(Possibly dead already) $5 credit towards any Amazon.com purchase (FB required)

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: Looks like it's already dead. I'll update you if this changes. Sheesh Amazon!

Amazon has another $5 offer for answer a question via Facebook:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/socialmedia/promotions/cp-anc-fusionreward/
TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1. The promotion is valid for a limited time only, and promotional credits are limited. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the promotion at any time.

2. Your Facebook account must be connected to Amazon to claim the promotional credit.

3. After you see the Share & Claim action confirmation, a $5 credit will be applied to your Amazon account and will remain there until it has been applied toward an eligible purchase or until it expires at 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2013, whichever occurs first.

4. Promotional credit may only be applied to the purchase of eligible items that are sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Promotional credit may not be applied to (i) the purchase of Amazon.com Gift Cards or (ii) items sold by sellers other than Amazon.com. For example, promotional credit may be applied to body wash offered by Amazon.com, but promotional credit may not be applied to the same body wash offered by other sellers on the Amazon.com website.

5. If you have not used the full $5 value of the promotional credit on an eligible purchase, we will automatically apply the remaining balance of your promotional credit on each of your additional eligible purchases until you have used its full value or until the promotional credit expires, whichever occurs first.

6. Void where prohibited and in case of fraud.

7. If you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid, and the promotional credit will not apply.

8. The promotion is not transferable, not for resale and is not redeemable for cash.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']I've done this like 3 times in the past and it's always gone smoothly. Maybe they put this up prematurely or something[/QUOTE]

Thats my thought process, although promotions like this for cars usually take place when the car comes out (usually late summer early fall)

Guess they just want us to post the ad on to our FB for advertisement. Marketing scheme!!!

Anyone contacted Amazon CS yet?

[quote name='ssjmichael']in a chat right now with amazon, let's see how this goes[/QUOTE]

give em hell lad!

[quote name='ssjmichael']in a chat right now with amazon, let's see how this goes[/QUOTE]

Don't bother with chat, they blow for things like this. Send an email directly to Jeff Bezos and you'll get way better treatment: [email protected]

I'm not going to try anything this time because I didn't get in on the deal, but in the past whenever I've emailed 'him' it's been worked out very quickly.

I usually see them do this for mp3 credits. It's usually only $2. I do recall before Black Friday there was a $5 credit offered but you had to place a minimum $25 order.

A $5 credit for no minimum order. When have they done this before?

Obviously some sort of mistake.

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']Don't bother with chat, they blow for things like this. Send an email directly to Jeff Bezos and you'll get way better treatment: [email protected]

I'm not going to try anything this time because I didn't get in on the deal, but in the past whenever I've emailed 'him' it's been worked out very quickly.[/QUOTE]

I've never had much problems with the chat with stuff like this.

Actually, in it now and the woman just credited my account.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']I usually see them do this for mp3 credits. It's usually only $2. I do recall before Black Friday there was a $5 credit offered but you had to place a minimum $25 order.

A $5 credit for no minimum order. When have they done this before?

Obviously some sort of mistake.[/QUOTE]

There usually is a minimum true, but usually they don't ask you to watch a video to get the credit either (though they did give it without actually requiring the vid to be watched). In any event, it's all botched up from the looks of it.

Got a $5 credit through their chat system

You are now connected to Tracy from Amazon.com.

Me: Hi, I just did a promotion where if I posted an answer to facebook and shared it, I qualified for a $5 Amazon credit. The credit however is not being applied to my account.

Tracy: Hello, my name is Tracy. I'm sorry to hear you have not received your Amazon credit. I'll be happy to help you.
Michael do you have the link you can provide me for that promotion?

Me: This was the link, but the facebook $5 offer was removed. I already shared it on my account and it said the $5 was applied to my account, but it doesn''t show up:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/socialmedia/promotions/cp-anc-fusionreward/ref=%26%2574%2561g%3d%2562l%2575r%2561yf%256fr%2575m%252d20?t&tag=cheapassgam08-20

Tracy: Thank you, one moment please.

