Potential new owner looking for a particular game, but not for me

BreakingPoint

CAGiversary!
Hello all! I have been thinking of buying a Vita for a while now. I used to have a PSP but ended up selling it because it went unused for a while. I eventually want to get a PS4 so I figured now is a good time to invest while you can still get the Vita with the better screen, plus it doesn't hurt there are some good deals on them! I know what sort of games I would like to play, but what I'm looking for is not for me. I would like to find something my wife would enjoy and we could share together in some gaming.

She enjoys things like Mario and Rayman. Rayman is out because we already own Origins and Legends on the PS3. I'm looking for something along those lines that she might enjoy playing. Any suggestions from the CAG community.

We do have PS+, which I know has been good to the Vita. I just wish the free Vita games were more upfront. I have missed a couple(still bummed about missing Sine Mora) because I didn't realize they were free.

Thanks for the help!

For PS+, I highly suggest going to the online (http://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com) every Tuesday afternoon (or Wednesday) and adding the free PS+ games to your cart and then checkout. That's what I do to ensure I don't miss out. I've been doing that with the PS4 free games as well, but I won't have a PS4 until sometime next year likely.

As for games, it sounds like she likes platformers. There are a lot of indie platforming games you should check out in the indie section. I would also suggest the recently-released Tearaway. Gravity Rush is also an excellent game if you haven't tried it yet. Spelunky, Thomas Was Alone, and maybe Sound Shapes are just a few that I would suggest off the top of my head.

If either of you like RPGs, I would definitely recommend Persona 4: Golden, however, expect to invest a good 60-80+ hours into the game (if you really get into it :)).

Second Persona 4, it's probably the best game out for Vita if you like RPGs. Also definitely get her Terraria, sounds like she'll dig it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to check them out.

I brought the wife to Best Buy the other day and they had a demo Vita with Tearaway on it. She seemed to enjoy it. We pulled the trigger on the Vita, 16GB card, and Tearaway. I bought Guacamelee this past week and she has been playing that and enjoying it.

I'll have to check out Persona. I enjoy RPGs so others should be right up my alley.

I had thought of Terrarria as well. I'm not sure if she would like it though. If there is a demo ill download it and give it a shot with her.

Vita should be here Tuesday or Wednesday and I'm excited!

Another one I thought of that she might like is Spelunky.  It's pretty tough, though, so if she doesn't like dying alot it might turn her off. It's a great platformer though!

Another one I thought of that she might like is Spelunky. It's pretty tough, though, so if she doesn't like dying alot it might turn her off. It's a great platformer though!
Already downloaded the demo and she hasn't really invested any time into it. I'm not positive how she will take it, but it is definitely on the list. Thanks!

Platforming, crafing, exploration, I imagine she would like Terraria.

Bit Trip runner, Flower, thomas was alone, Stealth Inc: A clone in the dark, limbo, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, sound shapes, Takes from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Touch my Katamari

How about Little Big Planet?  I got it on one of the holiday sales for $10 and it's pretty good compared to the PS3 ones (though I thought I read somewhere there was cross/play between it and LBP2 but I don't know how to do it).

Also Guacamelee and Spelunky have cross-platform co-op play on LAN so you two might enjoy that.

I'll 2nd Spelunky, but also suggest trying the demo first as it's not for everyone. Terraria is great and Stealth Inc. is too. I just bought the two DLC packs for Stealth Inc - it's a really fun (and challenging) puzzle platformer. Terraria has a demo, but note that the demo is a little frustrating (IMHO) as parts are not entirely clear, whereas the game is actually a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. Check out the IGN beginners guide for the game.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! During the last sale I took advantage of Stealth Inc and Thomas was Alone. She is enjoying both of them. I'm also really liking Stealth Inc, but my time has been taken up by Killzone: Mercenary.

I'll let her finish those and then Tearaway. The only other I might invest in is Dustforce, that seems to be sort of like Guacamelee which she really enjoys.

bread's done
Back