Portal 2 PS3/Xbox $55 + $20 Egift Card at Walmart.com

Valve knows what they're doing. If they just include a code that's good for a full-version copy of Portal 2 on Steam, allowing users a fully functional PC version (in addition to the fully functional PS3 version), I'm sure the know some people are going to sell the other copy. I have my doubts that they'd do such a thing, since then there's no reason to buy the PC version....but if they did, they already incorporated the selling of the other version into their plans.

If that's not what they do, but people still find a way to effectively split the PC version and the PS3 version, then I start to have a problem....the more people who abuse whatever Valve/Sony put in place, the less likely something like this would happen again.

Exactly, at this point I am speculating and trying to get other peoples ideas on how this could happen to see if it'll be possible for me to split the cost with someone else. If it isn't possible I am sure I'll get the game eventually but the PC version won't make me buy it sooner since I would never use it. If I can save some money without cheating or stealing then I'll do it and so would almost anyone else here.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Valve knows what they're doing. If they just include a code that's good for a full-version copy of Portal 2 on Steam, allowing users a fully functional PC version (in addition to the fully functional PS3 version), I'm sure the know some people are going to sell the other copy. I have my doubts that they'd do such a thing, since then there's no reason to buy the PC version....but if they did, they already incorporated the selling of the other version into their plans.

If that's not what they do, but people still find a way to effectively split the PC version and the PS3 version, then I start to have a problem....the more people who abuse whatever Valve/Sony put in place, the less likely something like this would happen again.[/QUOTE]

After having read a few articles, there's no way it's going to work. It's been said numerous times that you MUST link your PSN and Steam account for your free copy of Portal 2 on PC. IE Portal 2 is going to do an online verification via PSN, you know, kinda like every other Steamworks game in existence. At this point in time both of your copies of Poral, the PS3 and PC, are going to be tied to YOUR PSN and Steam account.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']So what you're telling me is that purchasing a copy of Portal 2 for PS3, and then scalping the "free" Portal 2 voucher given to YOU to someone who wants it for PC in leiu of them purchasing the game themselves isn't costing Valve any money? :lol: I don't doubt that the EULA will explicitly say this isn't permissible. Maybe I should have just let the pages of people discussing if they will actually be able to get away with this speak for itself.[/QUOTE]

People with pictures of baby penguins that just joined the site disgust me, but I guess we all get our kicks differently..

Anyway, maybe you should understand that some of us actually want games that aren't reliant on having to log in to something when it comes to console gaming. I can understand if you're buying a game on Steam, you already know what you're getting into. But if I'm buying a PS3 game, I don't want a code included with the game that makes it about the same value as a coaster if I choose to resell it if the game is weak or if I get tired of it.

And I'm sorry, but maybe you don't belong on this site if you're getting up in everyone else's business over something that doesn't really concern you in the first place. God forbid someone should look for value in something they are paying $55 for. :roll:

[quote name='Ryan_gf']After having read a few articles, there's no way it's going to work. It's been said numerous times that you MUST link your PSN and Steam account for your free copy of Portal 2 on PC. IE Portal 2 is going to do an online verification via PSN, you know, kinda like every other Steamworks game in existence. At this point in time both of your copies of Poral, the PS3 and PC, are going to be tied to YOUR PSN and Steam account.[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is the ONLY way to play it on PS3 is to register it on Steam as well otherwise the online will be locked out just like some EA games? If so I am SURE they'll have an item on PSN for $10 to unlock just online play (again just like EA does).

[quote name='Saix_XIII']So what you're saying is the ONLY way to play it on PS3 is to register it on Steam as well otherwise the online will be locked out just like some EA games? If so I am SURE they'll have an item on PSN for $10 to unlock just online play (again just like EA does).[/QUOTE]

No no no, I'm saying that the ONLY way to get your free copy of Portal 2 for PC is to register with Steam. And this isn't EA, this is Valve. Not to mention there is a difference between a $10 code to enable online functionality and a $10 code to enable a full copy of Portal 2

[quote name='etcrane']People with pictures of baby penguins that just joined the site disgust me, but I guess we all get our kicks differently..

Anyway, maybe you should understand that some of us actually want games that aren't reliant on having to log in to something when it comes to console gaming. I can understand if you're buying a game on Steam, you already know what you're getting into. But if I'm buying a PS3 game, I don't want a code included with the game that makes it about the same value as a coaster if I choose to resell it if the game is weak or if I get tired of it.

