Posting Limitations

[quote name='RichD1']Can we please get rid of these damn 30 second between posts things? They're so goddamn frustrating, and make tabbed browsing pretty pointless as I wind up just sitting there staring for half a goddamn minute. Even worse, when I misspell something and go to edit, I even have to shaq-fuing wait to edit.

It's nothing but an excuse for the mods to be lazy. Get rid of it and make the mods do their damn job to get rid of spamming.[/quote]

I wasn't aware there was flood conrol on post editing, but thanks for breaking the news to me so politely. 8)

I think I have corrected the problem.
Give it a test for me.

Alrighty.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO
EDIT
PQRSTUVWXYZ

Fixed. Thanks. Now can you lower the normal post thign to 15-20 seconds? :)

[quote name='RichD1']Can we please get rid of these damn 30 second between posts things? They're so goddamn frustrating, and make tabbed browsing pretty pointless as I wind up just sitting there staring for half a goddamn minute. Even worse, when I misspell something and go to edit, I even have to shaq-fuing wait to edit.

It's nothing but an excuse for the mods to be lazy. Get rid of it and make the mods do their damn job to get rid of spamming.[/quote]

:roll:

Our resident troll speaks...

[quote name='daphatty'][quote name='RichD1']Can we please get rid of these damn 30 second between posts things? They're so goddamn frustrating, and make tabbed browsing pretty pointless as I wind up just sitting there staring for half a goddamn minute. Even worse, when I misspell something and go to edit, I even have to shaq-fuing wait to edit.

Our resident troll speaks...[/quote]

Hey stop wasting time and do your damn job. :wink:

[quote name='daphatty'][quote name='RichD1']Can we please get rid of these damn 30 second between posts things? They're so goddamn frustrating, and make tabbed browsing pretty pointless as I wind up just sitting there staring for half a goddamn minute. Even worse, when I misspell something and go to edit, I even have to shaq-fuing wait to edit.

Our resident troll speaks...[/quote]

Geez, took long enough to get that title.

Now that the editing thing is fixed, Im wholely happy with how the posting system works. Even if there is a huge conspiracy between cheapy and the mods to stifle my creative genius and output (JFK anyone? :p) its fine. My time is no more or less important than their's and something tells me they arent all just lounging around drinking margaritas at my expense. Well, except for daphatty, now THATS a lazy mofo. :p

The time limit on posting is fine. People who want it lowered just want to spam and raise their post count.

Thanks, but we don't need to give idiots the ability to post their +1 shit faster.

[quote name='RichD1']It's actually 110+ words per minute with ~1 mistake per minute.
[/quote]

Sounds about right. I think that's what I average.

[quote name='Scrubking']The time limit on posting is fine. People who want it lowered just want to spam and raise their post count.

Thanks, but we don't need to give idiots the ability to post their +1 shit faster.[/quote]

Heh, nice, you're got the special ability to talk out of your ass.

Find me a SINGLE case on these boards where I posted +1.

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='Scrubking']The time limit on posting is fine. People who want it lowered just want to spam and raise their post count.

Thanks, but we don't need to give idiots the ability to post their +1 shit faster.[/quote]

Find me a SINGLE case on these boards where I posted +1.[/quote]

That one right there? You got the change you wanted. There's really no reason for you to continue posting in the thread.

Well, one good thing came out of this thread. We got the EDIT time wait removed. This is good because sometimes you post something and realize you made an error that you want to fix before people read it. The other time wait period is just fine, especially since it is used to prevent spam.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='Scrubking']The time limit on posting is fine. People who want it lowered just want to spam and raise their post count.

That one right there? You got the change you wanted. There's really no reason for you to continue posting in the thread.[/quote]

Not really. When the actual time is decreased,I'll have achieved my goal. Now I have to wait to response to the suicide pool thread.

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='jmcc'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='Scrubking']The time limit on posting is fine. People who want it lowered just want to spam and raise their post count.

That one right there? You got the change you wanted. There's really no reason for you to continue posting in the thread.[/quote]

Not really. When the actual time is decreased,I'll have achieved my goal. Now I have to wait to response to the suicide pool thread.[/quote]

30 freaking seconds? Get over it.

I'm almost completely positive that if CheapyD gives in and removes the limit, someone is going to begin spamming the site just to prove a point. Hell, if I wasn't going to get banned for it, I'd do it.

Plain and simple, the limit will keep the site from going under because of spamming or a massive DOS attack. That's much more important than your precious thirty seconds to me, and it should be to most everyone else here as well.

Cheapy, thank you for removing the edit time limit. And thank you for NOT removing the time limit between posts.

Remove the the time limit between posts is a non-issue. If i did, that will make the forum more susceptible to spamming by 'bots.

[quote name='CheapyD']Remove the the time limit between posts is a non-issue. If i did, that will make the forum more susceptible to spamming by 'bots.[/quote]

Sounds like you need Old Glory Insurance.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='jmcc'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='Scrubking']The time limit on posting is fine. People who want it lowered just want to spam and raise their post count.

Not really. When the actual time is decreased,I'll have achieved my goal. Now I have to wait to response to the suicide pool thread.[/quote]

30 freaking seconds? Get over it.

I'm almost completely positive that if CheapyD gives in and removes the limit, someone is going to begin spamming the site just to prove a point. Hell, if I wasn't going to get banned for it, I'd do it.

Plain and simple, the limit will keep the site from going under because of spamming or a massive DOS attack. That's much more important than your precious thirty seconds to me, and it should be to most everyone else here as well.

Cheapy, thank you for removing the edit time limit. And thank you for NOT removing the time limit between posts.[/quote]

Here, let me quote myself for you:

decrease

[quote name='RichD1']Here, let me quote myself for you:

decrease[/quote]

No offense, but I doubt anything you or most anyone else here has ever posted has been important enough to have suffered from the post delay. It's not like we're passing around bomb defusion instructions or doing open heart surgery by remote here.

The major gripe that kicked this thread off has been dealt with... that really hurts any other points/agruments anyone attempts to mount.

I'm just wondering why this thread has 70 posts and my "CAG Banner Exchange - Pimp your website on CAG" thread has 3... :(

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm just wondering why this thread has 70 posts and my "CAG Banner Exchange - Pimp your website on CAG" thread has 3... :([/quote]

Well, no one's going to flame you for that, at least not seriously.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm just wondering why this thread has 70 posts and my "CAG Banner Exchange - Pimp your website on CAG" thread has 3... :([/quote]

Simple. I'm not there. I can go there and tell someone they're stupid and you'll have 200 posts in no time!

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='CheapyD']I'm just wondering why this thread has 70 posts and my "CAG Banner Exchange - Pimp your website on CAG" thread has 3... :([/quote]

Simple. I'm not there. I can go there and tell someone they're stupid and you'll have 200 posts in no time![/quote]

Yeah, there's probably some unreasonable, bafflingly useless demand you can make there, too. Like: "all the ads should be .mov files and have to be over 500k in size!"

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='CheapyD']I'm just wondering why this thread has 70 posts and my "CAG Banner Exchange - Pimp your website on CAG" thread has 3... :([/quote]

Simple. I'm not there. I can go there and tell someone they're stupid and you'll have 200 posts in no time![/quote]

Yeah, there's probably some unreasonable, bafflingly useless demand you can make there, too. Like: "all the ads should be .mov files and have to be over 500k in size!"[/quote]

Wow, you're so witty!

bread's done
Back