My older brother is on his third console. His first one lasted from November 2005 till May 2006. His next one lasted from May 2006 till July 2007. The repair job is going strong so far.

My younger brother is on his second console. His first one lasted from February 2006 till January 2008. Repair job is working fine.

My first system lasted almost a year, *launch system* Im now on my 3rd about to be 4th ..... all those being wonderfuly working MS referbs.. not lasting more then 6 months each.

bread's done
Back