And I'm sorry, but maybe you don't belong on this site if you're getting up in everyone else's business over something that doesn't really concern you in the first place. God forbid someone should look for value in something they are paying $55 for. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Join date/avatar cheap shots? Ballsy ;)

[quote name='Ryan_gf']No no no, I'm saying that the ONLY way to get your free copy of Portal 2 for PC is to register with Steam. And this isn't EA, this is Valve. Not to mention there is a difference between a $10 code to enable online functionality and a $10 code to enable a full copy of Portal 2[/QUOTE]

So all I need to do is the following:
1: Buy Portal 2 on PS3
2: Log into my friends PSN acct and register my copy of Portal 2 so he can get it on PC
3: Play Portal 2 on my PSN account

Am I locked out of playing Portal 2 single-player on my account forever? If so I doubt any company would do that for a console game and if I am locked out of just the online I am sure there is going to be a way to buy an "item" from PSN to enable it. If I am understanding you correctly then I see no problem in me selling the PC version of Portal 2 from my PS3 copy.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']Join date/avatar cheap shots? Ballsy ;)[/QUOTE]

I had to start with a few quick punches before I got to the meat of the argument ;)

I can understand your concern with people cheating a game company, but Valve isn't some small, indie developer that will go under if people resell their PS3 copies of the game.

If anything, I honestly think the whole reason Valve is doing this PS3/PC thing is because most people who know Valve will buy on PC, but now .. if you buy on PS3 and think it sucks, you're still covered.

You have to remember this whole "Gabe loves PS3" thing is relatively new, and Valve has a ton of ass kissing to do with PS3 users who remember quotes from Valve about how much the PS3 sucked, coupled with terrible ports of the Orange box and no port of Left4Dead.

So I wouldn't be too concerned about Valve's ability to make money, this whole thing is going on because Valve is trying to make headway with PS3 consumers who were formerly scorned by the developer.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']So all I need to do is the following:
1: Buy Portal 2 on PS3
2: Log into my friends PSN acct and register my copy of Portal 2 so he can get it on PC
3: Play Portal 2 on my PSN account[/QUOTE]

At this point in time, your copy of Portal 2 is linked to his Steam/PSN accounts. Don't think for a second that Valve isn't going to have something implemented to keep the game locked to said accounts. DC Universe does the same thing. Once you register it with your PSN, it's only valid on said PSN.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']At this point in time, your copy of Portal 2 is linked to his Steam/PSN accounts. Don't think for a second that Valve isn't going to have something implemented to keep the game locked to said accounts. DC Universe does the same thing. Once you register it with your PSN, it's only valid on said PSN.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that EVERY SINGLE used copy of the game is worthless? Don't think for a second that would EVER happen.

[quote name='etcrane']I had to start with a few quick punches before I got to the meat of the argument ;)

I can understand your concern with people cheating a game company, but Valve isn't some small, indie developer that will go under if people resell their PS3 copies of the game.

If anything, I honestly think the whole reason Valve is doing this PS3/PC thing is because most people who know Valve will buy on PC, but now .. if you buy on PS3 and think it sucks, you're still covered.

You have to remember this whole "Gabe loves PS3" thing is relatively new, and Valve has a ton of ass kissing to do with PS3 users who remember quotes from Valve about how much the PS3 sucked, coupled with terrible ports of the Orange box and no port of Left4Dead.

So I wouldn't be too concerned about Valve's ability to make money, this whole thing is going on because Valve is trying to make headway with PS3 consumers who were formerly scorned by the developer.[/QUOTE]

Bear in mind Valve is a very PC minded developer. We might not like it, but what's to stop them from implementing CD Keys and online verification into their titles. And obviously the purpose behind the free copy is to sweeten the pot for PS3 users, there's just no way in hell Valve isn't savvy enough to protect their IP and not let people finagle 2 copys of the game from them. They use CD keys on PC, they are gonna use something on PSN too.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']So you're saying that EVERY SINGLE used copy of the game is worthless? Don't think for a second that would EVER happen.[/QUOTE]

Then do tell why it happened with DC Universe Online? And like I've said before, this is contingent on you linking your PSN and Steam accounts. So it's not going to be "EVERY SINGLE" copy of the game, just people who elected to cash in on the free copy for PC

[quote name='Ryan_gf']Bear in mind Valve is a very PC minded developer. We might not like it, but what's to stop them from implementing CD Keys and online verification into their titles. And obviously the purpose behind the free copy is to sweeten the pot for PS3 users, there's just no way in hell Valve isn't savvy enough to protect their IP and let people finagle 2 copys of the game from them. They use CD keys on PC, they are gonna use something on PSN too.[/QUOTE]

What's to stop them? Well, consumers choosing not to buy their product on PS3. I won't ... if that's how it turns out and I get confirmation before I open the game ... I'll just pick it up on Steam at a later date for 1/2 price ;) ;)

But here's something to consider ... Gamefly and Redbox and BB will most likely carry Portal 2, I know for sure that Gamefly will because it's listed. So it can't possibly work like DC Universe if it has already been prepped for rental services.

