Portal is Free (until May 24th)

Sweet, thanks!

Valve getting the hype machine going with the Mac release of Steam. Smart marketing. I'll grab it for the PC though, the price is right. I still never got around to passing it even though I have the Orange Box on Xbox 360.

[quote name='Tooki']How is this regional?[/QUOTE]

Some of us (including myself) only check this board on CAG.

Thanks OP.

So bought! (harhar) And for Mac.

[quote name='Griptor']Some of us (including myself) only check this board on CAG.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
Signed.

After I got my citizenship, I never bothered going to any other board here. Hell, my bookmark links directly to the main Canada page!

[quote name='Griptor']Some of us (including myself) only check this board on CAG.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. I personally appreciate any regional reposts because I only visit the Canada forum as well.

[quote name='help1']Bought 98 copies. Gonna wait until May 25th to sell them off.[/QUOTE]

If the pre-order bonus Cake isn't included, don't expect much business.

[quote name='penetratingpincer']If I downloaded Portal, can I still continue to play it after the 24th or does Steam force it to automatically uninstall since I didn't "buy" the game?[/QUOTE]

You'll still have it. It's yours. No one can take it away from you. Even if you get a new computer, or yours crashes or whatever, you can still re-download it since it would be in your history. I think.

For certain, it won't auto-uninstall or ask you for money.

I'd take full advantage of this... if I didn't already own Orange Box for PC AND 360, lol.

[quote name='Korahn']For certain, it won't auto-uninstall or ask you for money.[/QUOTE]

Your copy of Portal will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak. In the event that your copy of Portal does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']Topic didn't get moved. This is just the Canadian version of the topic.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I guess the topic I'm looking for dropped a good 2 or 3 pages.

Anyway... The game is no longer free.

bread's done
Back