Portal 2 $39.99/$29.99, Shift 2 Unleashed $49.99 @ BBY

Animekatt

CAGiversary!
BB changed the list of games from the Easter Sale to what we have today. Less games and accessories on the list overall.

As always, if the price is higher instore, you can price match the web price if it doesn't have the "Online Only" wording.

List of games and items in the sale

Highlights:
:360::ps3: $39.99 Portal 2

:pc: $29.99 Portal 2

:360::ps3: $49.99 Mortal Kombat + Free $10 gift card

:360: $14.99 3 month XBL Gold

:360: $138.99 Xbox Kinect

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI- Looks like dragon Quest is still out of stock, but at $34.99.
I think the $6.99 was a error. It sucks that I couldnt add one to my collection.:cry:

[quote name='stoned99']BB is closed today WTF !!! Drove by the store to trade a bunch and flip Kirby. Damn you easter Bunny[/QUOTE]

I hope you live close, with the cost of gas these days driving back and forth would eat up any "profit" pretty fast, not to mention your time.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Hey guys let's report this Kirby price to Amazon they may match it. I want Kirby!

Link to Kirby at Best Buy

Link to Kirby at Amazon

Scroll down to report the price. Let them know shipping is free too. (In store pickup at BB)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the links for quick price match. Amazon is probably not going to match this, given that its Easter Sunday. Oh well. This game will hit 19.99 retail eventually but would be nice to add to the collection now.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']review guys

http://www.youtube.cm/watch?v=Iw2JTmXQ9mk[/QUOTE]

Just proves my theory that today's critics, when reviewing games, place greater importance on graphics and atmosphere than gameplay and challenge. Now apparently, they'll even go so far as to highly recommend games that are designed for small children to everyone just because the graphics are beautiful. Bunch of morons, all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Thanks for the links for quick price match. Amazon is probably not going to match this, given that its Easter Sunday. Oh well. This game will hit 19.99 retail eventually but would be nice to add to the collection now.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I have big doubts Kirby will ever be $19.99. This one is developed by Nintendo and published by Nintendo. Add to that the critical praise this game has received (nearly 90% on gamerankings) and you have to think it'll be $39.99+ for a while.

Other M, on the flipside, is a Team Ninja game and has been critically a disappointment. Many core Metorid fans (like myself) dislike the game; probably explains why the title has tanked so fast in price. I suspect we'll see this one at $9.99 later this year. I'd like to have a copy for my library, but not at more than $10.

silly question, but does anyone know any store that will price match this? I'd like to use cash to get this. (or alternatively if there's any way to do a store pick up that will allow me to pay with cash)

[quote name='ChaosLaw']silly question, but does anyone know any store that will price match this? I'd like to use cash to get this. (or alternatively if there's any way to do a store pick up that will allow me to pay with cash)[/QUOTE]

Sears will price match online competitor's prices, and give you 10% the difference. Not sure if they're open on Easter, though.

Dammit. Just bought Kirby for $28 off Amazon the other day. Didn't imagine it hitting $15 in many many months. Oh well.

So if I place an order for in store pickup, how long will they hold it for? I've got a gift card to burn, but won't be able to get out there until Wednesday or Thursday.

[quote name='PR Mega X']So if I place an order for in store pickup, how long will they hold it for? I've got a gift card to burn, but won't be able to get out there until Wednesday or Thursday.[/QUOTE]

they hold for either 7 or 8 days.

[quote name='chilimac']Just proves my theory that today's critics, when reviewing games, place greater importance on graphics and atmosphere than gameplay and challenge. Now apparently, they'll even go so far as to highly recommend games that are designed for small children to everyone just because the graphics are beautiful. Bunch of morons, all of them.[/QUOTE]

It's a really fun game. Go back to Call of Duty.

Held off @ 7AM on DQIX. I already purchased 4 copies in the past few months. 3 for myself and kids and one for my daughters friend for her birthday. We have all played lots of co-op, so we got our (my) money's worth at $17 a copy. After I found out there were a couple more of their friends who would play along, I was going back to pick up a few more cheap BD presents, but alas, I was reminded again that you cannot wait when you run across a extra special deal.

I did pick up Kirby. Any time the kids are with me in GameStop, I have a heck of a time pulling them away from the demo.