I think a more likely scenario could involve the co-op requiring Steam verification.

However, one thing you guys may not have considered is that the PC version might actually just be a free code ... because it gets Steam on PS3 users computers that may not have previously had Steam. And we all know how Steam is ... the crack of the PC world ... once you get a taste ... you don't stop ...

[quote name='Ryan_gf']Then do tell why it happened with DC Universe Online? And like I've said before, this is contingent on you linking your PSN and Steam accounts. So it's not going to be "EVERY SINGLE" copy of the game, just people who elected to cash in on the free copy for PC[/QUOTE]

Well if this is the case I personally won't be buying Portal 2 at all cause that is a dick move to say the least. I know Used game sales hurt companies which is why I support the $10 initiative 100% but to force you to own a console game forever is insane. When you buy a PC game you go in expecting that and the console market is vastly different from the PC market.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']So you're saying that EVERY SINGLE used copy of the game is worthless? Don't think for a second that would EVER happen.[/QUOTE]

No one knows at all what Valve's plans are...

They could make it both completely separate from each other, allowing anyone to sell the copy they don't want.

They could make it so you can connect your "copy" to any PSN account or Steam account you want, but you can't have both online at the same time (I consider this the likely scenario). Used copies would have functional single-player, but require an online-pass purchase.

Or they could do the link to PSN/make used versions completely worthless thing.

[quote name='Salamando3000']No one knows at all what Valve's plans are...

They could make it both completely separate from each other, allowing anyone to sell the copy they don't want.

They could make it so you can connect your "copy" to any PSN account or Steam account you want, but you can't have both online at the same time (I consider this the likely scenario). Used copies would have functional single-player, but require an online-pass purchase.

Or they could do the link to PSN/make used versions completely worthless thing.[/QUOTE]

True...I just hope Valve is smarter then Sony was with DCUO. Making all used/rental copies worthless is a bad move. Make me spend $10 via PSN to enable the online and I'm fine with that.

Seeing as how DCUO is an MMO, revenue stream is much more important and I don't doubt that's why they used that method of linking to a single PSN. But keep in mind, this isn't the only game to take such a route recently. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 requires an active PSN connection to play the game at ALL. Is this method of verification bad for console gaming? Oh hell yeah it is, but I think we should all know by now our interests are secondary to the publishers.

It should never be a requirement to be online to play a game unless it's an MMO, then it's obvious.

But say I don't want to sign in, just want to play. Say I am going to a friend's house without Internet, you get the picture.

[quote name='mr_bungle']It should never be a requirement to be online to play a game unless it's an MMO, then it's obvious.

But say I don't want to sign in, just want to play. Say I am going to a friend's house without Internet, you get the picture.[/QUOTE]

Steam sort of solves this with the offline mode, which isn't really ideal but at least it's something.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']After having read a few articles, there's no way it's going to work. It's been said numerous times that you MUST link your PSN and Steam account for your free copy of Portal 2 on PC. IE Portal 2 is going to do an online verification via PSN, you know, kinda like every other Steamworks game in existence. At this point in time both of your copies of Poral, the PS3 and PC, are going to be tied to YOUR PSN and Steam account.[/QUOTE]

^^^This.

As I stated on the first page of this topic, PS3 customers will receive a voucher code with their PS3 copy. You will input that voucher code into Steam (or both Steam and PSN) and then link your Steam account to your PSN account. It will not be a free PC copy you can simply give away unless you gave away your PS3 copy of the game with the voucher code in their entirety.

Personally I think this is a hell of a deal as I own some games on both PS3 and PC (like Portal). Sometimes I want to play Portal relaxed on my couch/bed or sometimes I want to play sitting in front of my PC (with better visuals). For people like me, this deal is awesome!

Still waiting for Amazon to PM as I have credit there...

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']^^^This.

As I stated on the first page of this topic, PS3 customers will receive a voucher code with their PS3 copy. You will input that voucher code into Steam (or both Steam and PSN) and then link your Steam account to your PSN account. It will not be a free PC copy you can simply give away unless you gave away your PS3 copy of the game with the voucher code in their entirety.

