Portal 2, Mortal Kombat, SOCOM 4 - Deal Roundup

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here's a deal roundup on this week's big releases. These below offers may end anytime, likely on Tuesday.

[IMG-R=5838]22187[/IMG-R]Portal 2
iconamazon.gif
$59.99 + $15 credit at Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
$59.99/$49.99 + $10 gift card + $10 RZ points at Best Buy
icongs_r1.gif
Custom skins for Atlas & P-body co-op play at GameStop#
kmart.gif
Spend $40/get $15 ($120/$60)* + $10 off $20 XBLM or PSN card
icontoysrus_r1.gif
$15 gift card with Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat purchase, buy both, get a $50 card at Toys R Us
iconwalmart_r3.gif
$20 gift card at Walmart

Originally Posted by Ionotropic View Post
Just droppin in to say DO NOT BUY the Mortal Kombat guide by Primagames. It is incomplete and full of errors, and all Prima did was put out a PDF to fix it instead of issuing a recall and doing a reprint.

http://www.primagames.com/blog/2011/...#comment-69008
FYI, you can see the errata and download a free PDF with character cards including move sets here.
http://www.primagames.com/blog/2011/04/19/mkcards/?ref=primaflash&name=mkcards

[IMG-R=5838]22188[/IMG-R]Mortal Kombat
iconamazon.gif
$54.99 + $10 credit + Reptile Klassic at Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
$10 gift card + Subzero Klassic at Best Buy
icongs_r1.gif
Scorpion Klassic at GameStop#
kmart.gif
Spend $40/get $15 ($120/$60)* + $10 off $20 XBLM or PSN card (if you buy MK + Portal 2 + a $20 PSN card, the PSN card will be discounted twice and so be free)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Kitana Klassic + $15 gift card with Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat purchase, buy both, get a $50 card at Toys R Us BE AWARE $15 GIFT CARD EXPIRES 4/23/11!!
iconwalmart_r3.gif
$10 gift card + Mileena Klassic at Walmart

[IMG-R=5838]22189[/IMG-R]
SOCOM 4
iconamazon.gif
$57.99 + $10 credit at Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
$10 gift card + save $30 when purchased with Killzone 3, GT5 or LBP2 at Best Buy
icongs_r1.gif
Exclusive Abandoned Map at GameStop

*Kmart's spend $40 on gaming software, get $15 in gaming coupons (spend $120, get $60) promotion is valid on all gaming titles through Saturday.
#Gamestop has a 1,000 pt. reward on their Powerup Rewards Site LAUNCH WEEK ONLY for a coupon that gives you 50%/60% extra trade-in credit when trading in towards Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat.

Last edited by a moderator:
People have been saying that if you pre-ordered the Socom Full Deployment Edition from Best Buy, and you are in the reward zone you'll get the 500 bonus points + the 10 dollars for spending $150 on games. So 20 bucks on that as well.

Should the K-mart deal be added? It's not specific to these titles, but I think getting $60 in gaming coupons with the purchase of any two (details on the K-mart thread) of these is a pretty good deal.

[quote name='xrayzwei']Should the K-mart deal be added? It's not specific to these titles, but I think getting $60 in gaming coupons with the purchase of any two (details on the K-mart thread) of these is a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention the added discount on MS Points/PS Bux.

[quote name='mietha']TRU has a skin for MK as well. Kitana klassic I think, but I'm not sure. It's in the ad.[/QUOTE]

Only for people who pre-order? Or anyone who buys the game?

Thanks for this. I will tell my BF to go for Portal 2 at Best Buy, since it will be cheaper, and he can get the $10 RZ certificate, plus the gift card. Then if he chooses, he can just use the credit to buy an Amazon gift card.

Gamestop really needs to step it up as far as pre orders go. When you look at all of the other retailers offering discounts on day one, and/or gift cards, getting a simple skin for a character just won't cut it.

Re:portal 2- I take it most of these prices won't be valid instores tomorrow? Would really love to just pickup Portal 2 instore in the morning as I don't have to work tomorrow and release day delivery almost always reaches my house around 5 in the evening. Anyone had any luck convincing Best Buy to let you preorder at that price instore?

[quote name='traveler']Re:portal 2- I take it most of these prices won't be valid instores tomorrow? Would really love to just pickup Portal 2 instore in the morning as I don't have to work tomorrow and release day delivery almost always reaches my house around 5 in the evening. Anyone had any luck convincing Best Buy to let you preorder at that price instore?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy only charges you $5 for the preorders. They never charge for the whole amount until when you actually pick up the game. Basically it's a return the $5 and then rebuy at the price thing.

BB says that the 44.99 price is online only, so you can get around that by looking up the price on the website and check to see if it says "Online Only" any where near the price of the game. If it doesn't, let one of the employees know that it's cheaper online, then they will price match it. To be safe I would print out that page.

If it does say "Online Only", it's ymmv with what customer service/a manager may say.

And don't forget if you pre-order from best buy, you'll also get an additional 500 bonus points ($10) posted to your account ~35 days after purchase

[quote name='Burchamj']is the preordering still good today? i couldnt find it on the rewardzone website[/QUOTE]

Go to the 'Get Earning' Tab > 'Offers and Promotions' and you'll find portal 2 on the first page. If not, you can narrow your search down to 'Gamers Club' and you should find it there.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']How exactly does Kmart blow them all out of the water? Unless I missed something it is spend 150 to get 60 back correct?[/QUOTE]

It's spend $120+ and get $15 +$45 gaming coupon back. But yes, it's difficult to tally total purchase of $120 exact, more likely $130 for most people ($59.99 +$59.99 +$10). If you're buying Portal 2 alone, you can get the $15 back and an option to pick up a $20 PSN for $10 (Xbox point equivalent too).

