Portal 2 $39.99/$29.99, Shift 2 Unleashed $49.99 @ BBY

Animekatt

CAGiversary!
BB changed the list of games from the Easter Sale to what we have today. Less games and accessories on the list overall.

As always, if the price is higher instore, you can price match the web price if it doesn't have the "Online Only" wording.

List of games and items in the sale

Highlights:
:360::ps3: $39.99 Portal 2

:pc: $29.99 Portal 2

:360::ps3: $49.99 Mortal Kombat + Free $10 gift card

:360: $14.99 3 month XBL Gold

:360: $138.99 Xbox Kinect

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a good deal on Metroid:Other M. Too bad I banned myself from buying any video games...

I have some on my back load I need to finish, but geez...it's such a tempting buy.

[quote name='moop2001']So the shipments to the store just have to come in for those pick-ups?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Just got home. Got my pickup while I was at work. So glad that I got DQ9 at this price. It's also cool that the sale has been extended until this weekend.

Just got my pickup notification. First time dealing with Best Buy and their in store pickup, so I'll see how smooth this process is...

For pickups, all you have to do is go to Customer Service, show the rep your confirmation. They will then need to have the card that you used to pay for the order. Then you receive your game(s)! This was my first time using BBY pick-up. I'm usually doing the picking for the orders.

Seems that I lucked out, Dragon Quest IX is available for pickup today at my Best Buy. Seems like my luck is turning around these days.

[quote name='Animekatt']For pickups, all you have to do is go to Customer Service, show the rep your confirmation. They will then need to have the card that you used to pay for the order. Then you receive your game(s)! This was my first time using BBY pick-up. I'm usually doing the picking for the orders.[/QUOTE]

Just an fyi - I believe you also need a state-issued ID. I know I always have.

As I mentioned earlier, I got my confirmation a little over an hour ago. Drove up to BB (about 10 min there, 10m back), and first looked to see if they had any Sly Collections left. They had one, figured I'd give it a shot and see if it's still $19.99 like it was last week. Had to wait in line for a good five minutes. But once to the register, things went pretty seamlessly. Unfortunately, Sly rang up $29.99. As I was getting ready to leave, I figured I'd go see if there was anything else left to blow my $10 GC on. It was then I saw a stack of $20 Sly collections. I went back to CS, and politely asked if she could honor it for $20 now that I had seen the stack and price. She went out, and claimed that the crooked signs me they're in the process of changing the tag, but that she would honor it anyway. She was very kind, and I think me being very nice in the beginning helped.

Anyway... yay! That means I managed:

Portal 2 $34.99 (+ 500RZ points, + $10 GC, + $10 GC for waiting too long)
Sly Collection for $19.99 - $10 GC = $10
Dragon Quest - $7

Total: $52 OoP for Portal 2, Sly Collection, DQIX, and $20 in GCs. :bouncy:

5653865213_882d88f906.jpg

Heading into mine to pick up my 6 Dragon Quest's today. Hopefully it's ane asy process. Do you just go to customer service?

[quote name='Zaku77']Heading into mine to pick up my 6 Dragon Quest's today. Hopefully it's ane asy process. Do you just go to customer service?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you go to customer service and show your order number, ID, and card that you used to purchase it. Also if you specified anyone else to pick it up for you when you ordered it, they only need to show their ID and the order number.

Picked up Dragon Quest and Kirby, easy... they had a bunch left on the shelf, so I picked up Metroid, too. They had tons of Dragon Quest for $34.99, too.

Damn, really wish I would've checked in here yesterday. Been looking to pick up DQ IX and $7 would've been a steal.

I was expecting to get an "item not available" notice, but received the ready for pickup email instead on DQ. I wonder if it was actually a mistake. It paid off waiting past the newegg $12 price, then the gohastings switcheroo for legend of kage, but now finally I got a deal on it.

Ouch, i feel bad for some guy at my store (Then again he seemed like a flipper). I got there right at Store Opening to pick up my DQIX, it wasnt behind the counter for some reason, so the lady had to call up someone to see if they could get it from the Game Isle. Apparently they only had 2 left on the isle, so i ended up getting mine, and im guessing the guy next to me got most of his orders refunded (Or switched to another store)

I just picked up DQIX and Metroid in store. I never got my email confirmations but I was able to just go to the store and pick them up. A good Best Buy experience (unusual lol????).

Just picked up the 2 Kirby's I ordered w/ no probs. Wish I would have checked this prior to getting home seeing as sale in store too. Lame DQ9 sold out online (thanks people flipping tons of copies, actually just wanted 1 to play lol)

[quote name='mattcube64']Just an fyi - I believe you also need a state-issued ID. I know I always have.

As I mentioned earlier, I got my confirmation a little over an hour ago. Drove up to BB (about 10 min there, 10m back), and first looked to see if they had any Sly Collections left. They had one, figured I'd give it a shot and see if it's still $19.99 like it was last week. Had to wait in line for a good five minutes. But once to the register, things went pretty seamlessly. Unfortunately, Sly rang up $29.99. As I was getting ready to leave, I figured I'd go see if there was anything else left to blow my $10 GC on. It was then I saw a stack of $20 Sly collections. I went back to CS, and politely asked if she could honor it for $20 now that I had seen the stack and price. She went out, and claimed that the crooked signs me they're in the process of changing the tag, but that she would honor it anyway. She was very kind, and I think me being very nice in the beginning helped.