Personally I think this is a hell of a deal as I own some games on both PS3 and PC (like Portal). Sometimes I want to play Portal relaxed on my couch/bed or sometimes I want to play sitting in front of my PC (with better visuals). For people like me, this deal is awesome!

Still waiting for Amazon to PM as I have credit there...[/QUOTE]

How exactly would rental copies work then? ;)

I can see only being able to use the PC copy once obviously, but I don't see the PS3 copy being forced to link to one PS3/Steam account.

[quote name='etcrane']How exactly would rental copies work then? ;)

I can see only being able to use the PC copy once obviously, but I don't see the PS3 copy being forced to link to one PS3/Steam account.[/QUOTE]

As simple as not handing out the voucher for the PC copy with rental copies. I know Gamefly doesn't send the DLC codes out with rental copies, so I imagine that's all the more there would be to it. So far it would seem that it's not a "mandatory" registration/account linking, it's an optional one that comes with a bit in the way of incentive.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']As I stated on the first page of this topic, PS3 customers will receive a voucher code with their PS3 copy. You will input that voucher code into Steam (or both Steam and PSN) and then link your Steam account to your PSN account. It will not be a free PC copy you can simply give away unless you gave away your PS3 copy of the game with the voucher code in their entirety.[/QUOTE]

While the likely scenario (voucher in game, need to use voucher to link up a PSN account to a Steam account), it still leaves two big questions.

How functional will the PS3 version be without the voucher....fully functional, some features locked out, not functional at all...

What's to prevent a person from linking up their PSN account to someone else's Steam account.

I think the real important question here is "Will my PS3 copy unlock the inevitable TF2 hat?".

/runs

[quote name='etcrane']How exactly would rental copies work then? ;)

I can see only being able to use the PC copy once obviously, but I don't see the PS3 copy being forced to link to one PS3/Steam account.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Salamando3000']While the likely scenario (voucher in game, need to use voucher to link up a PSN account to a Steam account), it still leaves two big questions.

How functional will the PS3 version be without the voucher....fully functional, some features locked out, not functional at all...

What's to prevent a person from linking up their PSN account to someone else's Steam account.[/QUOTE]

I can only logically assume the same way EA sports games work with rental copies. They simply take out the voucher code for EA online passes.

The PS3 version of Portal 2 will be intact and fully playable without the voucher code for the Steam/PC version. Remember people, the Steam/PC free version is simply a free bonus to those that buy the PS3 version. The Steam code will not be required to play the PS3 version is any capacity.

The code is only required if you want to have a free download of the Steam/PC version. But only limited to the purchaser of the PS3 version to prevent people from obtaining a totally free copy or buying each version on the cheap on release (should people think they can simply split the costs of the PS3 version, and one person take the code for the "free" Steam version).

It doesn't work that way.

In more simple terms. You buy the PS3 version, and your bonus is the Steam version as well...for you and you only --as the only way to get it is to link your PSN account to your Steam account.

You guys aren't understanding something. The PC version of Portal 2 will be included with the PS3 version.
You will have to link your PSN account and Steam account to access the PC version and all of the steam features.

If you do that, and SELL the PS3 version, it WILL work for the next guy because there is no way to lock someone out from using a disc on their account or an offline PS3. It just won't come with the PC version, and they'll still be able to link up to Steam.

So whoever wants to get the PS3 copy, take the PC copy out and activate it and quickly trade/sell the PS3 copy, DO IT. I don't think any place will require DLC codes/vouchers to sell or trade

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I can only logically assume the same way EA sports games work with rental copies. They simply take out the voucher code for EA online passes.

The PS3 version of Portal 2 will be intact and fully playable without the voucher code for the Steam/PC version. Remember people, the Steam/PC free version is simply a free bonus to those that buy the PS3 version. The Steam code will not be required to play the PS3 version is any capacity.

The code is only required if you want to have a free download of the Steam/PC version. But only limited to the purchaser of the PS3 version to prevent people from obtaining a totally free copy or buying each version on the cheap on release (should people think they can simply split the costs of the PS3 version, and one person take the code for the "free" Steam version).

It doesn't work that way.

In more simple terms. You buy the PS3 version, and your bonus is the Steam version as well...for you and you only --as the only way to get it is to link your PSN account to your Steam account.[/QUOTE]

If, as you say, the PS3 version is fully intact without the voucher...what's to stop someone from (1) buying the PS3 version...(2) using the voucher and a PS3 to register a version under their Steam ID...(3) selling the PS3 version?

