Potential Gamestop Loophole

Daran

CAGiversary!
I was looking at the trade in values on gamestop.com and found mention of a typo:

Trade 2 Wii games, get 1 Wii game free!

Expires: 07/08/2007. 2007 & older sports titles and Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire excluded from offer. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. Offer valid games priced $59.99 or less. See store associate for details. No dealers.

Link in question: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp

Now since it doesn't specify what games aren't excepted (because of the ps3 typo) they may potentially have to honor it because it is a messup on their part.

Im thinking of bringing in two Far Crys or Two Flushed aways or somthing and getting myself a Super Paper Mario or a Mario Party 8.

I'll try this tommarow and let yall know if it works.

It won't work. The computer does it automatically and no clerk is going to be that stupid. The signs in store will say otherwise. Sorry.

[quote name='Daran']Now since it doesn't specify what games aren't excepted (because of the ps3 typo) they may potentially have to honor it because it is a messup on their part.[/quote]

Trade-ins subject to manager approval.

It's Gamestop, if they wanted to ever "honor" anything, they would've stopped treating their customer demographic like shit a long time ago. Good luck though.

~HotShotX

[quote name='Daran']I was looking at the trade in values on gamestop.com and found mention of a typo:

Trade 2 Wii games, get 1 Wii game free!

Expires: 07/08/2007. 2007 & older sports titles and Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire excluded from offer. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. Offer valid games priced $59.99 or less. See store associate for details. No dealers.

Link in question: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp

Now since it doesn't specify what games aren't excepted (because of the ps3 typo) they may potentially have to honor it because it is a messup on their part.

Im thinking of bringing in two Far Crys or Two Flushed aways or somthing and getting myself a Super Paper Mario or a Mario Party 8.

I'll try this tommarow and let yall know if it works.[/quote]

It won't work. They have the sign in the store that specifically says the exclusions. Half the employees don't even know that they post the deals on the website as well, so you trying to reason with them is going to be pointless. They also have this disclaimer: Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime.

[quote name='DustBoogie'] The computer does it automatically and no clerk is going to be that stupid. [/quote]

No, the computer doesn't do this automatically.

Whoops, I was thinking of the trade 3 360 / get $20 promotion for some reason. Though with the way they've been making everything automated in the computers recently I figured they would have automated this for this time around.

/just quit GameStop on Sunday

Actually, last time they had this sale I printed the page out. Traded in Open Season and Far Cry, and asked for Super Paper Mario. They told me about this email they got about the exclusions and I showed him that the website said nothing about them. They ended up calling corporate, who told them to talk to the regional manager. He let me have and I walked out with a new copy of SPM.

I might just depend on how much of a ass the manager is, but the one here is pretty cool.

bread's done
Back