Possible Shadow Hearts 1 reprint? $40 USED at GS B&M and GS.com

There's been a copy that's suddenly showed up at a Gamestop by my house recently, and it's not the promo copy but a normal copy. I'd have bought it if I didn't already have a promo copy from getting SH:FtNW.

I doubt it because it's already been reprinted once as it is. It's not worth reprinting again. Probably just extras or something dumped around everywhere.

I'd guess a reprint is possible. Gamequestdirect.com (king of the reprints lately) has it for $39.99, Gamestop.com has it used for $34.99 and there are a bunch of copies on eBay (not sure how many are normally for sale).

I suppose that some of these could be the promotional copy, but I just don't know for sure.

TBW

Yeah, I noticed on GQD that they are selling Shadow Hearts 1, 2 & 3 for like $90. I was thinking about biting but I already have 2 and I hear 3 sucks.

[quote name='Roufuss']GQD did this awhile ago, they probably just now sold it off to EB / GS.[/quote]

GQD striking again, I see. I had a feeling that they were behind it, but at least it's a great game worth the pricetag. :applause:

IMO what a waste of a reprint. At least they could have reprinted something that had more value to drag through the dirt like some more Atlus games or a few more GCN titles.

Rare, great game that is a series that was going for about $50 complete, hmmmm, sounds like a pretty good reprint to me. At least this game is good and people will buy it, unlike Rhapsody.
Persona 2 was a great game. Cubivore, weird, not worth owning. RE 2 and RE 3 are classics of course. Rhapsody, as stated, is not quality, only reprinted it because of the series it is in and it had value.

found a sealed copy at Gamecrazy 14.99 the other day for some reason the guy decided not to sell it to me when he rang it up.

Yeah, definetly reprint bought from gqd. You can see the R on the back of the sku, even though the disc clearly wasnt refurbished, just like rez, gitaroo, rhapsody, etc.

[quote name='CaoPi']found a sealed copy at Gamecrazy 14.99 the other day for some reason the guy decided not to sell it to me when he rang it up.[/QUOTE]

Did they give a reason? Wrong price perhaps? Otherwise, who are they to prevent a sale?

[quote name='opportunity777']IMO what a waste of a reprint. At least they could have reprinted something that had more value to drag through the dirt like some more Atlus games or a few more GCN titles.[/QUOTE]

Why did they have a reprint a quality game?! Why not reprint mediocre games like Rhapsody just because they're rare and no one has played it so they don't realize how crappy it is!?

That's basically what your post amounts to.

[quote name='Fatesealer']Did they give a reason? Wrong price perhaps? Otherwise, who are they to prevent a sale?[/QUOTE]I believe they have the right to refuse service, but I'm sure it's possible to complain to somebody higher up than them and get them in trouble for it.

[quote name='TimPV3']I believe they have the right to refuse service, but I'm sure it's possible to complain to somebody higher up than them and get them in trouble for it.[/QUOTE]

True, but let it be for a valid reason. Unless they were being a total ass and obnoxious, then sell them the game... :)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Why did they have a reprint a quality game?! Why not reprint mediocre games like Rhapsody just because they're rare and no one has played it so they don't realize how crappy it is!?

That's basically what your post amounts to.[/quote]
Agreed.

And, for the record, I was really, really disappointed with From the New World since I loved Covenant and the first in the series.

[quote name='Fatesealer']True, but let it be for a valid reason. Unless they were being a total ass and obnoxious, then sell them the game... :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'd hate to deny somebody a game so I could buy it myself, then have to explain it to my manager.

[quote name='opportunity777']IMO what a waste of a reprint. At least they could have reprinted something that had more value to drag through the dirt like some more Atlus games or a few more GCN titles.[/quote]

Well, the publisher/distributor still has to O.K. it and Atlus said in that article that creating scarcity is pretty much their M.O.

[quote name='Fatesealer']Did they give a reason? Wrong price perhaps? Otherwise, who are they to prevent a sale?[/quote]

yea I think thats some BS I asked how much it was and he looked it up in the system and says 14.99. AFter he rings it up he says he coudn't sell it to me because its a promo copy and locks it up in a caged fence in the back. Ain't that fishy now?

hey what you could have done was to ask if you could speak to the manager. Doing this usually gets the employee to sell your the game to avoid possible problems he may incure with the manager.

Atlus themselves are full of it in terms of scarcity. Didn't many of their recent "rare" games get reprinted - Disgaea, Phantom Brave, SMT Nocturne. DDS is still hard to find but when it came to the sequel it seems like they printed a lot more copies.