[quote name='Salamando3000']If, as you say, the PS3 version is fully intact without the voucher...what's to stop someone from (1) buying the PS3 version...(2) using the voucher and a PS3 to register a version under their Steam ID...(3) selling the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

Nothing. But they ended up buying the PS3 version of the game which means Sony and Valve both got what they wanted.

[quote name='Microshock']Nothing. But they ended up buying the PS3 version of the game which means Sony and Valve both got what they wanted.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Sony gets a ps3 sale and valve gets another potential steam user out of anyone who buys ps3 unknowingly. Win-win.

[quote name='Microshock']You guys aren't understanding something. The PC version of Portal 2 will be included with the PS3 version.
You will have to link your PSN account and Steam account to access the PC version and all of the steam features.

If you do that, and SELL the PS3 version, it WILL work for the next guy because there is no way to lock someone out from using a disc on their account or an offline PS3. It just won't come with the PC version, and they'll still be able to link up to Steam.

So whoever wants to get the PS3 copy, take the PC copy out and activate it and quickly trade/sell the PS3 copy, DO IT. I don't think any place will require DLC codes/vouchers to sell or trade[/QUOTE]

This makes the most sense to me as well, I just don't see how they could possibly lockdown the PS3 copy once you've gotten the PC copy that is included.

[quote name='Salamando3000']If, as you say, the PS3 version is fully intact without the voucher...what's to stop someone from (1) buying the PS3 version...(2) using the voucher and a PS3 to register a version under their Steam ID...(3) selling the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

Good question, but it would be no different than someone doing the same if they bought Madden 11, using the Online Pass, and selling the game off.

It comes down to either the seller being a moral person and letting the buyer know the code has been used or the buyer being educated to the facts concerning the situation. The difference is that the PS3 version of Portal 2 is still fully functional as its own game, sans free Steam version. Whereas Madden 11 would only be playable to a 2nd owner as a single-player experience due to the Online Pass code being previously used.

EDIT:

But to fully answer your question, pertaining to someone simply buying the PS3 version only to nab the Steam code, and then sell off the PS3 version...well...nothing really. Not at this point at least, based on current information.

But again, it comes down to those who are about to take advantage on an unsuspecting individual. If someone did this, only to sell off the game near retail price to someone who didn't know what the seller has done...that simply makes the seller a fucking douchebag who will get theirs in due time, in spades.

If someone sold it off, while informing the buyer (or the buyer was already informed and didn't care) at a particular price...then it's OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='etcrane']This makes the most sense to me as well, I just don't see how they could possibly lockdown the PS3 copy once you've gotten the PC copy that is included.[/QUOTE]

Depending on how much of the game uses Steam, they could lockdown as little as nothing to as much as everything. Even Single Player could require the user to be online and talking to the steam servers through the steam account you linked your PSN account to. I don't think they'll go that far, but it wouldn't be the first game to require an online connection for single player content....first on PS3? Possibly.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Good question, but it would be no different than someone doing the same if they bought Madden 11, using the Online Pass, and selling the game off.

It comes down to either the seller being a moral person and letting the buyer know the code has been used or the buyer being educated to the facts concerning the situation. The difference is that the PS3 version of Portal 2 is still fully functional as its own game, sans free Steam version. Whereas Madden 11 would only be playable to a 2nd owner as a single-player experience due to the Online Pass code being previously used.[/QUOTE]

The key difference in this example - the original buyer of Madden 11, while having the Online pass, doesn't still have Madden...they wouldn't be able to play the game unless they bought another copy of the game...with Portal, the original owner would still have a fully functional version of Portal 2 for the PC, and the other guy would have a fully functional version of Portal 2 for PS3.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Depending on how much of the game uses Steam, they could lockdown as little as nothing to as much as everything. Even Single Player could require the user to be online and talking to the steam servers through the steam account you linked your PSN account to. I don't think they'll go that far, but it wouldn't be the first game to require an online connection for single player content....first on PS3? Possibly.