Me: I don't know if you can see images but I took a screenshot of the $5 offer: http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/3460/5fbfusion.png

Tracy: I can see the picture however I am not able to read the terms and conditions. One moment please while I continue to research this.

Me: here are the terms, which I saved too:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1. The promotion is valid for a limited time only, and promotional credits are limited. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the promotion at any time.
2. Your Facebook account must be connected to Amazon to claim the promotional credit.
3. After you see the Share & Claim action confirmation, a $5 credit will be applied to your Amazon account and will remain there until it has been applied toward an eligible purchase or until it expires at 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2013, whichever occurs first.
4. Promotional credit may only be applied to the purchase of eligible items that are sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Promotional credit may not be applied to (i) the purchase of Amazon.com Gift Cards or (ii) items sold by sellers other than Amazon.com. For example, promotional credit may be applied to body wash offered by Amazon.com, but promotional credit may not be applied to the same body wash offered by other sellers on the Amazon.com website.
5. If you have not used the full $5 value of the promotional credit on an eligible purchase, we will automatically apply the remaining balance of your promotional credit on each of your additional eligible purchases until you have used its full value or until the promotional credit expires, whichever occurs first.
6. Void where prohibited and in case of fraud.
7. If you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid, and the promotional credit will not apply.
8. The promotion is not transferable, not for resale and is not redeemable for cash.

Tracy: Thank you Michael.

Michael, I'm issuing a $5.00 promotional certificate to your account. This amount will automatically apply the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You won't need a claim code. For more information about using your promotional certificate visit: http://www.amazon.com/help/promotionalcertificate
Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Same here, and so I cancelled the order and sent an e-mail requesting the return of my revoked credit.

The key to these situations with Amazon is not to freak out or be rude - just e-mail (never CHAT!) and ask nicely for what it is they said they'd deliver. In this case, they've paid you $5 credit to promote a shitty car on your Facebook page. They'll more than likely eat it, on this one, if I had to guess.

...if, for no other reason, because they can check out my account, see I'm a great customer, and realize that had they not revoked the $5 credit, they'd have sold $40 worth of shitty Warhammer 40k paperbacks gathering dust in the warehouse.

[quote name='cranky2']Same here, and so I cancelled the order and sent an e-mail requesting the return of my revoked credit.

The key to these situations with Amazon is not to freak out or be rude - just e-mail (never CHAT!) and ask nicely for what it is they said they'd deliver.[/QUOTE]

Never chat?

Man, I guess those of us who have had plenty of chat success stories were just imagining things.

Boy, am I glad I checked this thread even though I got in on the deal, as I wouldn't have known the $5 wasn't applying. I'm chatting with a rep right now and I want to ask: Has anyone else chatted recently with Amazon and gotten a non-American-named rep? ssjmichael's post has a "Tracy", and I'm speaking with a "Michael", and that's not what I'm used to seeing.

I'm just curious, that's all. I haven't done a chat in about a month.

[quote name='Vigilante']Boy, am I glad I checked this thread even though I got in on the deal, as I wouldn't have known the $5 wasn't applying. I'm chatting with a rep right now and I want to ask: Has anyone else chatted recently with Amazon and gotten a non-American-named rep? ssjmichael's post has a "Tracy", and I'm speaking with a "Michael", and that's not what I'm used to seeing.

I'm just curious, that's all. I haven't done a chat in about a month.[/QUOTE]

I get more the Njahaama type names, but on the rare occasion I get more "Americanized" names, the person I talked to a bit ago was named Joanna.

It seems more earlier in the day you are more likely to get those.

Here is my chat with CS... No go. :(

Me:Hello - I recently participated in the $5 credit for sharing: What I think about the new 2013 Ford Fusion promotion and the $5 didn’t get apply to my account. Can you look into this for me?11:00:15 AM
James:Hello Edward, my name is James. I'll be happy to look into your question.11:00:23 AM
James:I'm sorry to hear that you have problem with your promotion.11:01:00 AM
James: May I place you on hold for 1-2 minutes while I check this for you?11:02:15 AM

Me:No problem11:02:23 AM

James:Thanks for waiting, Edward. I need to look into the problem with this promotion, and it'll take a bit more time than usual. 11:04:11 AM
James:I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 24-48 hours with more information.11:04:19 AM

Me:Here is the link which it has been updated to show that the promotion has ended. (I was able to do this prior just to let you know):06:28 AM

James:Thanks for your information. 11:06:48 AM
James:I'll check with our marketing team regarding this promotion and get back to you via e-mail within 24-48 hours.

