Portal 2 (Xbox/PS3) $55 + $20 Amazon Credit

ugh i can't decide what to get this game for. want to play it on pc, but most of my friends will be playing on xbox... ps3 version is so appealing with the free steam version.

Huzzah! One of the few games I'm willing to break my 'wait for a massive price drop to buy' rule. In for one.

No mention of a promotional credit when I check out with the PS3 version.. (normally there's a line saying Promotion and 0.00 charged).. is this happening for others?

I'm also dropping my "never buy games at release" for this one-- between the $20 credit, Steam version included with PS3 version, etc, it's a good enough deal to go for it. :)

[quote name='Justin42']No mention of a promotional credit when I check out.. (normally there's a line saying Promotion and 0.00 charged).. is this happening for others?[/QUOTE]
It'll be ok. It probably works now though if you want to reorder anyway for assurance. Just make sure to order a new copy then cancel the old just in case they bump the price up to full retail. They were just updating it when I posted because I was using check4change. Note though that the promo says: This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Promotions valid on all existing orders.

Man, about 8 bucks cheaper than retail stores (incl. tax), .99 cent release date delivery, and a $20 credit? In for one. Thanks OP.

I

very nice. preordered this a couple weeks ago to lock in at $54.99 just in case they added a $20 credit. now will use my existing credit and get it for $34.99!!!

Woohoo! I put in a pre-order with the hope that they'd match. I figured they might drop the $5 discount when doing so, though it looks like I didn't need to worry about that.

nice, i still have a walmart order, but i was buying that copy for a friend. now time to buy it for myself :D

[quote name='Justin42']No mention of a promotional credit when I check out with the PS3 version.. (normally there's a line saying Promotion and 0.00 charged).. is this happening for others?

I'm also dropping my "never buy games at release" for this one-- between the $20 credit, Steam version included with PS3 version, etc, it's a good enough deal to go for it. :)[/QUOTE]

I didn't see that "Promotion" line in my order either. I'm sure it will be ok though. I took a screenshot just in case.

Hey

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted the WalMart deal form the other thread and subsequently passed that info onto Amazon. I was waiting for Amazon to match this deal and am very glad they did -- PS3 version ordered.

i really enjoyed the first portal but ....I really dont think this should be made into a full game, i'd probably get bored after a while, gonna wait till it hits $20

[quote name='dchrisd']I didn't see that "Promotion" line in my order either. I'm sure it will be ok though .[/QUOTE]
Yeah it's amazon. I'm sure it will somehow get figured out. May try to reorder tonight to see if it shows up.

Used my 10 dollar mvc3 credit to get this for 44.99. I was planning to get the pc versiomn anyway and with 20 dollar credit? It is a no brainer.

Nice. I can return the Walmart order in store for a refund (apparently I can't cancel it since the gift card has already been mailed to me), receive the $20 credit from Amazon on this order, and keep the $20 Walmart giftcard as well. Woo! :D

Ordered Ps3. Not sure if i could play this game without a mouse, but since it comes with Steam Play apparently it doesn't matter =]

No chance those of us that got in on the short-lived $5 credit are going to have a problem, are we? I THINK this is the first time I've preordered with one credit promo, only to have it improved subsequently (but prior to release).

I went on and locked in at 54.99, but I my cancel. I know MK comes out same day, and I want it day 1. Portal 2, not as interested in.

It now shows out of stock via Amazon.

"We're sorry. The item Portal 2 is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page."

No love for PC, eh? Ah well, I can't justify paying more than $10 for this anyways. First game was fun for all of the day I played and beat it.

[quote name='Admiral Moo']It now shows out of stock via Amazon.

"We're sorry. The item Portal 2 is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page."[/QUOTE]
Bleh yep OOS for PS3 at the moment. They'll probably put the price back up at MSRP now.

Well darn. I missed out on the PS3 version. I guess I'll go back to waiting for another deal before I just get it on steam..

[quote name='Admiral Moo']It now shows out of stock via Amazon.

"We're sorry. The item Portal 2 is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page."[/QUOTE]
Came to say this, not available anymore :(

Already had it preordered for PS3! :D

"This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Promotions valid on all existing orders."

Woohoo!

bread's done
Back