Possible Amazon Cyber Monday Deals?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']I don't understand why they bothered putting Doom 3 BFG as a lightening deal for just $1 less.[/QUOTE]
Pretty standard Amazon video game deal practice. They take games that have already been pretty cheap, but maybe not moving as fast as they'd like. They then throw it up on a lightning deal or something, list the "regular price" at $5-10 above what it's been going for and list the sales price at pretty much the actual regular price +/- a buck or two.

These Amazon sales are so....sh*tty. I think I may get Journey Collector's Edition for 15, but then I remembered I just ordered 5 games for 10, 1 for 15, and 2 for 25 that will last me a very long time. I guess in the end, it's good that I can just walk away now lol

[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']I don't understand why they bothered putting Doom 3 BFG as a lightening deal for just $1 less.[/QUOTE]
Yeah they could have at least did it for $2 less to match pace with Newegg.

Okay guys...everything still on the list in the OP is on sale. You just need to search the game rather than click the game from that page. The prices are all meh.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Okay guys...everything still on the list in the OP is on sale. You just need to search the game rather than click the game from that page. The prices are all meh.[/QUOTE]
I clicked on a game and everything is blank where the price would be except for a message saying it's out of stock. Weird.

[quote name='Screwhead281']I clicked on a game and everything is blank where the price would be except for a message saying it's out of stock. Weird.[/QUOTE]
I'm an idiot. Finally did what you said and I'm seeing the same price the game had before. As in the price I saw a few days ago.

[quote name='Screwhead281']I'm an idiot. Finally did what you said and I'm seeing the same price the game had before. As in the price I saw a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

so how is this a deal

How much do you think those dualshock3 bundles gonna go on sale for? Already bought ratchet and clank but might go for infamous collection.

[quote name='redmangoose']How much do you think those dualshock3 bundles gonna go on sale for? Already bought ratchet and clank but might go for infamous collection.[/QUOTE]
The Infamous ones? $50 I believe, or $45. You can see the price in the deals calender page.

I didn't really expect much on cyber monday. I mean really what are the retailers going to offer that is better than black friday... Your going to have people raging for price adjustments if they offer stuff at an even lower price.

[quote name='htz']I didn't really expect much on cyber monday. I mean really what are the retailers going to offer that is better than black friday... Your going to have people raging for price adjustments if they offer stuff at an even lower price.[/QUOTE]

same was expecting + 5-10 over BF prices

[quote name='rogueweapon']does amazon price adjust if you just bought the game a few days ago?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the CS rep you get in the chat. I've heard some people get lucky and get a credit added to their account, and others getting nothing. If it hasn't shipped, cancel and rebuy, that's what I used to do.

[quote name='htka']Depends on the CS rep you get in the chat. I've heard some people get lucky and get a credit added to their account, and others getting nothing. If it hasn't shipped, cancel and rebuy, that's what I used to do.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks, I'll try it. I think XCOM is going down to $25 and I paid $35.

[quote name='rogueweapon']Ok thanks, I'll try it. I think XCOM is going down to $25 and I paid $35.[/QUOTE]

PS3 versions still that price.. I really dont get why the xbox version is $10 cheaper. Is there some bonus in it? Is there a difference between the two?

[quote name='Kenshindono']PS3 versions still that price.. I really dont get why the xbox version is $10 cheaper. Is there some bonus in it? Is there a difference between the two?[/QUOTE]

Just checked...the PS3 version isn't even being sold by AMZ at the moment (newegg still has the PS3 version at $25). The 360 version is currently at $29.99.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Just checked...the PS3 version isn't even being sold by AMZ at the moment (newegg still has the PS3 version at $25). The 360 version is currently at $29.99.[/QUOTE]

I see $59.99 for xcom on newegg, am I missing something here?

[quote name='option.iv']This year's black friday and cyber monday overall seem like nothing compared to previous years.[/QUOTE]

You should have bought on Black Friday. I've been telling you guys that for the last two years Cyber Monday would at best have the same pricing as black friday and in most cases was about $5 higher.

[quote name='rogueweapon']does amazon price adjust if you just bought the game a few days ago?[/QUOTE]

They wouldn't do it for me on Battlefield 3 even though it was just a $5 difference and 1 day later. The chat rep went away for a long time and came back and told me the policy was no price matches whatsoever. I just have to return the $30 one and keep the $25 one I had to order after the chat. I figured I'd save us both hassle and ask for the $5 difference - but no, they want to make it harder, more expensive (for them), and less efficient overall :roll:.

[quote name='io']They wouldn't do it for me on Battlefield 3 even though it was just a $5 difference and 1 day later. The chat rep went away for a long time and came back and told me the policy was no price matches whatsoever. I just have to return the $30 one and keep the $25 one I had to order after the chat. I figured I'd save us both hassle and ask for the $5 difference - but no, they want to make it harder, more expensive (for them), and less efficient overall :roll:.[/QUOTE]
I ordered to Borderlands 2at $35.. and tried to get a price adjustment, they said I cant, just to return the 2 and reorder. Doesnt make sense, it cost them more..

