Possibly Trick Gamestop into extra 20% trade-in credit?

kabuki man

CAG Veteran
I've got a question because i'm considering trade-ins for GTA 4 as well as maybe something else.
Gamestop is offering an extra 20% trade-in credit when you put it towards the preorder of GTAIV. If i did the trade ins towards GTA4 and get the extra 20%, and then come back later and take some of the money off of the preorder and put it towards a new game, do i still keep the extra 20%?? Anyone tried this? If it works that'd be awesome.

Actually, there's a new deal going on... trade in 3 Xbox 360, Wii, or PS3 games and you get 20% more...

So it's basically the same (almost), but without the hastle. =)

(don't know when this starts, but we just got a pad of these ads)

I do it all the time. All they care about is the reservation, so as long as you aren't bad about it you should be fine.

I still usually buy a solid clips of the games I reserve, but I also am quick to toss a trade in on "random game that I care nothing for but has a power trade" just to flip it over to something I actually want, later.

Hmmm.... that might not be a bad idea either. Only problem with that is i'm only trading in 2 xbox360 games. I wonder if it would stack with the gta4 offer. I doubt it though, since they usually never let you stack specials. But if it did i could definitely round up another trade-in to throw in the mix.

bread's done
Back