Power Gig Guitar for 360...$17.99 GS w/PowerUp card....ymmv

rybrammer

CAGiversary!
I am pretty sure this is a YMMV as a quick online stock check of the Power Gig guitar controller at Gamestop reveals no listing for this guitar controller.

I purchased "Rock of the Dead" yesterday and needed a cheap guitar. In the process of asking the employee if they had any cheap guitars he told me they don't stock those anymore. He mentioned that they did have two "new" Power Gig controllers for 360 that they are actually selling as used. He said they have been slashed to $19.99 and eligible for PowerUp card savings. Went ahead and got one and can tell you I was quite impressed with it. Using the pick to strum with it while playing the game provided accurate results.

FYI, this is the guitar controller that basically came with "The Gig" which basically is an ultimate fail. This guitar controller can also serve as a real electric guitar when hooked to an amp as it features six real strings.

Interesting... I wonder if they broke the bundles for these? A quick check of Amazon reveals no guitar standalone, and I never saw one in the wild. I may have to check this today, just for the hell of it.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Interesting... I wonder if they broke the bundles for these? A quick check of Amazon reveals no guitar standalone, and I never saw one in the wild. I may have to check this today, just for the hell of it.[/QUOTE]

I wonder that too. I did see a lot of "The Gig" titles new and used for the cheap. You may want to call around to some local Gamestop's to see if they have any in stock. Good Luck.

Well after a few more people say they got it I will defiantly go and check it out. I play guitar so a real one (even if it is of iffy quality) is still a guitar for under $20 bucks, plus the games only like $4 or something. would shoot on it for if nothing else to have a cheap set of equipment to carry around that i don't have to worry about getting stolen.

Did it still come with the amp, strings, picks like that package does?

[quote name='An J0e']Well after a few more people say they got it I will defiantly go and check it out. I play guitar so a real one (even if it is of iffy quality) is still a guitar for under $20 bucks, plus the games only like $4 or something. would shoot on it for if nothing else to have a cheap set of equipment to carry around that i don't have to worry about getting stolen.

Did it still come with the amp, strings, picks like that package does?[/QUOTE]

Mine came with everything except amp. Included stings, picks, and strap. However, all of these items were loose and not in box as that how it was sold to me. I think if they have actual used ones your accessories would vary.

Called two stores so far, and neither were aware of any instructions to split up the bundles they have in stock. Maybe they're behind on reading their morning e-mails from corporate :)

EDIT: Two more stores called. The last one went to the trouble of going through his recent e-mails to see if corporate had issued instructions to break up the Power Gig bundles, and he couldn't find anything. Seems this probably isn't a corporate-wide thing, at least not yet.

Lucky find, OP. I'll keep my eyes peeled, but it seems like you might have been the benefactor of a particularly-overzealous DM :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dave auto']Called two stores so far, and neither were aware of any instructions to split up the bundles they have in stock. Maybe they're behind on reading their morning e-mails from corporate :)

EDIT: Two more stores called. The last one went to the trouble of going through his recent e-mails to see if corporate had issued instructions to break up the Power Gig bundles, and he couldn't find anything. Seems this probably isn't a corporate-wide thing, at least not yet.

Lucky find, OP. I'll keep my eyes peeled, but it seems like you might have been the benefactor of a particularly-overzealous DM :)[/QUOTE]

This could be the case as the transaction seemed very odd. I wonder if a tactic of calling around and asking if they have "used" ones in stock would work and then ask the selling price. However, Im sure this is a rarely found used item as of now.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Does anyone know the SKU so we can make a stock locator page?[/QUOTE]

Would this be located on my receipt? I can look later tonight and post.

[quote name='rybrammer']Would this be located on my receipt? I can look later tonight and post.[/QUOTE]

Probably. It's worth a shot. We greatly appreciate the help.

I have around 40 different Gamestops I don't mind driving to, but it would suck to have to call each one. :D

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Probably. It's worth a shot. We greatly appreciate the help.

I have around 40 different Gamestops I don't mind driving to, but it would suck to have to call each one. :D[/QUOTE]

Ok, I will take a picture of the receipt and post it later tonight. I have not looked at the receipt at all since the purchase last night.

[quote name='rybrammer']Ok, I will take a picture of the receipt and post it later tonight. I have not looked at the receipt at all since the purchase last night.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Probably. It's worth a shot. We greatly appreciate the help.

I have around 40 different Gamestops I don't mind driving to, but it would suck to have to call each one. :D[/QUOTE]

Wait, did I read that right? You will drive around to 40 stores instead of just calling them?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Awesome. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ok, can't get a good picture from phone but here is the exact lines and text from the receipt

XB360 Wireless GH Guitar

[quote name='xhonzi']Wait, did I read that right? You will drive around to 40 stores instead of just calling them?[/QUOTE]

No, but I'll drive to any of them. I'm not driving to all of them. I just need to know which one to drive to, lol. I commute to school, so there's a lot of GS I go to.

bread's done
Back