PoP: The Forgotten Sands $39.99 Xbox 360 TARGET (YMMV?)

seems quite expensive. Will wait for it to go lower
o.gif

$40 isn't bad. Family Video gave me a free rental and all they really had in worth renting was PoP: The Forgotten Sands so I went ahead and rented a copy to check it out. I've heard it was pretty good, but like everyone else is saying this is an Ubisoft game so expect the price to fall faster than an 18 year old girls prom dress.

If I like the game I'll bite at $30, but $40 for a game that just came out isn't bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if this one drops especially quickly. Not because of any problem with it per se, but rather because it came out on just about the worst week possible to release any game that isn't Red Dead Redemption or Alan Wake. I mean, seriously, why would anyone even try to compete with those two? I know that I didn't even think about picking it up because I was already spending more than I should getting them, and I suspect a large number of gamers were in the same situation. Even Wii buyers were probably put off a bit since SMG2 comes out next week. I know that if I were in charge of such things Ubisoft, I'd have pushed the release date by at least two weeks in one direction or the other the moment I saw that release schedule.

The preview I saw of the game looked awesome. I loved that you could freeze water and use that as a wall to run or jump across. I like that it's closer to Sands of Times than newer games too.

I still won't buy it till it's around $30 or so, but considering it's an Ubi game, that shouldn't take too long
edit: here's the video I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlowGUFT1pk

could have been a comp price. When i worked at target we had a walmart down the street we were always comping each other.

Really good game. Its pretty short though, and maybe not worth $60. I rented it, and beat it in a couple days. It has that UPlay feature, and I think they're adding a new Time Trial mode in the near future.

bread's done
Back