Possible Return of TV on DVD Blowout at Wal-Mart

XymerFF

CAGiversary!
About a year ago, i reported on some price changes on awhole bunch of TV ond DVDs going from 35-45 dollars dropping to 19.98 for a limited time. Well, today at work, I was doing price changes and a few titles went from 40 dollars to 19.98. As this is Wal-Mart it is most likely YMMV, but last years seemed to happen at every Wal-Mart. BTW, the prices are from the Lacey, WA store. If more price drops happen, I will update this thread.

Shows Now Ringing Up At $19.98

Gilmore Girls Season 5
Veronica Mars Season 1
The O.C. Season 1

Thats it for today, so I am hoping for more in the next few days. Good luck finding the ones you want where you live.

[quote name='yukine']Hopefully there will be some Seinfeld price drops, I need Seasons 4 and 5.[/quote]

Every Seinfeld season is on sale this week (13th-19th) at Circuit City for $19.99 each. (Probably B&M only, the website still shows them at $39.99.

[quote name='Kerig']Every Seinfeld season is on sale this week (13th-19th) at Circuit City for $19.99 each. (Probably B&M only, the website still shows them at $39.99.[/quote]

I love you Kerig.

Veronica Mars sounds good if this is going on. Never really paid any attention to when the show was on, but after the praise it has received I've gotta see what all the hype is a about.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Veronica Mars sounds good if this is going on. Never really paid any attention to when the show was on, but after the praise it has received I've gotta see what all the hype is a about.[/quote]

Its well worth it. I paid $40 for it and don't regret it.

I too had never seen an episode of it, and was immediately hooked right into the show. It needs more viewers, and hopefully with CW's pairing it with Gilmore Girls, it should pick up some curious GG watchers as well as regulars.

So go buy it and then watch the 3rd season, so hopefully viewership is up and they keep the show going.

Veronica!!! Season 2 drops on Tuesday. I'm so excited.

Season 3 premieres October 3rd on The CW, so you've got plenty of time to catch up.

Veronica Mars is well worth it for that price. I blind bought it a few months ago when Target had it for $22.99. It was a great purchase. I've got Season 2 ordered and I will catch up before Season 3 starts in October.

[quote name='nintendospy']Veronica Mars is well worth it for that price. I blind bought it a few months ago when Target had it for $22.99. It was a great purchase. I've got Season 2 ordered and I will catch up before Season 3 starts in October.[/quote]

Why does it start in October? Just curious.

BUY VERONICA MARS! Some amazing characters portrayed by amazing actors Kristin Bell, Jason Dohring, and Enrico Colantoni, among others. The storyline of the first season is one of the best murder-mysteries I've seen, with some very shocking and unsettling twists. It is also one of the best-looking shows I've seen on network television, with moody lighting and framing akin to a film noir in color.

The secondary characters such as Sheriff Lamb and the rival detective played by the fucking hilarious Ken Marino are also wonderfully shaped and performed. I could go on forever, Veronica Mars is one of the best shows on television and features a rich world brought to vivid life by all those involved.

BUY VERONICA MARS!

[quote name='supershammy']BUY VERONICA MARS! Some amazing characters portrayed by amazing actors Kristin Bell, Jason Dohring, and Enrico Colantoni, among others. The storyline of the first season is one of the best murder-mysteries I've seen, with some very shocking and unsettling twists. It is also one of the best-looking shows I've seen on network television, with moody lighting and framing akin to a film noir in color.

The secondary characters such as Sheriff Lamb and the rival detective played by the fucking hilarious Ken Marino are also wonderfully shaped and performed. I could go on forever, Veronica Mars is one of the best shows on television and features a rich world brought to vivid life by all those involved.

BUY VERONICA MARS![/QUOTE]
You know, I was going to try to encourage people to buy it, but I think you did it for me. ;)

Short version: one of the best written and best acted shows on TV. If you find it for $20, you won't regret the purchase. :D

Unfortunately, the CW hasn't picked up a full season for next fall. Hopefully, the episodes they did order will do well enough to change that...

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']You know, I was going to try to encourage people to buy it, but I think you did it for me. ;)

Short version: one of the best written and best acted shows on TV. If you find it for $20, you won't regret the purchase. :D

Unfortunately, the CW hasn't picked up a full season for next fall. Hopefully, the episodes they did order will do well enough to change that...[/quote]

That sucks that they didn't pick it up for a full season. Hopefully it will make it through the season untouched.

And for those Joss Whedon fanboys, he's a big fan of the show and wrote an episode for it as well.
atleast I think he did

[quote name='craven_fiend']That sucks that they didn't pick it up for a full season. Hopefully it will make it through the season untouched.

And for those Joss Whedon fanboys, he's a big fan of the show and wrote an episode for it as well.
atleast I think he did
[/quote]

Actually he only guest starred in an episode as a rent-a-car clerk and didn't write an episode.

As for the show, it reminds me of a following very much like how Buffy was when it got started. Lets hope it last just as long.

These are not Wal-Mart only drops...going on at CC as well.
Ad for 8/27 shows...

The O.C. : Season 2 >>>> $18.99 **** (Season 1 also available)

Nip/Tuck: Season 2 >>>> $18.99 **** (Season 1 also available)

Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season 2 >>>> $18.99 **** (Season 1 also available)

Entourage: Season 1 >>>> $18.99 ****

Gilmore Girls: Season 5 >>>> $18.99 **** (Season 4 also available)

[quote name='kidkash03']If I can find VM, I'll pick it up.[/quote]

Same here, unfortunately, non of the walmarts around here have it in.

My local Walmart doesn't have VM either. There are two other Walmarts near me, but I don't know when I'll have time to get to them.

bread's done
Back