[quote name='chilimac']Just proves my theory that today's critics, when reviewing games, place greater importance on graphics and atmosphere than gameplay and challenge. Now apparently, they'll even go so far as to highly recommend games that are designed for small children to everyone just because the graphics are beautiful. Bunch of morons, all of them.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'd rather take a game that is going to give me a memorable user experience created by the story telling, art style, music and atmosphere then one that sacrifices any of those to make a "hard" game. Mass Effect, Bioshock or Assassin's Creed all do the same thing very well which is why the succeeded. None of those games were difficult for me as I played them on the default difficulty setting, know why? I don't want to spend my time playing an area over and over again. I want to immerse myself into the game world.

[quote name='omyard']Personally, I'd rather take a game that is going to give me a memorable user experience created by the story telling, art style, music and atmosphere then one that sacrifices any of those to make a "hard" game. Mass Effect, Bioshock or Assassin's Creed all do the same thing very well which is why the succeeded. None of those games were difficult for me as I played them on the default difficulty setting, know why? I don't want to spend my time playing an area over and over again. I want to immerse myself into the game world.[/QUOTE]

Don't want to get into personal attacks but... have you ever heard the phrase 'you are what you eat'? Well, the same can be said for what you play. If you prefer to play weak games, then what does that say about you?

[quote name='chilimac']Don't want to get into personal attacks but... have you ever heard the phrase 'you are what you eat'? Well, the same can be said for what you play. If you prefer to play weak games, then what does that say about you?[/QUOTE]

Damn man, you must only play bodybuilding games and Leisure Suit Larry to have that kind of profound logic.

Some people like variety in their gaming. Sometimes I like blasting crap to pieces in bloody explosions and sometimes I like to run around collecting shiny things without having to worry about dying. I think limiting yourself to one type of game is kinda sad.

[quote name='chilimac']Don't want to get into personal attacks but... have you ever heard the phrase 'you are what you eat'? Well, the same can be said for what you play. If you prefer to play weak games, then what does that say about you?[/QUOTE]

I think your self imposed limitations on your gaming experiences align fairly well with your closed minded attitude. So I guess you are what you play.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Actually, I have big doubts Kirby will ever be $19.99. This one is developed by Nintendo and published by Nintendo. Add to that the critical praise this game has received (nearly 90% on gamerankings) and you have to think it'll be $39.99+ for a while.

Other M, on the flipside, is a Team Ninja game and has been critically a disappointment. Many core Metorid fans (like myself) dislike the game; probably explains why the title has tanked so fast in price. I suspect we'll see this one at $9.99 later this year. I'd like to have a copy for my library, but not at more than $10.[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI gamestop has Kirby for $24.99 used online and $29.99 new. So it's definitely not staying at $39.99+

Haha, let's not pretend that playing videogames on hard makes you some kind of badass. It's a videogame.

Oh man, you mean I'll become a kid b/c I might play a game with bright colors? fuck that shit, I'm a muthafuckin man, goddammit! GIVE ME BLOOD, TITS, AND SEX, fuck YEAH! I'M A MANLY MAN NOW!

Quite hilarious people determine their 'maturity' by a goddamn video game.

[quote name='jimbodan']Just an FYI gamestop has Kirby for $24.99 used online and $29.99 new. So it's definitely not staying at $39.99+[/QUOTE]
That's part of the power sale. It's going up tomorrow.

I know some chicks that automatically label any guy that still plays "any" videogames infantile.

Chill man. I kind of feel sad for you if that is your logic behind video game preference. Like others have said, there is such a wide variety of games out there that it is a shame if you limit yourself. If you do not like the game that is fine, but why try to rain on others' parade for a very good game at a great price. Do you honestly not have anything better to do on Easter Sunday than to berate others for not having similar tastes as yourself?

[quote name='kidkash03']Oh man, you mean I'll become a kid b/c I might play a game with bright colors? fuck that shit, I'm a muthafuckin man, goddammit! GIVE ME BLOOD, TITS, AND SEX, fuck YEAH! I'M A MANLY MAN NOW!

Quite hilarious people determine their 'maturity' by a goddamn video game.[/QUOTE]

Lol, where's Samuel L Jackson when you need him?

[quote name='Stele']That's part of the power sale. It's going up tomorrow.

I know some chicks that automatically label any guy that still plays "any" videogames infantile.[/QUOTE]

I had a friend nag to me once that every guy she dated has dry skin, plays videogames and watches anime.