My Chat with Amazon CS:

Me: Hi, I just did a promotion where if I posted an answer to facebook and shared it, I qualified for a $5 Amazon credit. The credit however is not being applied to my account.

Veena:promo was expired, hence as an exception aplied $5 promo

Me:I'm sorry?

Veena:please allow me a minute or two while I research this for you.

Me:Thank you.
I did the promotion while it was still alive
It said $5 has been credited, but it doesn't show up when I try to checkout.

Veena:I'll apply $5 promotion redit to account.

Veena:promotional certificate has been issued.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me:So when I go to checkout next, it will show up?

Veena:Yes.

And BOOM... It works.

[quote name='acthechamp']My Chat with Amazon CS:

Veena:promo was expired, hence as an exception aplied $5 promo

Me:I'm sorry?

Veena:please allow me a minute or two while I research this for you.

I did the promotion while it was still alive
It said $5 has been credited, but it doesn't show up when I try to checkout.

Veena:I'll apply $5 promotion redit to account.

Veena:promotional certificate has been issued.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me:So when I go to checkout next, it will show up?

Veena:Yes.

And BOOM... It works.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I should hit up chat until I get a more willing associate. lol

Almost too easy.

[quote name='jkam']You are now connected to James from Amazon.com.
Me:I did the Ford Fusion promotion you had on your website. If I shared it, I would receive a $5 credit. I was about to check out, when I realized that the credit wasn't applied to my order.

James:Hello, my name is James. I'll be happy to help you.
I have applied the promo to the account.Is there anything else i can help you with today?

Me:No. Thank you very much.

James:You've been a pleasure to chat to. To close our chat, click "End Chat" in the window and Thanks for your time as I worked this out for you. Have a great day.[/QUOTE]

Denied...
James:I need to look into the problem with this promotion, and it'll take a bit more time than usual. I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 24-48 hours via e-mail with more information.

[quote name='slidecage']is 5 bucks worth getting you account banned.... i think not[/QUOTE]
agree, not worth it

[quote name='slidecage']is 5 bucks worth getting you account banned.... i think not[/QUOTE]

You aren't going to get banned unless you constantly take advantage of Amazon.

If you do that then you probably deserve to get banned.

How can you get banned? I'm on my phone so reading the last few pages is risky becausr my connection is poor atm.

I checked my account and the credit shows up.

[quote name='limelisa6481']Some people on SD are reporting that their promo credit are working again without contacting CS.[/QUOTE]

Woohoo! It's back! Lol.

still going on with that bit of idiocy I see.

[quote name='ssjmichael']still going on with that bit of idiocy I see.[/QUOTE]

If your account has too many exceptions, this *can* actually happen. I've been told as much by Amazon reps in the past.

Anyways, my credit is showing up again without having to contact customer service. Huzzah.

[quote name='whoknows']You aren't going to get banned unless you constantly take advantage of Amazon.

If you do that then you probably deserve to get banned.[/QUOTE]

back in 2011 i got one promo credit for a game case being cracked and was told i was under review and could have account banned

so you never know when they can put the ban card

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Seems dead, tells me the promotion has expired. Dang[/QUOTE]

I was going to do it when I saw the thread. Then I read it hit SD and knew it was already over.

[quote name='slidecage']back in 2011 i got one promo credit for a game case being cracked and was told i was under review and could have account banned

so you never know when they can put the ban card[/QUOTE]
There is obviously previous activity on your account that is being left out of this story. Bans aren't threatened for one order.

Dead for me.

This Promotion Has Ended

Thank you for visiting. We are glad to see customers are taking advantage of this reward. Unfortunately, all credits have been claimed and the promotion has ended.

bread's done
Back