Possibly scammed by NECR0SPAWN.(resovled)

crispydave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
For now im not calling him a scammer I am just advising people to not start any new trades with him. I started a trade with him my prototype for his Zen mp3 player. I sent first and he said he received it. He told me over a week ago the Zen would arrive in 2-3 days(that should of been a week ago saturday). Until this trade is done I would advise everyone to not start any trades with him.

again I AM NOT SAYING HE HAS SCAMMED ME!. I am just saying he is possibly trying to and to not start any new trades to be safe.

his profile:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=189147

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, possibly another scammer? Notify the mods first and they'll put him on time out. Also can you give us a link of his profile? Hope everything turns out good for you man, sorry to hear...

wow possibly another one? I think I got scammed by pr3mium in his lowball. Granted it wasn't the cost of a new retail game it was $4 but still...

Yamato PM'ed shrike about it so hopefully that gets resolved.

Sorry to hear about this. Shrike is the man when it comes to scammers and dealing with them. Good luck.

This is getting out of hand with all of the scammers. Too bad, I love trading on this site.

I will keep everyone updated about the situation. I PM'ed Necro asking what is going on and I am awaiting a response. The last PM I got from him was in response to me telling him I have not recieved the package and it was "hmmm that's weird I will check with my post office and get back to you". That was a few days ago.

The PO has been incredibly slow lately. I have gotten priority mail in 4-5 days and FC over 5. I don't know if it's just me, but it is possible it's the PO's fault.
Just stay on top of it for now.

If you've PM'd him and he hasn't responded by at least asking you to wait a few more days for delivery, then something might be wrong. I'd still wait a few more days before posting a topic like this though, not that you don't have a right to do it.

as I stated Mike I am posting this as a warning to people. Im not sure if he has scammed me or not. I just wan't to tell people to not start any new trades with him until this is worked out.

So, I am having a similar situation where I paid clearlyderanged $22 (PayPal) for KH and KH II on June 18th. I have not received the games or a PM from him since he said he would send them on June 22nd. Now he doesn't respond to anything I send him, how do I notify a Mod?

OK, so I went to Shrike's profile to PM him and it says.......BANNED!!?? This is weird if he is a Mod....hopefully I just had the wrong username. Any suggestions?

[quote name='LouieDiesel']OK, so I went to Shrike's profile to PM him and it says.......BANNED!!?? This is weird if he is a Mod....hopefully I just had the wrong username. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

His username is Shrike4242.

Ask him if he got a Delivery Confirmation number or its equivalent for tracking. If he did, he's probably legit. If he didn't, then you probably got scammed.

The ultimate way to usually get a response is to tell them you're going to to report them to law enforcement. If it still doesn't work, call up THEIR local police (not yours!) and file a criminal complaint. They'll take care of things.

Give it one more week. If no response, definitely do what you have to do. If he's saying he sent, but with no DC and no item in the mail, file it. If he has DC and it's updating or not updating, it's probably an issue with the PO.

I think he's either a slow, lazy ass trader who's buying some time or he's trying to pull a fast one on you. It's too early to tell either way, but make sure you keep trying and keeping all tabs on your PMs, info, etc. Keep the mods informed throughout this as well.

[quote name='Kevhouse0308']Ask him if he got a Delivery Confirmation number or its equivalent for tracking. If he did, he's probably legit. If he didn't, then you probably got scammed.

The ultimate way to usually get a response is to tell them you're going to to report them to law enforcement. If it still doesn't work, call up THEIR local police (not yours!) and file a criminal complaint. They'll take care of things.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Give certain people on here his address and all contact information you have and people can track down his facebook/XBL/phone number/whatever else. I would also definitely call his local police department and provide them with details. I'd wait a few more days before doing that, but I would definitely do it after giving mail ample time to deliver. He's already had ample time to communicate with you.

Hope this isn't a scam, I mean it seems very early to call him a scammer, he has a little bit of feedback, but seems weird that he would drop that for a copy of Prototype. People astound me though, committing mail fraud for such a little amount of money is just moronic, as is any amount for that matter. But jeopardizing lives/careers over a game or ~$60 otherwise, is absolutely silly.

Best of luck to you OP, hopefully this gets resolved promptly.

Guys this necrospawn is a bullshit artist, i have traded with him and it took a long time to complete the transaction. Ok, so i shipped my items the next morning and he pmed me saying he received and complimented my great packaging and fast shipping, two weeks later i pm him to see whats up. He says he shipped a day ago, lets say that date was (6/23) so im like ok do you have a dc number, he says no i lost it, a week later lets say (7/2) i get menila envelope in the mail with two games stuffed in unprotected, the date on the package says (6/29) and no delievery confirmation at all.

Regardless, everything arrived and was in great condition even with poor shipping

Dude. Sucks for you mang. What are you going to do? I checked his tradelist and he bumped his thread just this past weekend. He's from California apparently, do you know what specific city? Let me know and I can try to help you out (especially if he's nearby).

Unfortunately, I would say you got scammed. I feel bad for you crispydave. There are a lot of great traders on CAG, but it seems these arses are popping up more often (probably because the site has grown so much over the past few years). Call his local police and fill mail fraud charges with you PO. I hope it all works out for you and doesn't for him, in a bad way.

[quote name='crispydave']Anybody live near Temple City want to go knock on his door?[/QUOTE]

I live about 50 miles from Temple City. I know a few heads from TC.. so maybe I can try to find him and stuff? Do you have his name and a general idea of how old he is?

WOW this got real complicated real quick. I honestly don't have much of an excuse other than sheer laziness. Summer does that to me haha. I really hope not to be labeled as a scammer because of this. I apologize for the delay, but I promise I'll ship by monday with a TRACKING NUMBER. Please don't call the cops on me. ~_~

[quote name='NECR0SPAWN']WOW this got real complicated real quick. I honestly don't have much of an excuse other than sheer laziness. Summer does that to me haha. I really hope not to be labeled as a scammer because of this. I apologize for the delay, but I promise I'll ship by monday with a TRACKING NUMBER. Please don't call the cops on me. ~_~[/QUOTE]

If it's sorted, big props to you for (1) responding and (2) fixing it--- when/if you do.

I just now received a message from him:"Sorry, been out of town and havent been able to resend the player yet. Actually got a message from a member regarding the thread you made about me. I promise you I will send it out by monday with a tracking number. Sorry for the inconvenience."

[quote name='Freemason']good to hear, but what is complicated about dropping something into the mailbox and lifting the flag? pretty sad...[/QUOTE]

Because everyone doesn't do that. I always go to the post office,but that is no excuse for his laziness. First he said it was returned to him. Then he says he was to lazy. That really don't mesh.

[quote name='NECR0SPAWN']WOW this got real complicated real quick. I honestly don't have much of an excuse other than sheer laziness. Summer does that to me haha. I really hope not to be labeled as a scammer because of this.~_~[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't be trading then, no communication and then you say its because your too lazy to follow through with your obligations for a trade you agreed too and its real complicated that someone expects you to uphold your end of the deal?, I don't think anyone needs to label you as a scammer you've already labeled yourself with your statement.

[quote name='blissskr']You shouldn't be trading then, no communication and then you say its because your too lazy to follow through with your obligations for a trade you agreed too and its real complicated that someone expects you to uphold your end of the deal?, I don't think anyone needs to label you as a scammer you've already labeled yourself with your statement.[/QUOTE]

what the hell? I'm still upholding my end of the trade, it's just taking longer than usual. LAZY =/= SCAMMER

bread's done
Back