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']How exactly does Kmart blow them all out of the water? Unless I missed something it is spend 150 to get 60 back correct?[/QUOTE]

lol, forgive him, he's drank the K-mart kool aid :)

also, the "deal" is spend $120 (so 2 $59.99 games would not be enough) and receive a $15 and $45 (total 60) gaming coupons which start the following sunday and only last for about a month i believe. You won't be able to use the 2 coupons together on one $59.99 game though, so it's not really a straight buy 2 get 1 free deal.

However, it is a decent deal if you wanted both game anyways, plus the "Sweetner" is you can buy a $20 xbox/psn card for half price when you buy mortal kombat or portal. However, the best deal by far on Portal is at bestbuy for $45 + 20 (10 via gift card, 10 via reward zone).

definitely a good week, I got the Gears 3 beta starting up today and Portal Kombat coming in from Amazon tomorrow. Gift card offers are always great.

I'm a little confused on the Best Buy MK deal. I preordered it to get the 500 gamer club points (basically $10). But now do I get a $10 gift card too for a total of $20? Either that's fantastic, or I'm just reading it wrong.

Ugh, is Best Buy going to do the same thing where you buy the game at $49.99 and are charged $10 for the Best Buy gift card?

[quote name='gus']Is kmart going to have the socom bundle?, and what would the credit be 15 or 60?[/QUOTE]

no full deployment at kmart

[quote name='Animekatt']Thanks for this. I will tell my BF to go for Portal 2 at Best Buy, since it will be cheaper, and he can get the $10 RZ certificate, plus the gift card. Then if he chooses, he can just use the credit to buy an Amazon gift card.

[/QUOTE]

Where do you buy the Amazon gift card at Best Buy? In store or online? Sorry, haven't shopped at BB for awhile. lol

[quote name='mr_bungle']bump, Portal is tempting at BB's price but meh..I'd rather just get MK this week.[/QUOTE]

I want MK too but not at these prices. Since Portal 2's sales are more fierce, I buy that first and wait for MK to be less than $30. Of course, if you are a big fan of MK, there's no reason to convice you. I'm not a big fan of either so I go with one with better sales and pick up the other when it's lower.

No wonder why Gamestop is the worst retailer in video games. Every other place is offering coupons and gift cards but not them. Target is a close second.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yes, basically.

You'll get a 10.00 giftcard just for picking it up.

If you pre-order and then purchase, you'll get the 500 points in your RZ account 30 days later.

Actually, if I pre-order Portal 2/MK today, will I be eligible for the bonus RZ points? That would actually beat the TRU deal.

EDIT According to this, you only get 500 points for Portal http://www.bestbuy.com/site/All+Entertainment+Offers/null/pcmcat206200050001.c?id=pcmcat206200050001[/QUOTE]

But that does not include these:
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Re...list-of-500-point-pre-order-games/td-p/247662

The TRU deal is sweet, I can get myself Portal 2, get Mortal Kombat for my girlfriend, and if I like it enough, use the $50 dift card for my own copy. Awesome deal AGAIN from TRU. Lets just hope for another awesome system glitch as a bonus.... lol

I had to jump on portal 2 at amazon, I spend enough at amazon that the $20 credit is like cash to me. I was a little disappointed they did not offer me release day shipping. I got release day shipping free with mass effect 2. Oh well, 5-8 days to knock off some other games while waiting for portal ha.

I had ordered release day shipping, and they cancelled it on me. Good thing I checked, huh? I'll pick it up with MK tomorrow at TRU after work and proceed to get my ass beaten in the netherrealm all day. Funny thing is I wasn't too excited about MK, but after playing the demo, it brought back some seriously fond gaming memories :)

Lets hope its as fun as it seems it will be!

why did amazon get rid of release delivery??? Now I have to wait till the 22nd to get it :(

I canceled to get the best buy order but then BB removed instore pickup which I wanted to do. Went back to amazon and only got 2 day release....damn it.

Maybe I waited too long to pre-order, I know with ME2 I waited until the day before I swear and got it the next day. On the game information page it shows the release day delivery information and says to select it at checkout. Maybe they haven't updated the product page to get rid of that.

[quote name='darknight88']why did amazon get rid of release delivery??? Now I have to wait till the 22nd to get it :(

I canceled to get the best buy order but then BB removed instore pickup which I wanted to do. Went back to amazon and only got 2 day release....damn it.[/QUOTE]

They didn't...mine's in transit for a hopeful tomorrow arrival.

Is it too late to preorder MK at Best Buy Online and still get the 500 bonus RZ points? I know you cant do it in store anymore, but I just had a RZ Certificate go through and that would seal the deal for me. Thanks!

TRU has the best deal by far for people getting both. Even $15gc for one is a tough to beat deal. Does TRU pricematch? What is their price adjustment policy?

[quote name='evophile']Is it too late to preorder MK at Best Buy Online and still get the 500 bonus RZ points? I know you cant do it in store anymore, but I just had a RZ Certificate go through and that would seal the deal for me. Thanks![/QUOTE]

also want to know? all i seen on the rewardzone site was portal 2..

When do you guys think Portal 2 will drop in price post-release? If I buy it now I won't be able to play it until around mid-June and I'm thinking I should wait. When do you see a sub $30 price happening? This summer or not until Black Friday?

bread's done
Back