Portal 2 releasing even earlier ?

Limet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Awesome, I'll take...........
Screw it, this isn't even worth making the joke

DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME DEALS!

The build up to this in the ARG was hilarious. Because Valve decided to go after the ARG players themselves, and recruit them toward the end to go silent and drop out of the ARG (or rather assume the role of being abducted somehow by GlaDOS, like something out of TRON), they formed a vacuum that was occupied by teenage retards.

The trolls among us, naturally, saw this as an opportunity to game the ARG, and they pulled it off well by steering everyone in the Ep3/HL3 direction. It seemed very unofficial, there were meaningless typos and obvious clues everywhere, but people bit hard just because OMG HALF LIFE 3. It's possible that it was official, I suppose, and HL3 is due any minute, but I doubt they'd do it in an ARG when they can do a subtle reveal in an actual game -- like Portal 2.

Good times. So yeah, buy more shit and maybe they'll release it a few hours early. I'm all for supporting indie developers, but at this point, who cares? It's released Saturday, Sunday, whatever. Tuesday works too.

EDIT: So yeah, I'm a moron, the HL3/Ep3 and Portal crossover portion of the ARG seems to be official. A reliable (official) source just dropped a password protected .rar that contains a txt file that is very explicit about the ties between the laboratories (Black Mesa and Aperture). They bring up a bit of HL2 lore. So maybe HL3? Maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
it seems to be making some progress. and from the looks of it, its gonna take a shit ton of people playing the games to get this to release early.

bread's done
Back