[POLL] The truth about the "SAVER" issue at ebgames.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follandboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I just got off the phone with EB customer support regarding the problem that the code "SAVER" doesn't work any longer. I had the guy try the codes on his computer at EB HQs. It did not work for him, and it was the first he has heard of this problem. He said that it is probably just a technical problem with the website and it will be fixed shortly. I asked him if he could ask a manager about the problem, and he did. The manager said "WE ARE NO LONGER OFFERING THE CODE "SAVER" FOR FREE SAVER SHIPPING."

I wish I had asked him if this is just temporary to see how much bussiness they lose or not. Either way, if the CAG community can hold back their urges for a month or so and not buy anything from EBgames.com, I would think that this would be a huge hit to their profit and this would hopefully make them reissue the "Saver" code.

I don't wish to rush into action, but I have like 15 Gamecube games I have yet to play and 3 or PS2 games. I will no spend my time playing these instead of looking on EBgames.com

Are you with me or against me?

SAVER was always a coupon, not a policy. Unfortunately, they decided to end the COUPON. Yeah, it majorly sucks, but I don't see a reason to actively boycott EB, but I will admit that I probably won't buy things on a spur of the moment basis anymore.

Hundreds of people bent EB over this afternoon because of an exclusive CAG coupon code and now you want to boycott them? I don't know if thats incredibly stupid or incredibly retarded.

Um... so you expected them to offer free shipping forever, and now want to boycott them?

Are you also going to "boycott" all the other companies that don't offer free shipping? Or is this just based on a sense that this company "owes" you free shipping?

[quote name='evilmregg']Bwa-ha-ha! The poll numbers are looking a little one-sided.[/QUOTE]

I can't even believe there are two sides to the poll. Who boycott's a store simply because they end a sale? And in this case, they didn't even end the sale!

Geee...way to not jump to conclusions...

I'm sure it makes much more sense for you to contact EB about this, rather than have me handle it.

I'm sorry, but I'm closing this thread on account of me not being able to handle any more EB controversy today.

EDIT: By the way, nice idea to call them immediately after the entire pre-played coupon fiasco. Next time, just send them a letter bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back