Anyway... yay! That means I managed:

Portal 2 $34.99 (+ 500RZ points, + $10 GC, + $10 GC for waiting too long)
Sly Collection for $19.99 - $10 GC = $10
Dragon Quest - $7

Total: $52 OoP for Portal 2, Sly Collection, DQIX, and $20 in GCs. :bouncy:

5653865213_882d88f906.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you didn't get a chance to pickup Portal 2 earlier? the preorder deal ended last Monday. also, how'd you get an extra $10 GC "for waiting too long"?

when I picked up mine Tuesday, there was only one person in returns/exchanges and in store pickup. this guy with a blutooth earpiece was either exchanging or returning something. he had to have been there for a while (I waited over 15 min) and seemed like a fucking idiot. then after it was my turn, the lady took about 2 minutes to look for my order. also asked me if I had any other items despite the paper she just found with my order saying one item... later saw that guy standing on the line for the geek squad too...

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I'm guessing you didn't get a chance to pickup Portal 2 earlier? the preorder deal ended last Monday. also, how'd you get an extra $10 GC "for waiting too long"?

when I picked up mine Tuesday, there was only one person in returns/exchanges and in store pickup. this guy with a blutooth earpiece was either exchanging or returning something. he had to have been there for a while (I waited over 15 min) and seemed like a fucking idiot. then after it was my turn, the lady took about 2 minutes to look for my order. also asked me if I had any other items despite the paper she just found with my order saying one item... later saw that guy standing on the line for the geek squad too...[/QUOTE]

I wrote out a longform response to this in another thread (The Portal BB one), so you can check my post history. That said, the TL;DR version is I waited a good 30 minutes to get my game, and ended up having to do all the work. Then I had a small tussle when they opened my security box and I could hear/feel the disc shaking inside, but they wouldn't let me flip it out. Talked to the manager and got an additional $10 GC.

All right, walked in to Best Buy, showed them my confirmation number, and they had it right there behind the shelf for me. This is actually the first time that in-store pickup worked that way; in previous years (I don't go to BB often anymore) they would always go out to the floor and grab the games off the shelves.

Anyway, DQIX and Kirby for less than $30 is an awesome deal! Thanks OP!

Went and picked up my DQ today about 2 hours after they opened. Totally hassle free, walked in said I had an in store pick up for a DS game. They asked for my ID and came back with the game which was in a bin behind the customer service desk, asked to see the card I used and out I went. The cashier did mention something in passing how great of a deal that was so I smiled.

thanks op, just picked dragon quest up at my best buy, they had it ready under their counter when I got there. Just had to show ID and then I was good to go.

Did the 3ds offer end? I saw it last night on the website, and it is gone today. Planned on picking one up Wednesday..

Pretty upset that I missed DQ IX. Oh well. If anyone has an extra copy they'd sell me for cheap, I'd really appreciate it.

Kirby's Epic Yarn is looking pretty tempting right now too.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Pretty upset that I missed DQ IX. Oh well. If anyone has an extra copy they'd sell me for cheap, I'd really appreciate it.

Kirby's Epic Yarn is looking pretty tempting right now too.[/QUOTE]

someone a few pages back ordered 6, I dont know where the post is exactly but he might sell you one.

This might seem like a stupid question, but do you have to use their in-store pick-up system to get this deal? It seems like that's what everyone's doing and I'm just wondering if I'm missing something. Can I not just walk in and snag a copy of Kirby at some point?

[quote name='Torik_Shai']This might seem like a stupid question, but do you have to use their in-store pick-up system to get this deal? It seems like that's what everyone's doing and I'm just wondering if I'm missing something. Can I not just walk in and snag a copy of Kirby at some point?[/QUOTE]

You totally can, just like I did earlier. It might be marked at $49.99, but it'll ring up at $19.99. Everyone has been doing in-store pickup because the sale started Sunday, when the stores were closed.

[quote name='NickNorman']You totally can, just like I did earlier. It might be marked at $49.99, but it'll ring up at $19.99. Everyone has been doing in-store pickup because the sale started Sunday, when the stores were closed.[/QUOTE]
Ah, of course. Like I said, stupid question. Thanks :D

argh...is $25 worth it for a Wiimote Plus? Need either a Motion or Mote Plus for when Zelda comes out. I just hate the fact that the one that comes with Flingsmash is Black and not White

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']argh...is $25 worth it for a Wiimote Plus? Need either a Motion or Mote Plus for when Zelda comes out. I just hate the fact that the one that comes with Flingsmash is Black and not White[/QUOTE]

The Wiimote on it's own is about $10 more. I actually have one white and one black Wiimote, so it's more sexy that way. :)

[quote name='Brother Daz']someone a few pages back ordered 6, I dont know where the post is exactly but he might sell you one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, but I wasn't able to find it either. Saw one guy who picked up 3, but he seemed reluctant to sell any. Actually he said he did sell one to a CAG, but I'm sure he's already been bombarded with requests and I don't want to be a pain about it. Congrats to everyone who got in on the deal.

[quote name='opportunity777']It looks like my order shipped! YAY! :)[/QUOTE]

Mine too.

Thanks OP.

Probably in for Transformers and FlingSmash, if just to have a 2nd remote around - and then both of mine will be motion plus compatible. Yay for my Portal 2 gift code.

bread's done
Back