Portal Gun replica 90,000 PUR points @ GS Power Up Rewards

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I know a lot of people wanted to get in on the limited edition runs of the Portal guns earlier this year (Chell, P-Body, Atlas) and weren't able to. Most of you know that NECA eventually released a non-limited version that could be customized to any of the three original models. Yes, this model involves placing decals and magnets on the gun. But I figure for those who may have plenty of PUR points sitting around, especially after the launch of the Wii U and 3DS XL this year, this might be a decent offer. It does say "limited edition" on the PUR page, but NECA has said this one isn't limited and it's likely only "limited" in terms of how many they're offering on the PUR site.

Here is a picture of it, if anyone is interested in seeing what it looks like, or how the magnets and decals work.

portalgunL.jpg

[quote name='Bankotsu']My lifetime points if I never spent it on anything isn't even enough to get that.[/QUOTE]

This is why they are so "limited." No need to carry that many if no one can afford to redeem them. ;)

Way to much, if i had that many points I'd buy one of the rare items they put up from time to time that have signatures of the developers.

Not worth it. You can buy one (with cash) just as easily and use your points on one of the more rare items they put up from time to time.

[quote name='cheapbastard']Is the original chell version, sought after?[/QUOTE]

Don't know about now, but when it was released, it sure was.

Id rather print out a 50$ off and other discount coupons with that 90,000 points. Why dont people with that many points or more do the same ? You could get a 50$ coupon and get a new release for 10$

[quote name='strait edge follower']Id rather print out a 50$ off and other discount coupons with that 90,000 points. Why dont people with that many points or more do the same ? You could get a 50$ coupon and get a new release for 10$[/QUOTE]

Because you could get a $100 Portal gun replica instead of $50 off a new release that will drop in value immediately....

Using small batches of points for $5 or $10 off pre-owned coupons is usually the best you can do, especially when they are running some sort of sale/promotion and they cost less points than usual, but otherwise, as mentioned already in this thread, a lot of points are best used for things that are truly limited and rare.

This reminds me of when I was a kid and we went to Chuck E. Cheese's and all of the really awesome prizes cost 80 billion tickets.

[quote name='GBAstar']This is 119 on Amazon (has been as low as $109) and was $99 at Thinkgeek before selling out.[/QUOTE]

90,000 points for $119 ... it's not that great of a deal if you think about it. 90,000 points can get you $112.50 if you put it only on used games. If you are smart about it and redeem them for more valuable coupons, then you can get more than $119.

bread's done
Back