Portable N64 = Badass.

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
This is the coolest thing I've ever seen. I would love to get my hands on one of these if it's real (it kind of looks photoshopped to me and what would be the point of the 4 controller ports on the bottom?).

l64.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/16/l64-redefines-portable-n64-style/

[quote name='javeryh']This is the coolest thing I've ever seen. I would love to get my hands on one of these if it's real (it kind of looks photoshopped to me and what would be the point of the 4 controller ports on the bottom?).

[/QUOTE]

Maybe it has AV outputs?

[quote name='rabbitt']What good games need a d-pad?[/quote]

Are you incinuating the orignal Turok wasn't a good game?

Its on bitch!

[quote name='Kayden']Are you incinuating the orignal Turok wasn't a good game?

Its on bitch![/QUOTE]

:lol: Sorry, but missing a platform and having to start all over isn't my style.

[quote name='rabbitt']:lol: Sorry, but missing a platform and having to start all over isn't my style.[/quote]

Missing a platform isn't my style. Period. :cool:

:hot:

[quote name='rabbitt']What good games need a d-pad?[/quote]

WWF No Mercy
GoldenEye
Perfect Dark

That thing looks cool, but without a D-Pad it is worthless. And no L-Trigger either?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']WWF No Mercy
GoldenEye
Perfect Dark
Mischief Makers goddammit

That thing looks cool, but without a D-Pad it is worthless. And no L-Trigger either?[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Also, I don't think the D-Pad is required for GoldenEye or PD. PROVE ME WRONG IF YOU DARE.

It's optional if I remember correctly, basically the same function as the c-stick but on the left hand side.

But yeah, you wouldn't be able to even play the AKi n64 wrestling games without a d-pad.

For those who are interested in these portable console mods, there's a book out called, "Hacking Video Game Consoles" that shows step-by-step instructions. It doesn't feature N64, but everything before it: PSone, SNES, NES, etc. I have a copy; it's fun to thumb through. You can get it at most book places, and it goes for about $10 new on Half.com.

bread's done
Back