[quote name='CaoPi']yea I think thats some BS I asked how much it was and he looked it up in the system and says 14.99. AFter he rings it up he says he coudn't sell it to me because its a promo copy and locks it up in a caged fence in the back. Ain't that fishy now?[/QUOTE]

I bought one of these from a GC about a year ago. It was the freebie "Not For Resale" copy that they were supposed to give away with SHC preorders. They sold it to me no problem. I was actually a bit pissed that they sold me the "Not For Resale" free copy that they didn't pay for in the first place :D. This was back when you could order all the Shadow Hearts you wanted from Buy.com for $17 (and they were real copies). So, he sort of has a point, but he should have GIVEN it to you instead of selling it :D.

I'm beginning to think that he may have kept it for hisself? Since its locked up in the back (meaning only he will have access to it)...:lol: I mean GS/EB has no problem selling the Zelda promos....weird

I have a complete, nearly mint copy of this (the instruction manual has a minor scuff in the top left, nothing serious--everything else is great) that I'm looking to part with.... shoot me a cash offer if you're interested ;)

....Sorry to go off topic :p

Edit: SOLD! No more PMs, please :)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I have a complete, nearly mint copy of this (the instruction manual has a minor scuff in the top left, nothing serious--everything else is great) that I'm looking to part with.... shoot me a cash offer if you're interested ;)

....Sorry to go off topic :p[/quote]

$25 or CML?

[quote name='ZForce']3 doesn't suck, but it's also not as good as 2.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, though I believe the entire series is pretty over-rated.

Love the sig btw, just think if Somoa Joe was managed by the crazy bastard :razz:

GQD did this back in february and march. What is odd is that they ALSO reprinted Covenant, which at the time was still available in stores and just starting to get hard to find after being dirt common for the first year and a half it was out

Dave

[quote name='TimPV3']I believe they have the right to refuse service, but I'm sure it's possible to complain to somebody higher up than them and get them in trouble for it.[/QUOTE]

You should have instantly asked to speak to the manager or made a phone call to customer service on the spot. That guy should be fired, thats the most insane thing ever. Right to refuse service is just a lil law so that store managers can throw out homeless people for loitering.

Its not intended for clerks to decide to keep games for themselves, that is an instant on the spot firing.

BTW EB/GS were selling SH used for $29 couple weeks ago, there are tons of copies everywhere now

[quote name='depward']Agreed.

And, for the record, I was really, really disappointed with From the New World since I loved Covenant and the first in the series.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I am a huge fan of the series-- even played and enjoyed Koudelka (which should be considered part of the series despite its name and differences). Convenant is in the running for one of my favorite games of all time. Thus, I eagerly imported the Premium Box of FTNW and played through the game. I was disappointed about halfway through when I realized it sucked complete ass. How many ruin dungeons do we have to go through in a single game? Because the entire second half of the game was just dungeons that were ruins. Very repetitive ruins. The story was incredibly lame (like I said, it was ok in the first half, but just went down the toilet in the second half), and the changes to the battle system were for the worse. I hope Nautilus learned from the failure of this game and that they bring us another, better game for this series, but it seems unlikely. :(

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Same here. I am a huge fan of the series-- even played and enjoyed Koudelka (which should be considered part of the series despite its name and differences). Convenant is in the running for one of my favorite games of all time. Thus, I eagerly imported the Premium Box of FTNW and played through the game. I was disappointed about halfway through when I realized it sucked complete ass. How many ruin dungeons do we have to go through in a single game? Because the entire second half of the game was just dungeons that were ruins. Very repetitive ruins. The story was incredibly lame (like I said, it was ok in the first half, but just went down the toilet in the second half), and the changes to the battle system were for the worse. I hope Nautilus learned from the failure of this game and that they bring us another, better game for this series, but it seems unlikely. :([/QUOTE]

While I do agree with the disappointment of the game (although I think half of that is because I consider Covenant to be one of the best RPGs of all time), and agree with the points of criticism, FTNW does have its strong points. I thought the battle system was refined to near perfection, and the graphics and sound are still of high quality (The main battle theme and the final boss theme are amongst the best I've ever heard).

That being said, if you can get a Shadow Hearts (which should be mint) at GS for 24.99, and I think they sell Covenant for 17.99, I'd urge you to do so immediately

Dave

covenant out of stock most places
Im still trying to finish the first one, based on what ive read I think Ill skip FTNW

the first one is worth it - ignore the reviews. it is a good solid rpg, much better than many that have been produced over the years. less cliched. plus it is the sequel to koudelka, which was pretty cool too (at least in terms of story, the gameplay was only so-so). get sh1!!

[quote name='CaoPi']found a sealed copy at Gamecrazy 14.99 the other day for some reason the guy decided not to sell it to me when he rang it up.[/quote]

Get his A$$ Fired !

FYI PM me if you are interested, I have a copy w/ book/manual excellent condition

Looking to trade for equivalent value XBOX1 or PS1 games

bread's done
Back