Possible ESPN NFL 2k5 deal

sididiq

CAGiversary!
I was reading on the gamefaqs boards that ebgames has an in store deal that when you trade in any 2 non-sports ps2 or xbox titles they give you espn fottball for free. I have not confirmed it but i'm going to try later this week.

That would be a pretty good deal, but I went to Target to get a raincheck for Red Dead Revolver.

That's 40% off, and I plan to use it on NFL 2k5 to get it for $12.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']That would be a pretty good deal, but I went to Target to get a raincheck for Red Dead Revolver.

That's 40% off, and I plan to use it on NFL 2k5 to get it for $12.[/quote]

I'd think it would be a better use of that raincheck if you bought something that is normally full price, no? $8 savings vs. $20?

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']That would be a pretty good deal, but I went to Target to get a raincheck for Red Dead Revolver.

That's 40% off, and I plan to use it on NFL 2k5 to get it for $12.[/quote]

I'd think it would be a better use of that raincheck if you bought something that is normally full price, no? $8 savings vs. $20?[/quote]

Very true, but you can get as many rainchecks as you want. And paying $12 is a lot better than paying $20.

this would be a great deal becasue i have many old sports titles i never play....and could upgrade for free!

[quote name='vanlandw']this would be a great deal becasue i have many old sports titles i never play....and could upgrade for free![/quote]

It says two non-sports titles, not two sports titles. I don't have any games right now that I'd like to get $10 for, so I'll use the raincheck.

Why don't you just get it at Best Buy and use the GGC to get it for $15? The GGC is free, and you still get about the same discount as if you used that raincheck on it. Then turn around and use the raincheck on something more expensive to get a discount.

Jeremy

[quote name='jrutz']Why don't you just get it at Best Buy and use the GGC to get it for $15? The GGC is free, and you still get about the same discount as if you used that raincheck on it. Then turn around and use the raincheck on something more expensive to get a discount.

Jeremy[/quote]

Because, like I said before, you can get as many rainchecks as you want, and I'd rather pay $12 than even $15. Who wouldn't?

Besides, I've spent a lot of damn money this month on games, and 2k5 will probably be the last game I buy for a while. Well, that is until the next killer deal comes along.

I'm heading down to EB tomorrow to trade in Syberia and Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance.

God bless Circuit City. :)

[quote name='sying']You Cheap Asses!!![/quote]

Capt. Obvious, meet Cpl. Apparent and MSgt. Straighforward. They'll be your bunk mates, so play nice.

[quote name='Minger']the coupon from there starts in like 2 months....[/quote]

No its already active. Started on March 1st and runs till October. So it would work now.

Edit: Just looked now and you may have a right point.

[quote name='yeahokthenfu']So all this talk about saving money, but no one has confirmed this deal.[/quote]

If you mean the EB deal, it is confirmed. I called them on Saturday to make sure Syberia and MGS 2 would work for the trade-ins and they said yes.

I can second that confirmation. I went to EB yesterday, and it was in their "summer deals" brochure. I asked the guy about it but he didnt know much because he said that the ad just came out yesterday, and all he knew was that you didn't know what games would work with the trade-in until he rang them up.

Just got back from EB. They refused to take Metal Gear Solid 2 (after they said they would on Saturday) but luckily I brought a bunch of other games with me just in case. They ended up taking Syberia and Star Wars : Clone Wars for it, which is fine, since I wasn't going to play those games anyway and would rather keep MGS 2.

Total cost paid for ESPN 2k5 is under $12 and it will be waiting for me on Wednesday afternoon. :)

Ugh, I was hoping they really would take any non-sports title. My local EBX is pretty bad about what they take. I may head over with a stack of games I don't want and see if any two would work, but I may decide it's just too much hastle and pick it up for $15 at BB.

BTW, is this deal only good as a pre-order? (Hopefully not.)

Could somebody be nice enough to call their EB for me and see if these games will work in the deal? My EB is long distance, and I know that just b/c they work at one, they might not work at all EBs but hey, it's worth a shot. Also, I thought Cube games were included as well? If not, don't worry about them. Here's the games:

Red Faction-PS2
Luigi's Mansion-GC
GTA3-PS2
Star Wars: Rogue Leader-GC
Gran Turismo 3- PS2
Tony Hawk 3 and 4- GC and PS2 respectively

I was already going up my local EB next weekend to trade in some games and get ESPN, so this deal is perfect timing for me. Thanks to anyone that helps!

On a side note, anyone know if EB is still running the trade 2 get $20 off Halo 2 and some other games deal? And is WWE Wrestlemania XIX excluded from trade?

Just talked to the EB guy on the phone it is a valid deal, but only for the rest of today and tomorrow till they get the shipment of the game in.

There's really no way to know what games they will take. The guy at EB said they don't know what games the computer will accept until they scan them in.

The best bet is to CALL THEM and ask.

there has to be sum games that wont apply, such as any that are worth like $7 or less, caz they wont hardly break even...
othrwise, i wold easily buy out 2 jampacks and trade them for it making ESPN NFL 2005 a $5 game... :lol:

I just got back from my local EB here in Lake Jackson, TX and the guys there had no idea about the deal. They tried ringing up different combinations of the 4 game I brought (SWON, SSX3, Indiana Jones, Colin McRae 04 ) and none of them worked. So it may be YMMV, or the guys here are just clueless.

I was able to get in on the 3 for 1 trade at Hastings earlier in the day, with some of my less wanted CC games, so I wasn't too upset about not getting the EB deal....

[quote name='Benaorn']Do you guys think Dead to Right and Brute Force will work?[/quote]

Call them and ask.

i got the steal of the year for getting espn nfl 2k5

i traded genma onimusha and nfl fever 2003
THIS IS NO JOKE

plus i read the exclusion list and both games were on it

man the 2 games i traded were like .50 cents total i bet

I love it...this is the epitome of CAG. Sega comes out w/ a great game at $20 bucks and we're still trying to make it cheaper. :D

I went today and traded my crazy taxi 3 and bloodrayne that I got from CC for it. so its very real. woohoo im getting it tomorrow

So is this a preorder only deal? Will i have to go tomorrow before the shipment comes in to get in on this? Please let me know so I can go early if I must

I'm guessing it's preorder only. Most stores aren't allowed to sell their games early, anyway, but if you have any doubts just give 'em a call early to find out.

Eh...preorder only? And does the game go in stock today or tomorrow?

And if they dont accept the games I bring...well, best buy is 5 minutes away...heh

[quote name='Minger']Eh...preorder only? And does the game go in stock today or tomorrow?

And if they dont accept the games I bring...well, best buy is 5 minutes away...heh[/quote]

The game is on sale right now! I may go pick it up on lunch. If you guys missed out on the EB trade in, you must go the Target raincheck route. $12 is all I have to say.

It is not preorder only, it is a coupon from a flyer, not sure what the expiration date is tho but you can do it after the game comes out!

bread's done
Back