Possible Dreamcast and PS2 titles on PSN?

PSP compatibility for DC titles, PSP2 compatibility for PS2 titles.

Sonic Collection needs all the GBA games, they're among the few quality Sonic games not already included in other Sonic collections.

Import store would be great particularly because of the pricing Sony outlined($9.99-$39.99). Beats Play-Asia and other importers, especially if they add some subtitles to the games.

I would love to see at least the Greatest Hits PS2 titles released on PSN. Although, with my connection, it'll take all day to download one DVD. I hope there's some compression involved.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that this was Sony's plan all along. First they remove BC telling us its not what people want, then they release the games in the PSN store for people to spend money on. Its a devious scheme Sony, but I'm on to you...

Shenmue me, Jet Set Radio me, Chu Chu Rocket me, Skies of Arcadia Me, Sonic Adventure me and leave me alone. Trophy support and remove the glitches and I'll be good for a long time.

Would this mean Rez on PSN? Just curious. Although I won't play it since I barely played the XBLA version.

I want Ikaruga... let me say it again... IKARUGA.

I'd be nice that when you start up the DC game that it start up w/ the DC logo. Would be a good memory of the Dreamcast days.

Most of us figured Sony took out BC so they could sell PS2 titles on PSN -- no surprise there.

Exclusive DC games would be big news amongst moderately old school gamers; although honestly, I'm mainly interested in the SHUMPS.

fuck PSN. It would be awesome if Sega released an ultimate Dreamcast collection like they did with Genesis; upconverted to HD with trophies. It would never happpen but one can hope.

List of top 3 most wanted PSN DC games:
1. Skies of Arcadia
2. Power stones 1/2
3. Sonic adventure

I still own all 4 of those and my original dreamcast, but I would still buy them on the PSN. And also, how do you think Microsoft will respond to this if this actually happends in a year or so.

i would be happy with saturn games =/

fighters megamix, arcade perfect Darkstalkers, Xmen VS Street Fighter, Marvel VS Capcom (hell, if i could get a Vs series disc, i'd be happy)

[quote name='Saint Noir']Speaking of Saturn games... Shining Force 3 vol 1 - 3 would be awesome... seeing as vol 2 - 3 never made it out here.[/QUOTE]

Amen brother...preach the good word.

If they give us an option to download a software emulator to play our disc based games, then I don't care what they do. But there's no way in hell I'm replacing all 160 games in my PS2 collection.

The downloadable DC games sounds like a nice idea. And I would love it if Sega put some Saturn games on there (come on Panzer Dragoon Saga!).

[quote name='Vinny']If they give us an option to download a software emulator to play our disc based games, then I don't care what they do. But there's no way in hell I'm replacing all 160 games in my PS2 collection.

The downloadable DC games sounds like a nice idea. And I would love it if Sega put some Saturn games on there (come on Panzer Dragoon Saga!).[/QUOTE]

i dont believe thats possible. didnt the DC use its own proprietary disc, the GDROM?

@ramstoria

I'm pretty sure your correct on that the DC used a different disc, but either way Vinny was talking about PS2 games

The GDRom was capable of 1 gb or was it 1.2 gbs? Either way Sega was the only one that owned the plants to press them and outside of a few cd drives, not much supports them.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i dont believe thats possible. didnt the DC use its own proprietary disc, the GDROM?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blader16']@ramstoria

I'm pretty sure your correct on that the DC used a different disc, but either way Vinny was talking about PS2 games[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was talking about an emulator for PS2 games on the PS3. The DC issue was completely separate.

[quote name='Paco']The GDRom was capable of 1 gb or was it 1.2 gbs? Either way Sega was the only one that owned the plants to press them and outside of a few cd drives, not much supports them.[/QUOTE]

The GD held 1GB of data (or 970MB-ish) but most DC games fit on a CD-R.*wink*wink* Not sure why this matters though if DC games do come to the PSN.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, I was talking about an emulator for PS2 games on the PS3. The DC issue was completely separate.

The GD held 1GB of data (or 970MB-ish) but most DC games fit on a CD-R.*wink*wink* Not sure why this matters though if DC games do come to the PSN.[/QUOTE]

People were talking about the possibility of downloading a software emulator from the PSN store for DC and PS2 games.

Chu Chu Rocket, please! Please! The game that started the home console online gaming revolution! My namesake! Please!

[quote name='jh6269']Oh I so hope this is true, but I'd rather me able to buy PS2 titles on disc :([/QUOTE]

Amen to that. I'm hoping that Rockstar will follow Sony's lead and put the real PS2 GTA games(not those fuckin' PSP ports to PS2)on a single BR and release it for like $30.

That's about the ONLY collection of old games I'd rebuy and ONLY if they came on a physical disc format. fuck digital distribution. If I get sick of the game(s), I have ZERO rights to resell the damn things, since they're only a file on my PS3.

Would dreamcast games be able to work on the psp via psn purchase? How much would resident 2 or 3 be? he ll yeah to dreamcast games on psn and bring on saturn games
Maybe I should sell my perfect Guardian heroes?

[quote name='Ecofreak']Most of us figured Sony took out BC so they could sell PS2 titles on PSN -- no surprise there.

Exclusive DC games would be big news amongst moderately old school gamers; although honestly, I'm mainly interested in the SHUMPS.[/QUOTE]

Yup. It didn't take them very long either. Lets see what the excuse is going to be, before it was "Cost prohibitive" or "Not possible" for even software BC. :roll:

Downloadable Dreamcast games is a neat idea though.

I would love to see Demolition Racer from DC. Yeah I know Destruction Derby for PS1 is there, but I just find the PS1 games to be too dated. The DC version might still look ok. Damn shame no one has done a good demolition racing game this gen.

~S

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I would love to see Demolition Racer from DC. Yeah I know Destruction Derby for PS1 is there, but I just find the PS1 games to be too dated. The DC version might still look ok. Damn shame no one has done a good demolition racing game this gen.

~S[/QUOTE]

Ditto, even a PSN/XBLA would be fine. Wouldn't mind seeing the guys who make Flatout make just a demolition game...then again, if you think about it, Demolition Derby had some longer tracks where you raced as well...still, something more focused on demolition derby's would be nice.

The ultimate for me would be take motorstorm, and add demolition too it. i.e. the damage model, and point system of Demolition Racer/Destruction Derby. MS has perfect environments, great graphics, and nice arcadey feel.
~S

[quote name='snowsquirrel']The ultimate for me would be take motorstorm, and add demolition too it. i.e. the damage model, and point system of Demolition Racer/Destruction Derby. MS has perfect environments, great graphics, and nice arcadey feel.
~S[/QUOTE]

They would need to add a few more vehicles with parts that can fly off but that would be a good start.

I'd buy Toy Commander again. I remember I got it for xmas one year, and spent 2 days doing nothing but eating homemade macaroni and playing through that. Best Christmas ever.

bread's done
Back