"Post Your Favorites" Contest Winner: The VGM!!!! Congrats!

chickenhawk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
162 (100%)
CONTEST OVER.......WINNER: The VGM

Pick your prize and PM me!!

THE PRIZES
Custom Robo for Gamecube
Airforce Delta Strike for PS2
The Bouncer for PS2
Demon Stone for Xbox
Unreal Championship for Xbox

[quote name='onetrackmind']handing the controller over to lil dude to finish up the oddworld game you cant complete. :shame:[/QUOTE]

:lol: I actually played a bit last night and I think I am almost done. I am on the last chapter and I just fought the second spider thingy.

1) Katamari Damacy
2) Green Day
3) American Beauty

This isn't one of those things where we are supposed to make up ludicrously hilarious definitions for each category, is it? Like you discuss how Sakajewea was the forerunner of the great katamari, when she herded the indians in the great Indianing of 62?

Edit: The movie doesn't have to be current? I noticed people are not putting current ones. Use your adjectives more wisely!!

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']
thx for the contest, you're the man[/QUOTE]

Not a problem good sir! Thanks for posting the ads early!! You're the man! ;)

[quote name='chickenhawk']:lol: I actually played a bit last night and I think I am almost done. I am on the last chapter and I just fought the second spider thingy.[/QUOTE]

spoiler alert! omg, you ruined the whole fucking game for me...i didn't even know there was one spider thingy, let alone two :cry:

[quote name='chickenhawk']:lol: I actually played a bit last night and I think I am almost done. I am on the last chapter and I just fought the second spider thingy.[/QUOTE]

I ahte those spider things, you're very close to the ned... its about time, finally we can almost start a new competition.

my entry:
Game: Oddworld Strangers Wrath
Band: The Lawrence Arms
Movie: Taxi Driver

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']spoiler alert! omg, you ruined the whole fucking game for me...i didn't even know there was one spider thingy, let alone two :cry:[/QUOTE]

Added spoiler alert to the title. My bad! :lol:

[quote name='onetrackmind']I ahte those spider things, you're very close to the ned... its about time, finally we can almost start a new competition.

my entry:
Game: Gladius & Oddworld Strangers Wrath (tie)
Band: The Lawrence Arms
Movie: Taxi Driver[/QUOTE]

Rat bastard! Didn't you read the OP? You better edit your post before you get disqualified.

Yeah, I am thinking maybe this week I'll be done unless some boss give me a hard time. I might even beat shrike.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Rat bastard! Didn't you read the OP? You better edit your post before you get disqualified.

Yeah, I am thinking maybe this week I'll be done unless some boss give me a hard time. I might even beat shrike.[/QUOTE]

you rat bastard its like choosing between two hot broads... why cant i have both? The last boss is whats giving shrike problems, you just need to keepo running and stay behind cover

Game: MGS3: Substance
Band: The Arcade Fire
Movie: The Godfather, part I

thanks for the contest!

[quote name='onetrackmind']you rat bastard its like choosing between two hot broads... why cant i have both? The last boss is whats giving shrike problems, you just need to keepo running and stay behind cover[/QUOTE]

You can have both, but not for this contest. ;)

Maybe I'll slack off and play some today during "lunch." :D

EDIT: Is Gladius really that good? I got rid of that in my collection sell off. Doh!

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']1. Resident Evil 4 (GC)
2. The World Inferno Friendship Society
3. Slacker (not to be confused with Slackers)[/QUOTE]

Wow, I never thought I'd find someone else who like the World Inferno/Friendship Society. Amazing live act and totally fucked up to boot.

[quote name='Strell']
This isn't one of those things where we are supposed to make up ludicrously hilarious definitions for each category, is it? Like you discuss how Sakajewea was the forerunner of the great katamari, when she herded the indians in the great Indianing of 62?

Edit: The movie doesn't have to be current? I noticed people are not putting current ones. Use your adjectives more wisely!![/QUOTE]

No, no gimmicks....just post your favorites in each category.

Only the game has to be current generation. The artist/album and movie can be as old as is appropriate. Read the categories more closely....only category A says "current." ;)

[quote name='chickenhawk']EDIT: Is Gladius really that good? I got rid of that in my collection sell off. Doh![/QUOTE]

its not for everyone, the battles are really slowly paced but i loved it and usually im not into games like that. You basically assemble you're own group of fighters, which gives you a ton of options. You level up like in an rpg and also have an insane amount of weapons and armor to choose from. If you can tolerate slow battles where you use swing meters to determine how well you're combos are gonna hit, then you should like it.

[quote name='onetrackmind']handing the controller over to lil dude to finish up the oddworld game you cant complete. :shame:[/QUOTE]
ouch :rofl:

Count me in :D
a. Halo 2
b. Papa Roach (the new CD, not the old ;) )
c. Crash

[quote name='onetrackmind']its not for everyone, the battles are really slowly paced but i loved it and usually im not into games like that. You basically assemble you're own group of fighters, which gives you a ton of options. You level up like in an rpg and also have an insane amount of weapons and armor to choose from. If you can tolerate slow battles where you use swing meters to determine how well you're combos are gonna hit, then you should like it.[/QUOTE]

Hrrmmm.....not sure. It sounds like I might like it. The various options sound cool, but sometimes slower paced battles eat away at me. Sounds worth a try though. Bummer....maybe if I can get it very cheap again I'll rebuy it.

I haven't seen any 'recent' movies in a long time. Don't go to the theatre much, and most of my dvd rentals/purchases have been either TV on DVD or older films.

Gladius: I found it *very* slow paced. The battles were cool at first, and the optional 'swing meter' was nice [especially the fact that you could turn it off.] It takes a while to start fighting 'monsters' instead of people. The characters did have lots of various 'skills/spells' to use, so they could be quite diverse, but I just didn't get into the game. The slow pacing of both combat and story [even levelling up and equipping your characters was 'slow'] really made it a chore for me to play after a couple hours.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Wow, I never thought I'd find someone else who like the World Inferno/Friendship Society. Amazing live act and totally fucked up to boot.[/QUOTE]

Ive seen them live so many times, they are probably one of the best if not the best band ive ever seen live, are you going to hallowmass?

1.) Resident Evil 4
2.) Queens of the Stone Age
3.) "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

[quote name='AfroPig']a)Resident Evil 4
b)Talib Kweli
c)Robin Hood: Men in Tights[/QUOTE]

oh, RE4 was good - damn, now I want to change my answer :D

I can't image what the scoring system could be... but I may have an idea.

Whomever has the best taste, right? In that case, I already won. :O

Actually, I think I know what it is...

[quote name='Brak']I can't image what the scoring system could be... but I may have an idea.

Actually, I think I know what it is...[/QUOTE]

its obviously going to be based on length :roll:

[quote name='joevan']its obviously going to be based on length :roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm joking guys - its not based on length so I didn't win already. :D

[quote name='Brak']I can't image what the scoring system could be... but I may have an idea.

Actually, I think I know what it is...[/QUOTE]

:D Not exactly based on who has the best taste, but you are somewhat right. There is also the opportunity for bonus points, but again, I am not giving out that information as of yet.

By the way, this contest will likely last a week or two.

[quote name='maxwellhouse']
2. Propagandhi[/QUOTE]

I don't think I've met anyone else who likes these guys. I like 'em alot, but I only have one of their albums. How many do they have and which one is the best?

I believe they have 4 albums out now and a new one coming next week. My personal favorite is How to clean everything, but I've read this new one is the bees knees.

bread's done
Back