[quote name='opportunity777']I had a friend nag to me once that every guy she dated has dry skin, plays videogames and watches anime.[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing your friend isn't trophy GF material?

Snagged 2 copies of Kirby, 1 for little cousin's birthday which happens to be this tuesday lol and 1 to trade. Nice find OP. Bit lame I bought it a while back at B1G1 50% at toysrus lol.

[quote name='opportunity777']I had a friend nag to me once that every guy she dated has dry skin, plays videogames and watches anime.[/QUOTE]

Men are losing their masculinity. Their testosterone is declining due to a lack of exercise and too much masturbating. The cause of dry skin is due to excessive caffeine consumption and vitamin A deficiency due to poor eating habits. They sit around and play video games while drinking caffeinated beverages, then masturbate due to the caffeine increasing cholinergic activity, which depletes their testosterone, and then they watch cartoons because, due to chronic testosterone depletion, they now have the hormonal levels of a child, which in turn causes them to be attracted to children's programming.

[quote name='chilimac']Men are losing their masculinity. Their testosterone is declining due to a lack of exercise and too much masturbating. The cause of dry skin is due to excessive caffeine consumption and vitamin A deficiency due to poor eating habits. They sit around and play video games while drinking caffeinated beverages, then masturbate due to the caffeine increasing cholinergic activity, which depletes their testosterone, and then they watch cartoons because, due to chronic testosterone depletion, they now have the hormonal levels of a child, which in turn causes them to be attracted to children's programming.[/QUOTE]

seriously ass clown, gtfo of this forum. you're worthless.

What..

[quote name='chilimac']Men are losing their masculinity. Their testosterone is declining due to a lack of exercise and too much masturbating. The cause of dry skin is due to excessive caffeine consumption and vitamin A deficiency due to poor eating habits. They sit around and play video games while drinking caffeinated beverages, then masturbate due to the caffeine increasing cholinergic activity, which depletes their testosterone, and then they watch cartoons because, due to chronic testosterone depletion, they now have the hormonal levels of a child, which in turn causes them to be attracted to children's programming.[/QUOTE]
..the fuck?

Haha, from a thread detailing gaming deals to men losing their masculinity... I love CAG lol.

As a female gamer who is dating a gamer, I don't care what games he plays. I think it's cute if he would play Kirby's Epic Yarn, as opposed to playing COD:BO and other shooting games. As long as he has time for me, it's fine. Otherwise, if he pays more attention to games than me then... :boxing:

How much is too much? I only rub 5 or 6 out a day.

So what you're inferring is that I am what I play? You know what? I'm ok with that. I guess that makes me a master assassin who does plumbing on the side while trying to cool in my green tunic and saving the princess. Sometimes I fly around the universe as a bounty hunter while fighting space pirates other times I'm jumping through mass relays trying to save the galaxy. When that gets tiring I'll pull out my whip and fight through Dracula's castle other times I'm let my mullet fly free and practice my CQC or run through an old mansion fighting Zombies and dreaming of the good ol' days hanging out with out the Millenial fair and jumping through time or meeting new friends and learning about magic until that evil clown came and changed the whole world around. Other days I just like to relax and let the pieces fall into place, play with yarn, take a stroll in the maze and look for old ghosts or conquer the world one turn at a time.

[quote name='moop2001']seriously ass clown, gtfo of this forum. you're worthless.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to help you. If you're a man and like to watch cartoons and play kid's games, then you obviously have a hormonal problem. If you wish to correct it, then do the following. First, quit drinking caffeine. Caffeine, like I said, increases parasympathetic nervous system activity, which increases sexual drive. Masturbating also increases parasympathetic nervous system activity, which will make you lazy and lethargic. Second, get up and exercise twice a day for 30 minutes at a time. This will cause your nervous system to become sympathetic dominant during the day. This will then lead to an increase of testosterone, which will increase energy and confidence, make you more aggressive and alert, and of course it will change your brain chemistry so that cute cartoon characters will be a huge turn off, as they should be to an adult male.

[quote name='benjamouth']It's a well known fact you'll hit the wall at 9.[/QUOTE]

so I'm an underachiever and I'm not some girly man? I also drink lots of caffeine.

Will my hormonal imbalance be fixed by playing more Call of Duty?

bread's done
Back