Power gig rise of the 6 string $26.99 Best Buy

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']How is the guitar itself? Might be worth it for a backup for jamming (non-video game use)[/QUOTE]

I haven't played the game or hooked it up; but I picked it up at a local used store just to see how it felt.

It's low quality and really small in comparison to a regular guitar. Strings seem closer together; but it does seem to be scaled properly. Harmonics are where they should be, etc etc.

Lower quality than First Act; feels more cheap (just plastic I think), pass if you think anything serious is going to come out of it.

It's 24.99 at my best buy. For some reason I'm under the impression that the guitar works as a controller for othermusic games as well. I think it has a mode where it can work as a regular RB/GH style controller. I picked one up, but haven't tried it yet. For $25, I don't really care. :)

i'm still really on the fence with this one. like Katsu said for $25/$27 i may not care that much but do i really need yet another plastic guitar laying around the house

You can get the rock band 3 mustang for 60 bucks at microcenter and that guitar not only works with a good music game (rock band), but it's build quality is going to blow away the power gig one.

[quote name='Remeard']I haven't played the game or hooked it up; but I picked it up at a local used store just to see how it felt.

It's low quality and really small in comparison to a regular guitar. Strings seem closer together; but it does seem to be scaled properly. Harmonics are where they should be, etc etc.

Lower quality than First Act; feels more cheap (just plastic I think), pass if you think anything serious is going to come out of it.[/QUOTE]Thanks - if it's smaller than a regular guitar, it's not even good as a practice instrument, I'll pass.

[quote name='dmdragon']You can get the rock band 3 mustang for 60 bucks at microcenter and that guitar not only works with a good music game (rock band), but it's build quality is going to blow away the power gig one.[/QUOTE]

The Mustang guitar for Rock Band 3 (Pro Mode guitar) is $150 at Micro Center. They have the Wooden Fender Stratocaster for $69.99 and that's a spectacular gaming guitar, but I would have jumped on a Mustang for $60.

26 dollars for the whole bundle i would probably buy it myself. I got just the disc on gamefly for $1.80. It's not a very good game at all but I was surprised at some of the songs it has. At the very least you can just use the guitar as a low end real guitar for like $80 less!

I have this. The guitar is very cheaply made. It's a plastic body, about 3/4th scale, so smaller frets than normal, and it's practically impossible to keep in tune. While it does technically work as a real guitar, you are not going to enjoy attempting to play with it. It will work as a guitar controller in RB/GH games, yes, but again, it's a very odd experience to try to do so. I wouldn't really recommend it. The guitar has a rubber stopper that lifts onto the neck, to keep the strings from reverberating while using it as a controller. So the strings feel very stiff and have very little give in the strum area, and are pretty much fixed in place along the neck. It's awkward all the way around. For $27, hey, maybe you get a day's worth of entertainment out of it, but don't expect anything special.

Edit: Forgot to say, the game itself reminds me of Rock Revolution. It's not very good, but it's not quite God-awful. If you can deal with the vertical, 2-D note highways, no bass play, very picky timing windows, repetitive play lists, and a quirky career mode, eh, it might be worth playing if you're a huge music game fan and want to try out a new setlist. It has a few exclusive artists (Kid Rock, Eric Clapton) but most of the good songs must be unlocked by playing half the career mode first. And there is a LOT of mediocre filler on the setlist that is unlocked right away.

[quote name='Remeard']It's low quality and really small in comparison to a regular guitar. Strings seem closer together; but it does seem to be scaled properly. Harmonics are where they should be, etc etc.

Lower quality than First Act; feels more cheap (just plastic I think), pass if you think anything serious is going to come out of it.[/QUOTE]

So, in other words, it's a lot like a guitar made for a video game. Just buy a real guitar, people. Please. :(

wow i'm at abb now, last ps3 byndle and marked $24.99, but after having the rock revolution bundle for like 2 years in my attic, i just cant get this..it has always looked semi cool though!

bread's done
Back