I remember when you had 30 days to price match something you've purchased on amazon. I would literally buy things with no hesitation. Now, when something drops, I just keep waiting as it gets lower. Then, it jumps up in price, and I end up with nothing :whistle2:(

[quote name='vince726']I ordered to Borderlands 2at $35.. and tried to get a price adjustment, they said I cant, just to return the 2 and reorder. Doesnt make sense, it cost them more..[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't. How many people do you think are going to actually go through with a return to reorder at a $5 dollar price difference?

Unless amazon is paying for return shipping then you're done from the start. Unless its actually a price difference worth getting adjusted.

[quote name='vince726'] Doesnt make sense, it cost them more..[/QUOTE]
I would probably just eat the cost of the difference instead of returning it to them. I'm kind of cautious on the whole amazon will ban you if you return or ask for too much adjustment thing.

[quote name='htz']I would probably just eat the cost of the difference instead of returning it to them. I'm kind of cautious on the whole amazon will ban you if you return or ask for too much adjustment thing.[/QUOTE]

I doubt amazon will ban you for that.. It's more so the principle of who's stupid enough to do a return for a $5 dollar difference. Asking for a price adjustment is the only thing worthwhile.

After return shipping you'll get back like a $1 dollar and a big headache from the hassle. It's barely worth it with $10 bucks IMO. Once you see a 20 bill missing imo its then worthwhile to pay for return shipping.

I'm pretty sure if you have Prime you don't pay for return shipping, right? Hell, I'm doing it for just a $5 difference - but that's because I now have 2 of the game. So really at this point I have to think of it as getting $30 back, not a difference of $5.

[quote name='io']I'm pretty sure if you have Prime you don't pay for return shipping, right? Hell, I'm doing it for just a $5 difference - but that's because I now have 2 of the game. So really at this point I have to think of it as getting $30 back, not a difference of $5.[/QUOTE]

I think you do, unless you make out the return is their fault somehow, if not I think you'll have to pay return shipping, I always have.

Also as someone bought it up, doing too many returns is exactly the kind of thing Amazon will ban you for. You probably have to do quite a few though before it comes to that.

[quote name='benjamouth']I think you do, unless you make out the return is their fault somehow, if not I think you'll have to pay return shipping, I always have.

Also as someone bought it up, doing too many returns is exactly the kind of thing Amazon will ban you for. You probably have to do quite a few though before it comes to that.[/QUOTE]

I'd say you'd have to do a whole lot of returns. More then anything that is propaganda used to deter those who wish to abuse the ease of amazon customers service.

You're also allowed to do infinite returns. Pretty sure even your state law plays into that. The part that could get you banned is if you have many returns and you fault amazon for the return making them pay for return shipping. Too many of those and I could see a problem. Other wise a consumer can return any item for any reason within the time period. It's not a brick and mortar store where all sales are final.

Missed out on Dishonored the other day, hoping to pick that up. Also I know it just came out, but any deals on Hitman? I've looked everywhere and couldn't find it for less than MSRP. Looking for PS3 version.

[quote name='io']They wouldn't do it for me on Battlefield 3 even though it was just a $5 difference and 1 day later. The chat rep went away for a long time and came back and told me the policy was no price matches whatsoever. I just have to return the $30 one and keep the $25 one I had to order after the chat. I figured I'd save us both hassle and ask for the $5 difference - but no, they want to make it harder, more expensive (for them), and less efficient overall :roll:.[/QUOTE]

if you complain enough on amazon they will ALWAYS give you the credit, even if you are wrong

just don't complain too many times..

[quote name='io']I'm pretty sure if you have Prime you don't pay for return shipping, right? Hell, I'm doing it for just a $5 difference - but that's because I now have 2 of the game. So really at this point I have to think of it as getting $30 back, not a difference of $5.[/QUOTE]
Your probably thinking of shoprunner. Shoprunner is the one that allows you to do free return shipping.

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']Missed out on Dishonored the other day, hoping to pick that up. Also I know it just came out, but any deals on Hitman? I've looked everywhere and couldn't find it for less than MSRP. Looking for PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy is doing a $10 or $20 coupon with putchase

[quote name='WV Matsui']Best Buy is doing a $10 or $20 coupon with putchase[/QUOTE]

I thought that was for pre order only. Thanks I'll check it again.

There was a time when Amazon was pretty awesome with price adjustments...I believe it was 30 days. Now it is 0 days. At the very least, they could do a price adjustment for anything that hasn't even arrived yet. I know at least one thing I ordered dropped in price by a few bucks and won't arrive until today or tomorrow, but I would probably have to fight just for the $2 difference.

So games like Super Smash Bros were on the list for 2 days and they no longer are there.
I'm checking the Price Tracker and it didn't even go on discount between today and yesterday, what the hell Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back