The key difference in this example - the original buyer of Madden 11, while having the Online pass, doesn't still have Madden...they wouldn't be able to play the game unless they bought another copy of the game...with Portal, the original owner would still have a fully functional version of Portal 2 for the PC, and the other guy would have a fully functional version of Portal 2 for PS3.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree...see my edit up above. Sorry, had to make edits...I've been drinking straight tequila after I lost a bet and Shogun Rua got his ass whipped in tonight's UFC event. ;)

[quote name='Salamando3000']Depending on how much of the game uses Steam, they could lockdown as little as nothing to as much as everything. Even Single Player could require the user to be online and talking to the steam servers through the steam account you linked your PSN account to. I don't think they'll go that far, but it wouldn't be the first game to require an online connection for single player content....first on PS3? Possibly.[/QUOTE]

Lol ... I kind of doubt they would require your PS3 to be on in order to use the Steam version. Can you imagine "Oh, going to go play Portal on Steam, have to go downstairs to boot up the PS3, then turn on my PC, log in to Steam and open the game ... oh damn, the Portal 2 game isn't in the PS3 so I can't open it in Steam .. time to go back down stairs" ;) I know that's not entirely what you were alluding to but it will be interesting to see how much power Sony gives Valve in regards to control of the online experience.

[quote name='etcrane']Lol ... I kind of doubt they would require your PS3 to be on in order to use the Steam version. Can you imagine "Oh, going to go play Portal on Steam, have to go downstairs to boot up the PS3, then turn on my PC, log in to Steam and open the game ... oh damn, the Portal 2 game isn't in the PS3 so I can't open it in Steam .. time to go back down stairs" ;)[/QUOTE]

Not saying require the PS3 to be on to use the PC version...but rather they could require the PS3 version to be attached to a Steam account...such that when I'm playing Portal 2 on my PS3, it could check if Portal 2 was registered to the account I was currently playing under, and if not, lock me out of particular features. On the PC, I'd already be logged onto my Steam account, and they'd already be able to check if I had Portal registered.

But I believe the reason Valve's doing this with the PS3 version and not the 360 version is because Sony's giving them the freedom to actually incorporate Steam elements.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yes, I agree...see my edit up above. Sorry, had to make edits...I've been drinking straight tequila after I lost a bet and Shogun Rua got his ass whipped in tonight's UFC event. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, alls I can say now...if they do make it so the PS3 version is fully functional without the voucher for the Steam version...anybody want to buy the PS3 version?

I'm getting antsy waiting for amazon. Might have to bite soon...

My PS3 will see a ton of action next month, with SOCOM 4, Mortal Kombat, and of course Portal 2, all coming out on the same day.

[quote name='ShockandAww']

And did you mean a month later for LA Noire? I think the release date for that is May 17th.[/QUOTE]
Ooops, you're right. I havn't been paying too much attention because I already have it preordered from GoHastings. That's actually good news for my budget lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Newl']My PS3 will see a ton of action next month, with SOCOM 4, Mortal Kombat, and of course Portal 2, all coming out on the same day. Not to mention LA Noire a week later.[/QUOTE]
I dont know why they release every major title for April on the 19th. Wish theyd spread it out a little.

And did you mean a month later for LA Noire? I think the release date for that is May 17th.

[quote name='Newl']I'm getting antsy waiting for amazon. Might have to bite soon...

My PS3 will see a ton of action next month, with SOCOM 4, Mortal Kombat, and of course Portal 2, all coming out on the same day. Not to mention LA Noire a week later.[/QUOTE]

is there any harm in ordering then canceling if amazon matches?

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']
Personally I think this is a hell of a deal as I own some games on both PS3 and PC (like Portal). Sometimes I want to play Portal relaxed on my couch/bed or sometimes I want to play sitting in front of my PC (with better visuals). For people like me, this deal is awesome![/QUOTE]

Or just get an HTPC and get "better visuals" on your couch. Not a console bash, but you are mistaken if this is an either/or.

So is this like a trojan horse for Steam and eventually steam will supplement the PSNetwork ? If they had steam distribution on PS3 I think I'd never look back at my 360, except for the superior controller.

Even IF they required you to make a steam account for some online features like cross platform play and the steamworks stuff, it wouldnt matter.

The voucher is JUST to activate the PC version. It's not going to be for online features.

So when you sell it and the new guy gets it, he can use HIS PSN account and HIS steam account. The disc doesn't know the difference.

C'mon Amazon, don't make me give my $$ to Wal-Mart. I was going to wait for $30 but at $55-$20 GC and no tax at Amazon that is close enough.

[quote name='Bubbakja']So is this like a trojan horse for Steam and eventually steam will supplement the PSNetwork ? If they had steam distribution on PS3 I think I'd never look back at my 360, except for the superior controller.[/QUOTE]

POWER-A-Pro-Elite-Wireless-Controller-Front-1024x732.jpg

Power A wireless PS3 controller. Quality 3rd party pad that is a great option for 360 style controls on PS3.

bread's done
Back