Portal 2 FREE DLC OUT NOW!

EDIT: Guess I'm not out of trials, so I can exchange Professor Portal with the new dummy account.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tokitoki50']I just finished the single player. Anyone up for coop in the next few days?[/QUOTE]

Just finished SP as well and unfortunately, a friend whom I was supposed to be partaking in the co-op campaign with has been MIA for weeks, so I'm looking for anyone who has NOT touched co-op to do a playthrough.

PM or msg me on live ... hopefully something can be arranged. I hate sitting on this game. :cry:

Got to the last level of co-op with my girlfriend and we're stuck.
She can't keep up on the run across the bridge to the levers to get to the third area.
So I'm looking for someone to help me beat that last level and exchange a hug with. I need a few more of the co-op achievements too if you're into that thing. I'll be on later today and I'm on the west coast.

Hit me up at JosephWhiteIII.

[quote name='advanced']Got to the last level of co-op with my girlfriend and we're stuck.
She can't keep up on the run across the bridge to the levers to get to the third area.
So I'm looking for someone to help me beat that last level and exchange a hug with. I need a few more of the co-op achievements too if you're into that thing. I'll be on later today and I'm on the west coast.

Hit me up at JosephWhiteIII.[/QUOTE]
What do you mean by can't keep up?

Whenever I've played this with randoms, I always ping them to wait by the missing bridge area, then I go to the part with the lasers. Place one portal as close as you can to the laser slide spot (it should be by the right side of the wall, and your other portal as close as you can to the start of the missing bridge points, the left side of the wall).

It should look like this:

Guide:
[ ] - No lasers.
== - Lasers.
* - Switches on the opposite side of the missing bridge area.
B - The bridges that rise as "The Orange Box" slides between the related laser.
O - Where your portals should be.
X - Where you drop off "The Orange Box."
? - Where your partner should be waiting while you drop off "The Orange Box."
. - Meaningless. I just needed those to fill in the spaces for this vague map.

...........................__________
..........[...]...........|B*BB|BB*B|..3
..........==...3.......|................|
..........[...]...........BBBBBBBBBB..2
..........==...2.......|................|
..........[...]...........BBBBBBBBBB..1
..........==...1.......|................|
______[...]____...|................|__
|O.........X........|...|..?..............O|
|.....................|...|....................|

^Not exactly how it looks, but a rough representation.^

Only one of you should be going to drop off the orange coated box down the slide ramp for the laser switches. Then, just turn around, run through your portals and both of you race to the switches.

Whoever drops off the box should be running for the right side switch, since it's closer to the portal they'll be coming out of. The left switch should be hit by the person waiting at the missing bridge points.

By the time you drop off the box and have run through your portals, back to the missing bridge floors, the first bridge should be rising, since the box takes time to get to the first laser down the slide. If you're not there as the first bridge is rising, you're moving far too slow.

She doesn't play FPS games so she has a harder time with the controls. I knew how to do the puzzle, but she was having a hard time running across. We did finally get it though, as I ended up coaching her a bit better. She kept getting turned around. Thanks though! :)

Still looking for hugs/achievements!

I completed the single-player the other day. Fantastic game. The ending was great and (is this a spoiler?) the ending song is awesome again. I've yet to dive into co-op, but saving that for a friend.

I unlocked the last achievement on Monday. When I got to just over 700 gamerscore, I didn't think I'd unlock any more achievements. Really surprised I ended up getting the rest.

Beating chapter 4 coop without dying ended up being annoying. First try, we got to chamber 8 before dying and it was a stupid death. We figured we'd get it on the next try, but it was just one stupid mistake after another by both of us. Probably finally got it on our 10th attempt.

Finally played co-op last night with a friend for the first time. Holy shit was it fun. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a game this much.

[quote name='Hoffer']I unlocked the last achievement on Monday. When I got to just over 700 gamerscore, I didn't think I'd unlock any more achievements. Really surprised I ended up getting the rest.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the achievements turned out to be a lot less daunting than some of the descriptions made them sound. I did get lucky in that menikmati and I were able to get Still Alive on the first try. :cool:

Thanks to Rig for hooking me up with the Professor Portal achievement last night. Also, did anyone else think it was ridiculously awesome that
in order to solve the last co-op puzzle you had to figure out how to use "the orange box"
?? So creative.

I finally went back and got all the single-player achievements. Now i just have 9 co-op achievements to get. Anybody want to help me out? I guess if you don't have them we would be helping each other out... *wink wink*

I'm still in need of Professor Portal. Anyone here who hasn't started co-op yet willing to help me get it?

I almost got it with the help of a fellow CAG a couple weeks ago, but a bad connection doomed us right at the end, and we haven't really been on at the same time since. Can't tell you how much I'd appreciate help in getting this.

Played through this in the last four nights. 100% finished...except for Professor Portal. :/

Helped javery get his the other night.

If anyone is able to help, I'd appreciate it.
EDIT: All done. I finally had to find a 2-day Gold Trial for my girlfriends' account (to help my buddy out) and he used his roommates account for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in need of Professor Portal, Triple Crown, Still Alive and Friends List with Benefits.

I just got a new console, so I should have a free month with three new profiles made on the console. I am willing to help someone get the Professor Portal achievement if you are willing to help me get it. I think this should work. I'll make two new profiles, have you recover one on your machine and then we can do the achievement twice (once for you, once for me). We can get me the Friends List with Benefits achievement at the same time too.

Hit me up at JosephWhiteIII. :)

Cool. I was tempted to trade this back in to Amazon right after I 1000'ed it, when the value was >$30. Hopefully holding on to it was the right move.

I can probably play this weekend if anybody wants to run through co-op maps.
Am I missing something or did they not add achievements? Could be kind of nice so I don't have to worry about my 100%... ;-)

[quote name='Renegade Moose']Am I missing something or did they not add achievements? Could be kind of nice so I don't have to worry about my 100%... ;-)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, no new achievements. It would have been cool, but I'm in the same boat as you, it's also nice to know that your completion is secure. :lol:

I was a tad bummed that it is a co-op expansion, but only because I've been waiting for a friend to finally finish the campaign to go through the existing co-op. Well, I've abandoned that friend and found another to play through it. :) Then we'll tackle the new stuff. I'm excited.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah, no new achievements. It would have been cool, but I'm in the same boat as you, it's also nice to know that your completion is secure. :lol:[/QUOTE]Weird. I checked to see what the new achievements would be while I was downloading it this morning, and when I saw it still listed as 50/50, I thought they just hadn't been added yet because I hadn't finished downloading it.

I'd like to gripe about no new achievements, but when they're throwing more than a gig of new content to us for free, they make it tough to complain. :lol:

I played about 1/2 of the new levels last night with the guy I finished co-op with over the summer. They are amazing so far. I would have easily paid $10 for this content. This game is pure joy. When we were thinking up ways to solve the test chambers we were cracking up on how ridiculous it was - and then we turned out to be right. Awesome awesome awesome.

Finished up the DLC with my son yesterday. What a blast. Some really, really clever levels. I can't wait until they put out more DLC for Portal 2. I'll buy it Day One whatever they charge for it.

bread's done
Back